Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Center Grove @ Warren Central

What's good GID. I'm finally back after a year long hiatus and I'm ready for some high school football. The defending Class 6A champions Center Grove Trojans travel to Warren Central to take on the Warriors. Center Grove ran the tables en route to its 3rd state title in the last two decades. Warren Central struggled to its first losing season in eight years with a 4-6 finish. The Warriors return much of their team from last year and the Trojans have heavily favored to do something that hasn't been done since 2006. Repeat as state champions. This is a great match up and I would like your opinions on who you all think will win. My prediction: the Warriors pull a 2016 and upset the defending champs in a close game 27-24.

Rise up Warriors!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Drinking this early in the AM is not recommended.

I’ll probably lay down a prediction on this one later on this week but I can tell you one thing...

NO WAY Warren (or maybe anybody else for that matter) gets 27 on CG’s D.

Hopefully you have a pick six, scoop and score and/or a special teams TD mixed in there.

Edited by temptation

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Drinking this early in the AM is not recommended.

I’ll probably lay down a prediction on this one later on this week but I can tell you one thing...

NO WAY Warren (or maybe anybody else for that matter) gets 27 on CG’s D.

Hopefully you have a pick six, scoop and score and/or a special teams TD mixed in there.

Agreed... No way Center Grove is giving up 27 to Warren.

• Like 1

I don’t know? Warrior may have an inside!  The coach may have a surprise or two for the state champs. 
Hard to believe IU could beat Wisconsin penn state and Michigan in the same year. Or the Jets beating Colts in SB III. People have short memories, about the history of Warren central . 

24 minutes ago, southend said:

I don’t know? Warrior may have an inside!  The coach may have a surprise or two for the state champs. 
Hard to believe IU could beat Wisconsin penn state and Michigan in the same year. Or the Jets beating Colts in SB III. People have short memories, about the history of Warren central . 

Check out this poster’s history...

He/she has not predicted Warren to lose a game since the beginning of time.

3 hours ago, temptation said:

Check out this poster’s history...

He/she has not predicted Warren to lose a game since the beginning of time.

But it is Warren Central, they always seem to have athletes to compete with anyone. No chance at all in this game?

23 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Center Grove is 4-6 vs Warren in the last 10 years. 1-4 in the last 5.

False.  Convenient how you left out the playoff matchups.  Do those not count?

Also, different coaching staff in place at one place and different kids at both schools based on the time frame you chose to use.

You’re not very good at this.

Edited by temptation

16 minutes ago, temptation said:

Convenient how you left out the playoff matchups.  Do those not count?

No, tomptation, they don't, because the playoff setup gives an unfair advantage to the mega schools like Warren. I've been reading about that all week.

20 minutes ago, temptation said:

Also, different coaching staff in place at one place and different kids at both schools based on the time frame you chose to use.

The real question is... Did Warren Central have more wins or points against CG last year? 😂 

27 minutes ago, temptation said:

You know complete facts don't matter to some folks.

12 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

No, tomptation, they don't, because the playoff setup gives an unfair advantage to the mega schools like Warren. I've been reading about that all week.

Way to deflect.  I told you upon my return that I was going to make you my first victim and I’m well on my way.

Few things worse in both collegiate and high school sports than folks who attempt to paint a narrative using stats involving players that were in elementary school when the chosen time period began and have now graduated college and possibly are married with a family.  It makes no sense.

Its even worse when you get those stats wrong.  (CG and Warren are knotted at 8-8 in the time period you attempted to reference.)

What’s next?  Citing Warren’s record against teams wearing red?

30 minutes ago, BTF said:

How's Carmel and Ben Davis looking this year?

I mean, I think both will be formidable and I’ll never say never.  It’ll be a typical year in the MIC with the top 4.  

I think CG is on another level.  Carmel, Warren and BD in tier 2 and everyone else (led by North Central) fighting for scraps.

• Like 1