Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Will The HCC Raid The MIC?

Guest DT

14 minutes ago, DT said:

Join the discussion over at Hoosier High School Football on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/Hoosier-High-School-Football-107360041590757

I view it in the opposite direction.

Two MIC schools have become bored in a majority of sports and are looking at their options from a competitive standpoint.

Those two have also taken over in TRACK...wrap your mind around that.

Have I said too much?

5 hours ago, Staxawax said:

So you repeatedly say that CG and Carmel are concerned about the "country club" sports.  Have they told you that?  Can you sight sources?

And who is Cody Parkhurst?

Indirectly, yes.

One of the ADs who reached out stated they’d still like to play a MIC football schedule while being a member of the HCC.

Seems arrogant to me as they seem to want it both ways and I’d be shocked if that’s how it went down but it’s not hard to connect the dots.

If the HCC adds two schools they would likely go to a 9 game full round robin with no openings for out of conference games.  That seems to be the model in use today.  

23 hours ago, DT said:

If the HCC adds two schools they would likely go to a 9 game full round robin with no openings for out of conference games.  That seems to be the model in use today.  

Doesn't make much sense from a visibility standpoint. I get Carmel and CG to the HCC makes sense if you're talking about competitiveness in all sports, but football and basketball will always be king in Indiana. Center Grove and Carmel landlocking themselves to a 9 games HCC only schedule, really hurts their visibility at the regional and national level. 

CG/CA/BD/WC will always be linked thru the playoffs.  It might actually be better that they dont play each other twice, which thay have done several times in previous seasons.  

I really believe the two schools are of the thinking that the current level of play in The HCC is more than adequate for tournament preparation.  And the coveted Copper Kettle game would also be preserved and still be a conference game.  

I dont think we will see the days of WC running off 4 state titles in a row or BD winning 6 in ten years.  Those days are gone.  The competition has caught up and there is more parity in 6A, which is good news for high school football in general in Indiana.

20 minutes ago, DT said:

CG/CA/BD/WC will always be linked thru the playoffs.  It might actually be better that they dont play each other twice, which thay have done several times in previous seasons.  

I really believe the two schools are of the thinking that the current level of play in The HCC is more than adequate for tournament preparation.  And the coveted Copper Kettle game would also be preserved and still be a conference game.  

I dont think we will see the days of WC running off 4 state titles in a row or BD winning 6 in ten years.  Those days are gone.  The competition has caught up and there is more parity in 6A, which is good news for high school football in general in Indiana.

Is it really parity when 12 percent of the class (4 schools) dominate 6A?

I have gone on record as stating that the HCC gets 2-3 titles this decade.  I’ll stick to it and maybe even bump that up should the rumored move eventually take place.

Edited by temptation

3 minutes ago, temptation said:

Is it really parity when 12 percent of the class (4 schools) dominate 6A?

I have gone on record as stating that the HCC gets 2-3 titles this decade.  I’ll stick to it and maybe even bump that up should the rumored move eventually take place.

It semed like not too long ago it was a 2 team race.  (BD/WC)  Now its a 4 team scramble (BD/WC/CA/CG)

I think we both agree that its just a matter of time before someone else breaks thru.  Could even be another MIC school.  There is a lot of hope now at many 6A schools where there was not 10 years ago.  Better players, better facilities, better coaching and better strength and speed development initiatives have made this possible.  It should certainly continue.  

33 minutes ago, DT said:

Carmel will go north in the next classification cycle and there's a chance they stay north for good if Zionsville reaches the 6A threshold which seems imminent. Would mean the only chance Carmel has at playing BD or Warren is in the state finals and there's a zero percent chance in that scenario they play both teams in any given year. That would be a travesty for Indiana High School football. 

36 minutes ago, DT said:

I disagree. Warren and Ben Davis are still better than any two other teams the HCC has to offer on a consistent basis and Center Grove would lose its game to Cathedral at the end of the year which has quietly become one the better "friendly" rivalries in the state. It's a barn burner every year. North Central is proving to be a worth opponent and is a natural rivalry with Carmel (or at least used to be) and Lawrence North is definitely on the upswing. 

38 minutes ago, DT said:

I don't think any team is going to rattle off 4 in a row at the 6A level nor win 6 in 10 years with or without conference realignment. 

23 minutes ago, temptation said:

Is that in the current climate or dependent on Carmel and/or Center Grove making the move?

3 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Carmel will go north in the next classification cycle and there's a chance they stay north for good if Zionsville reaches the 6A threshold which seems imminent. Would mean the only chance Carmel has at playing BD or Warren is in the state finals and there's a zero percent chance in that scenario they play both teams in any given year. That would be a travesty for Indiana High School football. 

I disagree. Warren and Ben Davis are still better than any two other teams the HCC has to offer on a consistent basis and Center Grove would lose its game to Cathedral at the end of the year which has quietly become one the better "friendly" rivalries in the state. It's a barn burner every year. North Central is proving to be a worth opponent and is a natural rivalry with Carmel (or at least used to be) and Lawrence North is definitely on the upswing. 

I don't think any team is going to rattle off 4 in a row at the 6A level nor win 6 in 10 years with or without conference realignment. 

Lawrence North is on a “talent upswing”, it is still to be determined whether or not it translates into long term tournament success.

They arguably had the best two players on the field in over 75 percent of their games last season and still couldn’t advance past the sectional.

North Central gets Temp’s “covid pass” for 2020 as they had a great 2019.  2021 will tell the real story on their future.

Edited by temptation

24 minutes ago, temptation said:

Lawrence North is on a “talent upswing”, it is still to be determined whether or not it translates into long term tournament success.

They arguably had the best two players on the field in over 75 percent of their games last season and still couldn’t advance past the sectional.

North Central gets Temp’s “covid pass” for 2020 as they had a great 2019.  2021 will tell the real story on their future.

I think Lawrence North has a good staff in place. I think they will only continue to get better especially as the talent in Lawrence Township continues to sway towards Hague Rd. 

As far as North Central goes, if Coach O'Shea stays to see things through I believe they are the sleeping giant in 6A. 

22 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Is that in the current climate or dependent on Carmel and/or Center Grove making the move?

Its my believe that the CG ahletic and admistrative hierarchy put a higher emphasis on gate revenues and better competition for non revenue sports than they do on maintaining annual egular season rivalries with BD and WC.  The 20 year chase is over.  CG has caught and passed both, and is now the hunted.  Its the natural law of competitive sports.  Reminds me of what Clemson has done in The ACC.  Dabo came out of nowhere and built them into a powerhouse, supplanting Miami and Florida State in the process.  

16 minutes ago, DT said:

Its my believe that the CG ahletic and admistrative hierarchy put a higher emphasis on gate revenues and better competition for non revenue sports than they do on maintaining annual egular season rivalries with BD and WC.  The 20 year chase is over.  CG has caught and passed both, and is now the hunted.  Its the natural law of competitive sports.  Reminds me of what Clemson has done in The ACC.  Dabo came out of nowhere and built them into a powerhouse, supplanting Miami and Florida State in the process.  

Totally get that. That has a chance to backfire as well. With a landlocked 9 game HCC schedule, there's going to be years where CG only gets 4 home games and they have no control as to who that opponent is. I'm guessing the CG athletic department is going to be disappointed when opponents like Noblesville, Franklin Central, HSE, and Fishers come to town. Those schools don't travel like you think especially down to Johnson County. 

8 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I think Lawrence North has a good staff in place. I think they will only continue to get better especially as the talent in Lawrence Township continues to sway towards Hague Rd. 

As far as North Central goes, if Coach O'Shea stays to see things through I believe they are the sleeping giant in 6A. 

Agree on both accounts but like we always say with the HCC schools, no one will believe it until they SEE it.  Last year's Warren team was mediocre by past standards and shut down LN's two offensive juggernauts in the sectional.

North Central, on the other hand actually had the 2018 Warren team on the ropes and gave them one hell of a game.

Both programs definitely have reason for optimism but the bottom four in the MIC will not garner statewide respect until they break into the top half of the conference on a consistent basis.

17 minutes ago, temptation said:

Agree on both accounts but like we always say with the HCC schools, no one will believe it until they SEE it.  Last year's Warren team was mediocre by past standards and shut down LN's two offensive juggernauts in the sectional.

North Central, on the other hand actually had the 2018 Warren team on the ropes and gave them one hell of a game.

Both programs definitely have reason for optimism but the bottom four in the MIC will not garner statewide respect until they break into the top half of the conference on a consistent basis.

Definitely fair, respect is earned.

Still not buying a move to the HCC is an upgrade for Carmel and Center Grove in terms of competitiveness from a football standpoint. 

6 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Totally get that. That has a chance to backfire as well. With a landlocked 9 game HCC schedule, there's going to be years where CG only gets 4 home games and they have no control as to who that opponent is. I'm guessing the CG athletic department is going to be disappointed when opponents like Noblesville, Franklin Central, HSE, and Fishers come to town. Those schools don't travel like you think especially down to Johnson County. 

They might consider adopting an 8/1 option where week one is left as an open date and conference play starts in week 2.  I would actually prefer this model

2 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Still not buying a move to the HCC is an upgrade for Carmel and Center Grove in terms of competitiveness from a football standpoint. 

I think the general consensus is that its more of a lateral move than an upgrade.  At least that is my POV.  It may even be a short step down in the near term

12 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Today, it isn't.  Tomorrow it won't be.  But by the end of this decade?  It will be.

14 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

Again, if this is actually all true, the main factor is outside of football. It’s for all around athletics. 

I still believe conferences need to be considered on geographical standpoint but that’s not as common anymore.

CG and CA fit perfectly in either The MIC or THe HCC.  Its the reason God created 465

9 minutes ago, DT said:

CG and CA fit perfectly in either The MIC or THe HCC.  Its the reason God created 465

Carmel it’s perfect. CG to Westfield or noblesville, or fishers/HSE. Those are some drives!! Carmel and CG are a long drive as is.