Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

College Football 2021

Irishman

22 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

So, how many games has Cincinnati lost?

It’s not just that. It’s the fact that they haven’t yet put a whole game together, quarterback position unsettled, close escapes against mediocre teams. They’re just not a playoff team, even if they somehow go 11-1.

20 hours ago, Bobref said:

It’s not just that. It’s the fact that they haven’t yet put a whole game together, quarterback position unsettled, close escapes against mediocre teams. They’re just not a playoff team, even if they somehow go 11-1.

I'm not defending Notre Dame, Bob, I'm pointing out that Cincinnati is good, really good.  I'm not sure there's enough really good teams to keep Notre Dame out of the final 12 however, but I have no illusion that the Irish are Championship quality this year.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2021 at 6:29 AM, temptation said:

Glad we can finally stop pretending Coastal Carolina is a top 25 team.

Agreed. Though it would be nice to see South Carolina or Clemson put them on the schedule. Speaking of App State, I had a brief stop in Boone, NC, a few years ago on my way to a mountain bike ride on the Virgina / North Carolina / Tennessee border up in the mountains. Very nice college town completely immerged in the Blue Ridge Mountains. The bar I stopped at had a very nice memorabilia wall dedicated to their win at the Big House. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Boilernation said:

Agreed. Though it would be nice to see South Carolina or Clemson put them on the schedule. Speaking of App State, I had a brief stop in Boone, NC, a few years ago on my way to a mountain bike ride on the Virgina / North Carolina / Tennessee border up in the mountains. Very nice college town completely immerged in the Blue Ridge Mountains. The bar I stopped at had a very nice memorabilia wall dedicated to their win at the Big House. 

Looks like a beautiful place.....I see the pic of their baseball stadium often on social media..........included a football stadium pic as well.  Impressive views.....

image.png.16d159ab2be7d2dd98cb47a2090436b1.png

image.png.bd3fe913ca7e0fe366e9de3685d90bd7.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 10/25/2021 at 9:01 AM, Bash Riprock said:

Looks like a beautiful place.....I see the pic of their baseball stadium often on social media..........included a football stadium pic as well.  Impressive views.....

image.png.16d159ab2be7d2dd98cb47a2090436b1.png

image.png.bd3fe913ca7e0fe366e9de3685d90bd7.png

On my internship, I met an ASU student.  Man, could she put them away!!!  Pretty easy on the eyes, too…

I remember something very similar as far as a point spread goes with a crazy ending. Back then.....YEARS ago.... Wisconsin was a 5 point favorite but were ahead by just 3 points. I forget who they were playing....may have even been IU. Wiscy forces a late punt with the kicker standing in the end zone......sure enough, the snap goes over the punter's head....safety; and 5 point win. 

Today....Clemson is a favorite over Florida State by 9.5 points. Clemson is up late by just 4. FSU has one play. 

First playoff rankings Tuesday should be interesting.

Hopefully common sense prevails and Cincinnati isn’t #2 and Oregon is in front of Ohio State but I’m not holding my breath.

The Temp’s Top 10:

1.  Georgia

2.  Alabama

3.  Cincinnati

4.  Oklahoma

5.  Michigan State

6.  Oregon

7.  Ohio State

8.  Notre Dame

9.  Wake Forest

10.  Michigan

WHO you lose to and HOW you lose should matter more than WHEN you lose.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, temptation said:

Hopefully common sense prevails and Cincinnati isn’t #2 and Oregon is in front of Ohio State but I’m not holding my breath.

The Temp’s Top 10:

1.  Georgia

2.  Alabama

3.  Cincinnati

4.  Oklahoma

5.  Michigan State

6.  Oregon

7.  Ohio State

8.  Notre Dame

9.  Wake Forest

10.  Michigan

1. Georgia 

2. Cincinnati 

3. Alabama 

4. Oklahoma 

5. Michigan St

6. Ohio St

7. Oregon

8. Notre Dame

I personally still do not want to see ND in the playoff, but the way things are trending it looks like they may be in the conversation (final spot or next 2 in) after the smoke clears. That is if they win out 

As a notre dame fan I loved seeing Sparty win over big blue

Scratching my head about Oklahoma....an avg. defense at best.

Will get fun for them after their upcoming bye week.  Baylor at Waco, Iowa State at home, and then OK State in Stillwater.  Saw what OK State did to Kansas yesterday....that is what the Sooners should have done.  I don't think OU runs the table.....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

1. Georgia 

2. Cincinnati 

3. Alabama 

4. Oklahoma 

5. Michigan St

6. Ohio St

7. Oregon

8. Notre Dame

I personally still do not want to see ND in the playoff, but the way things are trending it looks like they may be in the conversation (final spot or next 2 in) after the smoke clears. That is if they win out 

Big Blue = Kentucky

I have no clue how so many people get that wrong.

Edited by temptation

11 hours ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

1. Georgia 

2. Cincinnati 

3. Alabama 

4. Oklahoma 

5. Michigan St

6. Ohio St

7. Oregon

8. Notre Dame

As another Notre Dame fan, I agree with you.  I would like to see the Irish get a nice Bowl Game somewhere warm and get some extra practice and get ready for the spring.  I don't want to see them fed to them fed to the wolves.  And I love seeing Harbaugh clutching his throat.

20 hours ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

I meant to type brother actually. Kept hearing msu referred to as Michigan little brother last week 

I heard the same.....

Have you seen the Michigan & MSU football Pure Michigan ads?  Clearly done by MSU grads.....

Edited by Bash Riprock
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I heard the same.....

Have you seen the Michigan & MSU football Pure Michigan ads?  Clearly done by MSU grads.....

The ones with the Tigers and Lions are HILARIOUS

But Walmart Wolverine is really funny too. 

• Like 2

On 10/30/2021 at 11:45 PM, temptation said:

The Temp’s Top 10:

1.  Georgia

2.  Alabama

3.  Cincinnati

4.  Oklahoma

5.  Michigan State

6.  Oregon

7.  Ohio State

8.  Notre Dame

9.  Wake Forest

10.  Michigan

Agreed on your last comment. I honestly think in a rematch Ohio State would beat Oregon now that Kerry Coombs has lost defensive play calling duties. He was awful in that Oregon game. Still, Oregon won, and should remain ahead of Ohio State in the rankings. 

I'm honestly surprised you have Wake Forest at 9. I haven't seen them play. Figured they're benefitting from a weak ACC. Are they really Top 10 material? I would go:

1. Georgia

2. Michigan State

3. Cincinnati .

4. Alabama (I would still pick them to beat anyone on a neutral field, but feel they should be punished in the rankings for losing to A&M and barely escaping Florida)

5. Oklahoma (lucky to beat Texas and struggled against Kansas. Have a feeling they have at least 1 or 2 losses coming)

6. Oregon

7. Ohio State

8. Notre Dame

9. Michigan

10. Oklahoma State

2 hours ago, Boilernation said:

Agreed on your last comment. I honestly think in a rematch Ohio State would beat Oregon now that Kerry Coombs has lost defensive play calling duties. He was awful in that Oregon game. Still, Oregon won, and should remain ahead of Ohio State in the rankings. 

I'm honestly surprised you have Wake Forest at 9. I haven't seen them play. Figured they're benefitting from a weak ACC. Are they really Top 10 material? I would go:

1. Georgia

2. Michigan State

3. Cincinnati .

4. Alabama (I would still pick them to beat anyone on a neutral field, but feel they should be punished in the rankings for losing to A&M and barely escaping Florida)

5. Oklahoma (lucky to beat Texas and struggled against Kansas. Have a feeling they have at least 1 or 2 losses coming)

6. Oregon

7. Ohio State

8. Notre Dame

9. Michigan

10. Oklahoma State

Eh, I can get on board with this.  Splitting hairs really.  Clemson benefitted from a weak ACC for years so its only fair Wake gets the same opportunity.  Being undefeated in a power 5 conference should earn you recognition.

18 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

As another Notre Dame fan, I agree with you.  I would like to see the Irish get a nice Bowl Game somewhere warm and get some extra practice and get ready for the spring.  I don't want to see them fed to them fed to the wolves.  And I love seeing Harbaugh clutching his throat.

A fan of a team coached by Brian Kelly hating on Jim Harbaugh is rich…

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/sports/chibrknews-notre-dame-fined-77500-for-lift-death-20110315-story.html%3f_amp=true

21 minutes ago, temptation said:

Brian Kelly had the personality of a prickly pear for a long time. The administration — and I don’t mean the athletic administration — sat him down and told him he was representing the University poorly, and that was not going to continue regardless of his won-loss record. He has changed dramatically. You want to bring up the Declan Sullivan tragedy that occurred as a result of multiple factors 11 years ago as proof of something, you’ve merely revealed yourself as just another mindless hater.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Brian Kelly had the personality of a prickly pear for a long time. The administration — and I don’t mean the athletic administration — sat him down and told him he was representing the University poorly, and that was not going to continue regardless of his won-loss record. He has changed dramatically. You want to bring up the Declan Sullivan tragedy that occurred as a result of multiple factors 11 years ago as proof of something, you’ve merely revealed yourself as just another mindless hater.

Don’t insult pears…

Edited by temptation
  • Haha 1