Jump to content
The Gridiron Digest

College Football 2021


Irishman
 Share

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, Irishman said:

That is true, but he is a fish out of water. 

Not disagreeing but the caliber of athlete you can recruit in Baton Rouge versus Notre Dame is night and day.

You saw it in both semifinals tonight..Cincy and UM have a handful of dudes, UGA and Bama have dozens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, temptation said:

Not disagreeing but the caliber of athlete you can recruit in Baton Rouge versus Notre Dame is night and day.

You saw it in both semifinals tonight..Cincy and UM have a handful of dudes, UGA and Bama have dozens.

No question about that….and to drive that home, the RB for Alabama knew going in he was the 3rd best back when he got there, and chose to wait his turn. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Irishman said:

No question about that….and to drive that home, the RB for Alabama knew going in he was the 3rd best back when he got there, and chose to wait his turn. 

I just took a look at the 2021 Roster Talent Composite

There are 110 Five Star Recruits in the Top 20 schools in the composite

Alabama has 14 and Georgia has 19.  That's two schools combined with 35 out of 110 5 star players.  

Ohio State has 16 and Clemson 10.  Thats 61 out of 110.  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well it looks like The Ohio State University is making a case to leave the Big 10 and join the Pac 12.  All offense and no defense from both the Buckeyes and Utes.

And this is supposed to be fun football?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Well it looks like The Ohio State University is making a case to leave the Big 10 and join the Pac 12.  All offense and no defense from both the Buckeyes and Utes.

And this is supposed to be fun football?

 

It is entertaining to some, but I am in your boat. I prefer much more running. Love watching the academies. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Just feel like Georgia is hanging on in this game. Bryce You g is REALLY good. His ability to extend plays and hit targets all over is impressive. The Georgia o line is struggling. I am really enjoying listening to Jimbo Fisher on the deuce with his staff. There are times too many of them are talking, but the insights are great. One screen has the live game, and Jimbo has a clicker for the other screen. Sitting with other coaches like this to watch a game and critique it is a fun thing to do, especially if the beers are cold and close by. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I went to bed at halftime as ultimately I did not care who won, but I was surprised to see the final score.

Great game.  Neat to see UGA finally get over the hump.  Just another reminder to me how it’s a different game in the southeast.  The line of scrimmage battles were intense all night.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I went to bed at halftime as ultimately I did not care who won, but I was surprised to see the final score.

Me too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/31/2021 at 9:13 PM, Irishman said:

While the Alabama Cincinnati score was predictable, I did not see this coming in the UM Georgia game. 

 

On 1/1/2022 at 12:17 AM, southend said:

Why? Georgia is the best team in lfootball.  Heads and shoulders above any big Ten team. And the championship game will bare this out. 

I didn’t give Cincinnati a chance 

My arm is getting sore guys.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, southend said:

 

My arm is getting sore guys.  

People drank the kool-aid on that SEC title game a bit too easily.  Not saying UGA laid down, but Bama knew they NEEDED to win that game to keep their season alive.  UGA WANTED to win it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, temptation said:

Great game.  Neat to see UGA finally get over the hump.  Just another reminder to me how it’s a different game in the southeast.  The line of scrimmage battles were intense all night.

I agree....

I think don't think Bama could overcome losing both of their top receivers.  Between the SEC championship game and last night's first half, they lost 2 receivers that accounted for almost 200 catches and over 2000 yds during the season.  That is a major, major hit to the offense.

But I am happy for the Dawgs.....41 years since their last championship with a freshman named Hershel Walker making his name.  Good grief am I old.....

Note:  I had to edit this post to prevent getting called out for a spelling error  😜

Edited by Bash Riprock
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I agree....

I think don't think Bama could overcome losing both of their top receivers.  Between the SEC championship game and last night's first half, they lost 2 receivers that accounted for almost 200 catches and over 2000 yds during the season.  That is a major, major hit to the offense.

But I am happy for the Dawgs.....41 years since their last championship with a freshman named Hershel Walker making his name.  Good grief am I old.....

Note:  I had to edit this post to prevent getting called out for a spelling error  😜

Separate discussion and unrelated to the injuries last night to the Bama WR core, but whatever happened to football players wearing pads OVER their knees?  Just seems like common sense to me but you see many of the skill position guys with their knees exposed in this era which is head scratching to me.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, temptation said:

Separate discussion and unrelated to the injuries last night to the Bama WR core, but whatever happened to football players wearing pads OVER their knees?  Just seems like common sense to me but you see many of the skill position guys with their knees exposed in this era which is head scratching to me.

And the other new fad.... mouthpieces hanging out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Separate discussion and unrelated to the injuries last night to the Bama WR core, but whatever happened to football players wearing pads OVER their knees?  Just seems like common sense to me but you see many of the skill position guys with their knees exposed in this era which is head scratching to me.

 

2 hours ago, DE said:

And the other new fad.... mouthpieces hanging out.

Both of which we have to deal with at the high school level because they see it in the NCAA - where there has been a conscious decision not to enforce those rules. For the life of me, I don’t know why.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Bobref said:

 

Both of which we have to deal with at the high school level because they see it in the NCAA - where there has been a conscious decision not to enforce those rules. For the life of me, I don’t know why.

Yes sir!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...