Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

College Football 2021

Irishman

3 hours ago, BTF said:

We're just getting started.

Amazing stat I calculated last night and thought it was worth sharing...

EIGHT FBS programs from the state of Texas (Baylor, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Houston, SMU, North Texas, UTEP and UTSA) all qualified for and are playing in bowl games...but the UNIVERSITY of TEXAS is not.  

That one blew my mind.

NO excuse for the Longhorns to be this bad.  Too late to pull out of the SEC deal?

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, temptation said:

Amazing stat I calculated last night and thought it was worth sharing...

EIGHT FBS programs from the state of Texas (Baylor, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Houston, SMU, North Texas, UTEP and UTSA) all qualified for and are playing in bowl games...but the UNIVERSITY of TEXAS is not.  

That one blew my mind.

NO excuse for the Longhorns to be this bad.  Too late to pull out of the SEC deal?

That's mind numbing. 

20 hours ago, Irishman said:

Glad to have seen this move back to its own weekend a couple years ago. So much to love and appreciate about this game. I have said it before but John Feinstein's book "A Civil War" is a must read about this series.

Go Navy!!!

A Civil War is a great book.  Feinstein references an Army fullback by the name of Coby Short in a couple of places in the book.  Coby played football here in our state for Bedford North Lawrence.

Center Grove's Alex Aukerman had a great career at Army, and ended up #2 in all time sacks.  His team won a couple of the games against Navy, 2 CIC trophies and is currently serving as an officer at Fort Knox, KY.

Auk Trojan 1.jpg

Auk Army.jpg

Edited by Bash Riprock
  • Like 3

On 12/7/2021 at 9:00 PM, Irishman said:

Glad to have seen this move back to its own weekend a couple years ago. So much to love and appreciate about this game. I have said it before but John Feinstein's book "A Civil War" is a must read about this series.

Go Navy!!!

Just about a perfect football game.  Running the damn ball and controlling the clock.  What the game was meant to be.

And the fact that Navy won makes it that much sweeter.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Just about a perfect football game.  Running the damn ball and controlling the clock.  What the game was meant to be.

And the fact that Navy won makes it that much sweeter.

Great game.......seeing 54 after the game saying he had no idea the snap was coming to him on the fake punt......great stuff. 

• Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 3:54 PM, temptation said:

“Fire Harbaugh.”

”Harbaugh can’t win big games.”

”It’s not in Jim Harbaugh’s DNA to ever beat Ohio State.”

7F44E2AE-403E-4A75-939B-1728790A5237.jpeg

Once again, let's talk about body of work. Up until this year, Harbaugh had never beaten Ohio State or made the playoffs. Somehow that equates to him being a poor football coach. Earlier this year sometime, I put together a topic discussing the who the top football program in the country were over the last five years. Surprisingly, and quietly, Michigan graced a ranking of 6, 7, or 8 I believe. Anyway, they were in the Top 10, which is pretty damn good. It just goes to show you that the only thing fans seem to measure Michigan by is their ability to beat Ohio State and make the playoffs. That's a pretty high standard. Those affiliated with Michigan should be flattered. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Irishman said:

While the Alabama Cincinnati score was predictable, I did not see this coming in the UM Georgia game. 

I’m the opposite. I was more surprised with the score of the Bama/Cincy game. 

24 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

And once again the non-SEC teams, aka Cincinnati and Michigan, seem to be almost a step slower across the board when it comes to the skill positions.

Agreed 100%. Add LBs too. Unless you are counting them as skill positions 

3 hours ago, Irishman said:

While the Alabama Cincinnati score was predictable, I did not see this coming in the UM Georgia game. 

Why? Georgia is the best team in lfootball.  Heads and shoulders above any big Ten team. And the championship game will bare this out. 

2 hours ago, DE said:

I’m the opposite. I was more surprised with the score of the Bama/Cincy game. 

I didn’t give Cincinnati a chance