The Gridiron Digest

Colts 2021

Muda69

The Colts lost because Wentz and Reich conveniently forgot the Colts have the current leading rusher in the NFL.  Instead they run something like 25+ consecutive pass plays.

Run the damn ball.

On 11/29/2021 at 9:56 AM, Muda69 said:

The Colts lost because Wentz and Reich conveniently forgot the Colts have the current leading rusher in the NFL.  Instead they run something like 25+ consecutive pass plays.

Run the damn ball.

Wentz isn't calling his own plays.....

They were playing the #1 rush defense in the league.  I have been hard on Reich.  I am not disagreeing with you....perhaps Reich waited too late to go back to the run in the 2nd half.  Hard to argue with the point production in the first half.  TB played to stop Taylor and the pass ate them up.  But, guessing they made adjustments in the 2nd half to stop the pass game and that is probably when the run might have been more effective.  Reich waited until well in the Q4 to give Taylor the ball.  

One thing is for sure...the Colts don't like it easy.  Tennessee lost again, but no ground made up.....

4 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Neither was he audibling from the called pass play to a run play.

that's fair....just not sure how much liberty he has at this point.  Hines played a lot more in the 3rd quarter...which surprised me a little.  Taylor catches the ball out of the backfield well also.

All in all, I am not disagreeing with you.  I just think (and I could be mistaken) that Reich hold most of the cards offensively.