Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Colts 2021

Muda69

14 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Excuse me? I was making fun of myself. My own prediction. 

Ah, my bad.

Go grab Harbaugh and back up the truck for Russell Wilson, same style QB as Kap, who Harbaugh took to a Super Bowl.

Shelf life on an elite RB like JT is short.  No time to go back to the drawing board and develop an unproven QB.

3 hours ago, Staxawax said:

Boy was this a freezing cold take! Wentz is a failure. Reich is a failure. The Oline needed to grow a pair and NEVER did. Andrew Luck please come back! We need you!

I agree with you on all except that last sentence. Luck stayed at least 2 years too long. Too injury prone.

I said at the end of last season that Reich needed to go and strongly disagreed with the Wentz signing. 

Now I'm adding Ballard to the list of 'needs to be fired' as well. 

• Kill me now 1

3 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

I agree with you on all except that last sentence. Luck stayed at least 2 years too long. Too injury prone.

I said at the end of last season that Reich needed to go and strongly disagreed with the Wentz signing. 

Now I'm adding Ballard to the list of 'needs to be fired' as well. 

Knowing what we did then and not now and with who was available, who should the Colts have gone with over Wentz?

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Knowing what we did then and not now and with who was available, who should the Colts have gone with over Wentz?

Goff? 
Not Stafford

Trade up in the draft for either Mac Jones or Jordan Fields

Russell Wilson may be a solid target this off season. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Goff? 
Not Stafford

Goff, I’ll give you.  Mac Jones was a relative unknown and has flourished for one reason…the organization he went to.

And I think you mean JUSTIN Fields, and if so, this conversation is over.

I don’t know if Wilson is a realistic target but I do stand firm by my statement that you’ve got to strike while the iron is hot. You’ve got a top 5 RB in the league.  Get him a QB now.

1 minute ago, temptation said:

Goff, I’ll give you.  Mac Jones was a relative unknown and has flourished for one reason…the organization he went to.

And I think you mean JUSTIN Fields, and if so, this conversation is over.

I don’t know if Wilson is a realistic target but I do stand firm by my statement that you’ve got to strike while the iron is hot. You’ve got a top 5 RB in the league.  Get him a QB now.

I did mean Justin....thanks. The line that looked like one of the best in the league blocking for Taylor a few weeks ago and most of the season protecting Fields is intriguing. I know Bears fans were REALLY excited about picking him, but I knew they had done nothing to address their o line and that they did not have a real RB. 

Just now, Irishman said:

I did mean Justin....thanks. The line that looked like one of the best in the league blocking for Taylor a few weeks ago and most of the season protecting Fields is intriguing. I know Bears fans were REALLY excited about picking him, but I knew they had done nothing to address their o line and that they did not have a real RB. 

The next OSU quarterback that is successful in the NFL will be the first OSU quarterback that is successful in the NFL.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, temptation said:

The next OSU quarterback that is successful in the NFL will be the first OSU quarterback that is successful in the NFL.

Ehem. Mike Tomczak. From Super Bowl Shuffle Fame, I think 🤔 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Staxawax said:

Boy was this a freezing cold take! Wentz is a failure. Reich is a failure. The Oline needed to grow a pair and NEVER did. Andrew Luck please come back! We need you!

Defense didn't show either....they made a rookie QB look like an all pro.  Oline was so disappointing. Wentz...ugly again.

Playing a 2-14 team and was manhandled in all phases....and the game meant the entire season.  How does a team just lay down like that?....7 Pro Bowl players...yea right.

Will be interesting to see how Irsay handles this over the next few days....

Everyone still drinking the Ballard kool-aid?  This guy can't build a team.  Empty drafts on the defensive side and won't spend money on the FA market when it makes sense.  Instead deals away a first round pick on Wentz.  This can be overcome if you admit a mistake and move on.  Wentz deal ranks up there with the Richardson deal that Grigson made.  

• Like 1

On 1/9/2022 at 8:18 PM, Irishman said:

Goff? 
Not Stafford

I don't think they could have gotten Goff.  LA let him go because they received a better QB option.  Colts didn't have that to offer.  Goff doesn't leave LA without a better QB option.

I do think they looked at Stafford.  Lions would have demanded way too much.  The Colts future.

Trade up for Mac Jones....possible. But with getting Buckner prior year, not sure how much collateral they had to trade up.  And then there is the issue with development.  Not sure Colts had patience to start all over.  But Mac Jones sure does look like a beast for the future.

Free agency?  May be their best option without a 1st round draft pick this year.  Just not sure of their cap space, who they perhaps couldn't resign, and if Wilson still have lots of good playing days ahead of him.  Not sure how is short size and scrambling need fits in with their blocking scheme.  I am not sure the Colts have the receivers that will really attract a known FA.