Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Colts 2021

Muda69

On 11/29/2021 at 9:56 AM, Muda69 said:

The Colts lost because Wentz and Reich conveniently forgot the Colts have the current leading rusher in the NFL.  Instead they run something like 25+ consecutive pass plays.

Run the damn ball.

Wentz isn't calling his own plays.....

They were playing the #1 rush defense in the league.  I have been hard on Reich.  I am not disagreeing with you....perhaps Reich waited too late to go back to the run in the 2nd half.  Hard to argue with the point production in the first half.  TB played to stop Taylor and the pass ate them up.  But, guessing they made adjustments in the 2nd half to stop the pass game and that is probably when the run might have been more effective.  Reich waited until well in the Q4 to give Taylor the ball.  

One thing is for sure...the Colts don't like it easy.  Tennessee lost again, but no ground made up.....

4 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Neither was he audibling from the called pass play to a run play.

that's fair....just not sure how much liberty he has at this point.  Hines played a lot more in the 3rd quarter...which surprised me a little.  Taylor catches the ball out of the backfield well also.

All in all, I am not disagreeing with you.  I just think (and I could be mistaken) that Reich hold most of the cards offensively.

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, temptation said:

Still gonna regret those collapses against Baltimore and Tennessee when playoff time rolls around.

They “should” be in control of their own destiny in terms of the division title.

Yep!  Those were bad and the Tampa Bay collapse wasn't good either.

When you get a turnover at your opponent's 20 yard line you don't throw the ball, you give it to your bread and butter man!  Taylor should be in the MVP conversation!

• Like 1

Nice win for the Colts, 22-16, considering the circumstances.  The OL was down to one starter in there but they found a way to win.  Carson Wentz ain't so bad after all.

The NFL "experts" all picked 'Zona to win the game, but you can't blame 'em with all the injuries in the Colt's OL.  Also the Cardinals played very sloppy football tonight.

8 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

Nice win for the Colts, 22-16, considering the circumstances.  The OL was down to one starter in there but they found a way to win.  Carson Wentz ain't so bad after all.

The NFL "experts" all picked 'Zona to win the game, but you can't blame 'em with all the injuries in the Colt's OL.  Also the Cardinals played very sloppy football tonight.

Helluva win.  Huge gut check.

If, and hopefully when, the Colts get healthy, they should have some depth after all this.  Lots of guys getting significant playing time should make them better for the playoffs.  Who'd a thunk it when they started 0-3 and lost at least 3 games with double digit leads late in the game.

4 hours ago, Whiting89 said:

Congrats Carson Wentz your selfishness has derailed the team because you are scared or don’t believe in a shot

I find the inconsistencies here fascinating. Players take pride in “taking one for the team,” subordinating their own wishes for the good of the team. Players who sacrifice for the team are praised for it. Conceptually, what is the difference between playing in a big game when you’re not physically 100%, and getting vaccinated so that you’re available to play to the greatest extent possible, rather than sitting unavailable in extended COVID protocol because you’re unvaccinated? Is it because the whole COVID thing has become a political football (no pun intended)? Or because there is some difference between being out because of COVID vs. being out because of a sprained ankle? Either way, you’re unavailable to help the team. I don’t get it.

3 hours ago, Bobref said:

I find the inconsistencies here fascinating. Players take pride in “taking one for the team,” subordinating their own wishes for the good of the team. Players who sacrifice for the team are praised for it. Conceptually, what is the difference between playing in a big game when you’re not physically 100%, and getting vaccinated so that you’re available to play to the greatest extent possible, rather than sitting unavailable in extended COVID protocol because you’re unvaccinated? Is it because the whole COVID thing has become a political football (no pun intended)? Or because there is some difference between being out because of COVID vs. being out because of a sprained ankle? Either way, you’re unavailable to help the team. I don’t get it.

I don't either.  It would be better if he would openly discuss his reasons for not being vaccinated.  I just find this to be the ultimate sports selfishness.

12 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

I don't either.  It would be better if he would openly discuss his reasons for not being vaccinated.  I just find this to be the ultimate sports selfishness.

Wentz never commented

kirk cousins “if I die I die”

Aaron  Rodgers “alleged allergy to mRNA vaccine ingredient”

Just a side note to the commentary on Wentz. The NFL just changed their protocols again.  It sounded like they are treating vaxxed and unvaxxed the same. Depending when wentz got tested and showing no symptoms, he will be able to play in the colts next game.