Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Colts 2021

Muda69

18 hours ago, Staxawax said:

Should never have come down to this. RUN THE DAMN BALL! outscored 31-10? What the hell!

Agree....

I saw a stat...Wentz had 51 pass attempts to Taylor's 16 rush attempts.....seriously??  I thought Reich was supposed to put Wentz in a position where he didn't need to put the game on his shoulders??  I am glad to see Reich take the blame for the interception from the end zone.  Calling a screen from your own end zone?  Let the line pour through while the QB is in the endzone?  What could go wrong??  Oops.  Wentz had no choice..had he been sacked, Titans would have received 2 points and the ball back.

Any reason why Reich has to call the game?  Why isn't that handed to the OC so Reich can focus on all phases of the game...keeping his head clear?

• Like 1

Doyel: Colts have to sit Carson Wentz to keep 2022 first-round draft pick

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2021/11/01/colts-must-sit-carson-wentz-keep-first-round-pick-2022-nfl-draft/6155489001/

(Note:  article is behind a paywall)

The Carson Wentz experiment was fun while it lasted, wasn’t it? We’ll always have that Bomb Cyclone in San Francisco, and those victories over a bad team from Miami and a worse one from Houston. But we’re reaching the point where this experiment needs an expiration date, and while that date cannot be Thursday against the New York Jets for obvious reasons – the Colts have obviously screwed up their quarterback room beyond recognition – this experiment needs to end soon.

You know it and I know it, and you know the Philadelphia Eagles are terrified right now, because it’s not just the Colts’ future riding on this decision; the Eagles are invested heavily as well. It’s because of the trade that brought Wentz here, and while this contractual stuff can make your eyes glaze over, bear with me for one moment. This is important:

The Colts acquired Wentz in February for a third-round pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, and a first-round pick in 2022.

Unless.

If Wentz plays less than 75% of the Colts’ offensive snaps this season, that first-rounder in 2022 becomes a second-rounder.

Translation: The Colts need to sit Wentz at least four games, five to be safe, to keep a bad trade from becoming worse. Otherwise, after losing the 2021 season thanks in part to this Carson Wentz experiment, they’ll start their rebuild behind schedule by missing out on their 2022 first-round pick. And at this rate, thanks to the implosion of the Carson Wentz experiment, that pick – currently ninth according to tankathon.com – will be a pretty damn good one.

Nice to know Mr. Doyel has already given up on Mr. Wentz and now advocates tanking the rest of the season.

4 hours ago, Muda69 said:

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2021/11/01/colts-must-sit-carson-wentz-keep-first-round-pick-2022-nfl-draft/6155489001/

Nice to know Mr. Doyel has already given up on Mr. Wentz and now advocates tanking the rest of the season.

Because Doyel is such a football expert.......

Doyel still has his bias alive and well against Wentz because of his choice not to take the Covid vaccine.  Doyel has been outspoken and ruthless on Twitter and in the Star regarding Wentz and his decision.  Doyel allows his personal politics to bias his positions as a sportswriter, which is a shame.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Muda69 said:

I gave up on him before he got here. It was a horrible decision by the Colts, but maybe they did it because Matt Hasselbeck and Gary Hogeboom weren't available any more.

I believe Doyel was suggesting that Wentz be benched so the Colts don't lose a first round draft pick, as they will if Wentz plays 75% of the Colt games.  Making the playoffs isn't completely gone but it's going to take a lot of circumstances beyond the Colt's winning out to accomplish that.  

47 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

Well, for one thing, they don't have to play their #3 QB too often.  

Frank did pull the plug late again tonight.  Evidently Frank has a personal mercy rule.😏

I mean the holes that the Indy running backs were given and the free reign given to the WR’s to do whatever they wanted was absolutely putrid.

2 hours ago, temptation said:

I mean the holes that the Indy running backs were given and the free reign given to the WR’s to do whatever they wanted was absolutely putrid.

Oh their defense never defended until the Colts thought the game was over, late 3rd quarter up 42-10.

17 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

Oh their defense never defended until the Colts thought the game was over, late 3rd quarter up 42-10.

That was when I left the game. Fealt bad for Mike White. Guy finally gets his shot as an NFL starter, looks good, and then damages his wrist on a Colts helmet. On the plus side, he probably secured another 10 years in the NFL as a backup. 

Jonathan Taylor is fun to watch live. Same for Michael Pittman. It's nice to see an offense actually function after watching Bears games every week.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that the Colts just have a hard time keeping the hammer down.  They had a 17-0 lead a few minutes into the game and have had a tough time moving the ball since.  They are driving now but for most of the 1st half they've have trouble moving the ball.  Taylor is over 100 yards in the first half, most of those coming in the early spurt.