3.  Fort Wayne Dwenger - 53

4.  Valparaiso - 49

5.  New Palestine - 43

5.  Whiteland - 43

7.  Fort Wayne Snider - 42

8.  Decatur Central - 34

9.  Bloomington South - 24

10. Mishawaka - 18

Others Receiving Votes:  Columbus East (16), Castle (15), Michigan City (9), Concord (7), Bloomington North (6), Harrison (West Lafayette) (3), Franklin (2), Hammond Morton (1)

5 hours ago, temptation said:

1.  Indianapolis Cathedral (10) - 100

2.  Zionsville - 85

4.  Valparaiso - 49

5.  New Palestine - 43

5.  Whiteland - 43

8.  Decatur Central - 34

10. Mishawaka - 18

Others Receiving Votes:  Columbus East (16), Castle (15), Michigan City (9), Concord (7), Bloomington North (6), Harrison (West Lafayette) (3), Franklin (2), Hammond Morton (1)

Looks good!

18 hours ago, temptation said:

1.  Indianapolis Cathedral (10) - 100

2.  Zionsville - 85

4.  Valparaiso - 49

5.  New Palestine - 43

5.  Whiteland - 43

8.  Decatur Central - 34

10. Mishawaka - 18

I would expect Valpo and Michigan City to switch spots. Though Michigan City is probably more in the 7-10 range. Valpo has lost A LOT. Cathedral will obviously dominate the headlines in this group, but the interested storylines to me are: 

1. How does Columbus East fair in year 1 post Gaddis? 
  2. Does New Pal return as a threat to Cathedral?
  3. Can Zionsville's D-1 laden O-Line stay healthy?
  4. Does Snider emerge as a threat to Cathedral?
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

I would expect Valpo and Michigan City to switch spots. Though Michigan City is probably more in the 7-10 range. Valpo has lost A LOT. Cathedral will obviously dominate the headlines in this group, but the interested storylines to me are: 

I would say Cathedral's only threat is themselves. Covid? Injuries? An Off Game? All possibilities. 

All 4 questions are great questions tho. I am looking forward to some good football. 

3 hours ago, Boilernation said:

I can only speak for #4.

Snider is on an upcycle going into 5a. Those around the program seem to be excided about what this team can accomplish. Keep an eye on Week 2. 

The big question for me is how well will Dwenger reload. They lose a bunch, but the kids in their pipeline are tough and always seem to step up. 

Valpo had a very good two year run just like Dwenger did. Again, a solid program every year. Do they take a downturn this season? 

Based on last year's performance, Zionsville has to be pegged as the team to beat up north at this point. Let's give credit where credit is due. And we know they'll be battle tested. They won't fear anyone north of their HCC opponents. 

New Pal's Kyle Ralph is 96-6 since taking over in 2013. Did I do the math right? Let's just put them at #2 behind Cathedral. 

Whiteland. Stock up or down from last year? If up, watch out. If down, the south is the Cathedral/New Pal show. 

I almost forgot to mention Cathedral. Probably because everyone is already dubbing them as the 5a champions.

1 hour ago, BTF said:

I can only speak for #4.

Snider is on an upcycle going into 5a. Those around the program seem to be excided about what this team can accomplish. Keep an eye on Week 2. 

A sign of the times/changing of the guard?

At one time the SAC schools measured themselves based on their performance AGAINST Snider.  Now Snider is the hunter instead of the hunted.

Could also say the same about the MIC. BD and Warren used to be the measuring stick annually.

Just now, temptation said:

A sign of the times/changing of the guard?

At one time the SAC schools measured themselves based on their performance AGAINST Snider.  Now Snider is the hunter instead of the hunted.

Could also say the same about the MIC. BD and Warren used to be the measuring stick annually.

There's been speculation for years that Homestead would be the next Carmel or Center Grove. But there is that ceiling they've hit every year since Zolman took over in 2004. I'm not ready to say there is a changing of the guard just yet. They are the defending two time SAC champs, but Snider had two VERY down years. Dwenger lost leads both years against the Spartans and were just inches from beating them twice. Homestead does seem to be a different team since joining the SAC though. If they pull off the hat trick this year, I'll be sold. But not until then.

The upside lays at Carroll. Dinan hasn't done much since joining the SAC, but he does have a sectional title to his credit after uprooting Penn in 2012. The north side of Fort Wayne is one of the fastest growing areas in the state and Carroll's facilities are as good as any. Changing of the guard? Not quite yet, but stay tuned. Dinan learned from one of the best. 

Snider and Dwenger are still the kingpins of the SAC in my opinion. We really need to see Homestead or Carroll compete at the Regional level. That's the only thing holding them back right now. 

I will be interested to see if Harrison is able to make waves and build on last season.  They might be a couple of seasons out, but their numbers are looking good and the pipeline also looks good too.

I'm interested to see the battle of Ft. Wayne between Dwenger and Snider. Either could pose an issue to Zionsville in the North. 

The Irish are praying to meet New Pal in the Regional. Extremely bad taste in our mouth from 2 years ago that wasn't rinsed out last year. First thing's first: injury free regular season and blindness to press clippings prove to be Cathedral's focus. 

Love this group of 40 seniors. Been together since 3rd grade beating on each other in CYO. Could go down as one of Cathedral's finest classes if they take care of business. 

• Like 1

Under: others receiving votes

I’m curious to see if the other Bloomington school can break out of Bloomington South’s shadow. Coach Bless has a great offense coming back and if the D can produce, I’m not counting the cougars out of the sectional title game.