Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

No time like the present to start talking about the season getting started.

Here is the Week #1 Schedule

There are two HNAC games to open the season while everyone else is playing non-conference opposition:

So, Who Ya Got?

Friday Aug. 20

LaVille at Bremen

Lewis Cass at Pioneer

NJSP at Culver Community

South Central (UM) at Triton

West Central at Caston

Winamac at Knox* (HNAC)

As always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

23 minutes ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

There are two HNAC games to open the season while everyone else is playing non-conference opposition:

So, Who Ya Got?

Friday Aug. 20

LaVille at Bremen

Lewis Cass at Pioneer

NJSP at Culver Community

West Central at Caston

Winamac at Knox* (HNAC)

from_the_sidelines007

Isn’t Judson @ CC a HNAC game too?

6 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

So, Who Ya Got?

Friday Aug. 20

LaVille at Bremen

Lewis Cass at Pioneer

NJSP at Culver Community

West Central at Caston

Winamac at Knox* (HNAC)

from_the_sidelines007

Laville over Bremen - should be a good game. Laville has some good young athletes who are starting to come of age so will give them the edge

Lewis Cass over Pioneer - Will likely take a game or two for Panthers to adjust to loss of Lewellens and linebacker (forgot name).  Don’t know much about Cass though, so could be off here?

NJSP over Culver - I expect this to be a physical game.  NJSP has won the last 4 over Culver, all in pretty close games.  NJSPs speed gives them a slight edge here, but hope I am wrong

Triton over South Central - Satellites lost a lot and Triton returns a solid nucleus of talent.  Like Trojans pretty comfortably here

Caston over West Central - Comets have some strong athletes and their numbers are improving

Winamac over Knox - Winamac didn’t lose a lot on either side of the ball.  Their defense is strong and gives them an edge here

Friday Aug. 20

LaVille at Bremen - If LaVille can play mistake free and  don’t give up big plays in the air, they should win at Bremen.  Never easy to do.  Lancers in low scoring game.

Lewis Cass at Pioneer - Is it a case of Pioneer re-loading or re-building   We shall see in the opener.  I’ll go with Kings by a cpl scores.

NJSP at Culver Community -  This is going to be a long opener for the Cavs.  Jays put this away early.

South Central (UM) at Triton - Triton returning some key players and it shows in the opener.  The Trojans start the season on a high note with a big V.

West Central at Caston - Comets start 1-0 in a close one.

Winamac at Knox* (HNAC) - The AD’s of both schools need to get this game moved to at least week 2!!  I think this is the Warriors year to break through and win conference.  So Warriors get a big one in week one!

Welcome to 2021 HNAC FOOTBALL!!

Week 1 Predictions:

LaVille over Bremen : This one will be a hard fought battle.  Whoever wins the trench war determines this!  28-14

Pioneer over Lewis Cass : how can you sway your pick until the Panthers are beat in regular season plus that QB is something special in Royal Center   30-8

NJSP over Culver : This will be closer than expected by many  20 - 16

Triton BIG : heard SC struggled many time in scrimmage against the Falcons     35-6

Caston slips by : not much to dwell on here other than Caston starts 1-0  12-8

Winamac over Knox: Coach Hendricks will continue the on going struggle for the Redskins  27-7

Stay healthy and lets play ball!!

LaVille at Bremen- LaVille- curious to see how LaVille is without several of their mainstays from the last few years at the skill positions.

Lewis Cass at Pioneer- Pioneer- Lewis Cass will be improved over last year in a game that will help the Panthers find their identity before the take on Winamac next week.

NJSP at Culver Community- Judson- Blue Jays have a lot to replace, but a steady dose of tailback Allen should put them on top.

West Central at Caston- Caston- Comets improve this year as they go into year 2 under the new regime.

Winamac at Knox- Winamac- In a week one game that could have major implications in who is the conference champ, I see the Warriors coming out on top. Winamac is the preseason favorite to win conference and will be well coached and prepared for every game. It looked like the redskins quit on Coach Radtke  in his first year at the helm, and if they still haven't bought in to his coaching this could be a long night for Knox.

LaVille over Bremen-  lancers got the beef on the line and that never goes out of style.  

NJSP over Cavs- Jays will come out and show an explosive offense and solid defense.  Get used to hearing Harper, Frasure and Allen’s names as they cross the goal line.

Triton over scum- I like the way the boys from bourbon show up every week win or lose.  

Caston over WC-  Caston keeps moving forward smith has about 20 tackles before the nights end.  

Winamac over Knox- not much will be gleamed from this game.  Knox is bad.  Winamac should be good.  

LaVille at Bremen - be interested to see if Laville changes their offense for the fourth year in a row. I'll give the Lancers the edge here. 

Indy Scecina at Pioneer - Pioneer takes the W in the pit.

NJSP at Culver Community - Jays win in a marginal game. 

South Central (UM) at Triton - Triton over SCUM. 

West Central at Caston - Comets start off 1-0. 

Winamac at Knox - A much closer game than most expect but will give the edge to Winamac as the pull away late. 

I am a Bremen homer, and I don't apologize for that. I think the Lions pull it out against LaVIlle.  Bremen is strong on the defensive line with Brody Echenbarger. The Lions return 2 players on defense who didn't play last year because of grade issues and I expect those 2 to help solidify the defense.  The Lions will go running back by committee. The receiving corp is young but has a few athletes. Bremen has a good sized experience line with a 3 year starter at quarterback. I expect them to try and control the tempo and run the ball but Nunemaker is a decent QB that can make a play or two to pick up first downs.  It's gonna be a fun game and will be competitive through the 4th quarter.

I'll give one game on this thread a try:

LaVille @ Bremen  --  Going total homer pick here with the Lions.  Most are predicting a Lancer victory on this thread and on the NIC thread.  The most popular reason stated seems to center around the big and physical line of the Lancers.  I like Bremen's firepower in the trenches.  They have 3 experienced all-conference performers who are seniors along their offensive and defensive front.  I have no doubt LaVille's line is formidable and can hold their own, but over the course of the entire game, I will give the edge to the Lions.  Bremen has holes to fill in other postion groups and they cannot be careless with the ball and turn it over.  I believe the Bremen seniors will be the difference in a close and spirited contest with a score of 21-16.

2 hours ago, littledog said:

Sounds like Winamac is the team to beat this year from summer talk. Does anyone get within a touchdown against them?

Yes, a lot of well coached teams.  Someone will find a weakness and try and expose it.  I think the HNAC is set up to have a great and competitive  season.