Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Colts 2021

Muda69

2 minutes ago, DE said:

Just a side note to the commentary on Wentz. The NFL just changed their protocols again.  It sounded like they are treating vaxxed and unvaxxed the same. Depending when wentz got tested and showing no symptoms, he will be able to play in the colts next game. 

Temptation posted the link by espn in the nfl 2021 thread. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

I don't either.  It would be better if he would openly discuss his reasons for not being vaccinated.  I just find this to be the ultimate sports selfishness.

No one’s business.

You also think folks should openly discuss their vasectomies, colonoscopies and prostate exams too?

2 hours ago, temptation said:

No one’s business.

You also think folks should openly discuss their vasectomies, colonoscopies and prostate exams too?

It certainly is due to legalized gambling. There were some questionable line movement prior to official Carson Wentz announcement yesterday. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Whiting89 said:

It certainly is due to legalized gambling. There were some questionable line movement prior to official Carson Wentz announcement yesterday. 

Just when I begin to think you can’t sink any lower…

You mind posting those “advanced degrees” you boasted of?

6 minutes ago, temptation said:

Just when I begin to think you can’t sink any lower…

You mind posting those “advanced degrees” you boasted of?

I don’t understand your issue is with it, it’s a legit concern akin to insider trading on stock market

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/12/28/point-spread-started-moving-toward-raiders-before-colts-put-carson-wentz-on-covid-19-reserve/amp/

my degrees are bsba finance and mba so I see everything through business perspective 

Just now, Whiting89 said:

I don’t understand your issue is with it, it’s a legit concern akin to insider trading on stock market

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/12/28/point-spread-started-moving-toward-raiders-before-colts-put-carson-wentz-on-covid-19-reserve/amp/

my degrees are bsba finance and mba so I see everything through business perspective 

Ah, I was guessing philosophy.

38 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

When did an individual's medical choices become everyone's business?? 

When everyone benefits from the individuals choice that's when.  Maybe you're not old enough to remember smallpox and polio.  It's not just an individual choice it's a moral choice as well.

28 minutes ago, temptation said:

Since our leaders and the MSM have chosen to villianize the unvaccinated and turn it into a cats vs dogs rivalry.

That's just not true!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, temptation said:

No one’s business.

It's everybody's business!  This is seriously spreading and it's making it difficult for others to function normally.  If we all vaccinated, COVID would be less serious to us all.

15 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

When everyone benefits from the individuals choice that's when.  Maybe you're not old enough to remember smallpox and polio.  It's not just an individual choice it's a moral choice as well.

That's just not true!

I was absolutely around when the polio vaccines and boosters and received them myself...along with smallpox.  I just don't remember my father sticking his nose into other people's business and judging.  My parents made the choice for their family.  Had someone told my father what to do, he would have kindly told them to mind their own business.

I am not an anti-vaxxer....my family have had there shots including the booster.  But its none of your business what I chose, and certainly no one's business what a handful of Colts players decide what is best for them and their families.  We already know that having the vaccine, while lessening the spread, does not prevent it.  And we don't know yet the long-term impacts....not after a few months. We also know the risk is not uniform and that certain demographics are at higher risk than others.  While I believe in the vaccine, I have no right to impose my beliefs on others.

You don't get to decide morals for everyone....you may think you have that right, but you don't.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

It's everybody's business!  This is seriously spreading and it's making it difficult for others to function normally.  If we all vaccinated, COVID would be less serious to us all.

Fauci and Biden told us that if 70% of the public was vaccinated, they would stop the pandemic through herd immunity.  They were wrong.  The states that have achieved this are not seeing a cease in the transmission of the virus.

Influenza kills on average 30-65K in the US each year.  Do you challenge everyone that doesn't get their annual flu vaccine?  Or do you decide the level of risk before judging others?  

• Like 1

On 12/30/2021 at 10:16 AM, Bash Riprock said:

I was absolutely around when the polio vaccines and boosters and received them myself...along with smallpox.  I just don't remember my father sticking his nose into other people's business and judging.  My parents made the choice for their family.  Had someone told my father what to do, he would have kindly told them to mind their own business.

I am not an anti-vaxxer....my family have had there shots including the booster.  But its none of your business what I chose, and certainly no one's business what a handful of Colts players decide what is best for them and their families.  We already know that having the vaccine, while lessening the spread, does not prevent it.  And we don't know yet the long-term impacts....not after a few months. We also know the risk is not uniform and that certain demographics are at higher risk than others.  While I believe in the vaccine, I have no right to impose my beliefs on others.

You don't get to decide morals for everyone....you may think you have that right, but you don't.

It's moral when the health of the nation would be highly better if we all would vaccinate.

On 12/29/2021 at 6:42 PM, temptation said:

Dr. Fauci, is that you?

Don't you wish!  It's evident you don't care for his advice either.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

It's moral when the health of the nation would be highly better if we all would vaccinate.

Like the weatherman, never has to be right but still gets to keep his job.

Dude has been wrong repeatedly.

16 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

Vaccinated people, for the most part, are safe.  At least for now, until we fully understand long-term effects of the vaccines.  While we have learned the vaccines do not prevent incidence, they seem with the current variants to prevent/reduce significantly mortality.  So you and those that vaccinate now are safe....for the current time.

Why do you care if a member of the Colts (who are already at lower risk given their age, physical shape, controlled exposure, etc. ) do not choose to vaccinate?  As we know, all can spread the virus, and its my educated guess that more precautions are taken with Wentz, Leonard, Nelson, etc. than the average Joe.  Far more precautions.

Fauci and Biden told us if we a achieved 70% vaccination rate, we will obtain herd immunity.  There are now states above 70% and we know that herd immunity has not occurred at this %.  

You didn't answer my question about demanding influenza vaccines for all.  Is 60K annual deaths acceptable risk?  

The moral question is an interesting one....its always interesting when one type of death is acceptable, when another is not.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

21 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Vaccinated people, for the most part, are safe.  At least for now, until we fully understand long-term effects of the vaccines.  While we have learned the vaccines do not prevent incidence, they seem with the current variants to prevent/reduce significantly mortality.  So you and those that vaccinate now are safe....for the current time.

Why do you care if a member of the Colts (who are already at lower risk given their age, physical shape, controlled exposure, etc. ) do not choose to vaccinate?  As we know, all can spread the virus, and its my educated guess that more precautions are taken with Wentz, Leonard, Nelson, etc. than the average Joe.  Far more precautions.

Fauci and Biden told us if we a achieved 70% vaccination rate, we will obtain herd immunity.  There are now states above 70% and we know that herd immunity has not occurred at this %.  

You didn't answer my question about demanding influenza vaccines for all.  Is 60K annual deaths acceptable risk?  

The moral question is an interesting one....its always interesting when one type of death is acceptable, when another is not.  

Belongs in the OOB.