Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HHF/GID Interview with Columbus North Head Coach Tim Bless

Guest DT

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

Irony here?

Why do you bitch about half the things you do on the GID, most that have nothing to do with high school football?

We all hear you FK16,  why don't you take your complaints/concerns to the source of your consternation? I'm sure you could have a productive dialog with Mr. Bless, don't you?

I'm not the one that gave the interview. 

Yet you are the one incessantly complaining in this thread about Mr. Bless's scheduling strategy, are you not?  Perhaps Mr. Bless would be open to another interview surrounding this particular topic.

16 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Yet you are the one incessantly complaining in this thread about Mr. Bless's scheduling strategy, are you not?  Perhaps Mr. Bless would be open to another interview surrounding this particular topic.

Don't really care about his scheduling habits as much as I do about his contradictory and hypocritical statements in the interview on this very thread in which the interviewer happens to be present and respondent to questions about said interview. Anything else I can do for you Muda?

2 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Don't really care about his scheduling habits as much as I do about his contradictory and hypocritical statements in the interview on this very thread in which the interviewer happens to be present and respondent to questions about said interview. Anything else I can do for you Muda?

Yes, contact Mr. Bless with your concerns regarding "contradictory and hypocritical statements" and report back to us your dialogue.

16 minutes ago, Grover said:

I feel like I'm in a Twilight Zone episode where Muda is calling out somebody else for incessant bitching.  

I spit out the imaginary coffee I wasn't drinking. It's literally his only schtick on this board that's gone on for well over 15 years. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sit and spin 1

I have not always agreed with @Muda69, but I have come to think very critically of his content. The more I read his thoughts, opinions, facts on this board, the more I realize just how correct he is on so many levels. 

Too many people, myself included at times, enjoy living in an echo chamber. 

Muda does not. 

28 minutes ago, Grover said:

I feel like I'm in a Twilight Zone episode where Muda is calling out somebody else for incessant bitching.  

One HUGE difference I see here is, @Muda69has continually went directly to the source with his “complaints”.   That, I respect the heck out of!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DE said:

One HUGE difference I see here is, @Muda69has continually went directly to the source with his “complaints”.   That, I respect the heck out of!

Muda literally went almost an entire decade posting scores of “blowouts” week after week and only offered a solution of taking a knee for the rest of the game once the deficit threshold reached 35. 

Applaud you for being able to get past his incessant bitching. I for one haven’t.

Edited by Footballking16

Muda once literally went almost an entire decade posting scores of “blowouts” week after week and only offered a solution of taking a knee for the rest of the game once the deficit threshold reached 35. 

Applaud you for being able to get past his incessant bitching. I for one haven’t.

Thank you for your response.  

Interesting.  Almost like his "incessant ********" got noticed.

Always enjoy reading your content FB16

5 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

He posted the same drivel even after the mercy rule was enacted. That was never his primary or even secondary goal.

Have you ever considered that getting your blood pressure up is his actual goal?

If so, mission accomplished.

8 minutes ago, temptation said:

Have you ever considered that getting your blood pressure up is his actual goal?

If so, mission accomplished.

You know, I don’t think that’s the case with Muda.

Had you said trying to sound the smartest in a room full of people talking about high school football, I’d agree.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Muda literally went almost an entire decade posting scores of “blowouts” week after week and only offered a solution of taking a knee for the rest of the game once the deficit threshold reached 35. 

No, it was more like 4-6 years.  I have the old spreadsheets around here somewhere.  But nice try at hyperbole.

And sorry that you equate an internet message forum where thoughts and ideas are supposed to be encouraged as "incessant bitching".

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Had you said trying to sound the smartest in a room full of people talking about high school football, I’d agree.

I've never claimed or wanted to be anything of the kind.   It's individuals like you who apply such labels to other individuals who espouse strong opinions, especially opinions you disagree with.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

He posted the same drivel even after the mercy rule was enacted. That was never his primary or even secondary goal.

IIRC the IHSAA enacted a football mercy rule in 2019:  https://www.southbendtribune.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/05/01/ihsaa-adopts-mercy-rule-for-football-contests/46498821/

The last "Let's run up the score" spreadsheet I can find on my home desktop and laptop PC's is from 2016, the earliest from 2011.  So much guess of doing it for 4-6 years was correct.

You are batting .000 so far today FB16.  Better quit while you are behind the count.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/1/2021 at 8:36 AM, DT said:

Coach Bless makes a very good point

His school has 2100 kids.  Carmel has 5200.  Carmel can go 3 deep at every position and rotate fresh bodies.  CN likely will have multiple goes going both ways.  This is inherently dangerous and puts one team at a huge disadvantage.  yet they are in the same class?  

The proposal to reduce 6A to the top 24 schools in enrollment is the best fix for this issue.  

Gibson Southern has 703.   

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Grover said:

Gibson Southern has 703.   

That Big Ten QB counts for 500 students all on his own.

52 minutes ago, Grover said:

Gibson Southern has 703.   

Didn’t they beat the same B10 QB by 40 last year? You can’t complain about enrollment disparity as a 6A school and get run off the field by a school with 700 kids. Doesn’t work that way.

Coach Bless sure has some explaining to do.  I dont speak for him.  His words are on the record.  Tough night for Columbus football.  But hey, Edinburgh won!  Nice win Coach Despain.

D_GVdONVUAEsqXo.jpg