Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WRC Week 1

It's Week 1 in the WRC!! Parke Heritage is probably the favorite with South Vermillion a close second. Seeger is looking to continue to improve after their upset win over SV in the sectional opener last year. Seeger could be a surprise team.

Week 1 games:

Friday, Aug. 20
Attica at Riverton Parke ©, 7 pm
Fountain Central at Southmont, 7 pm
North Vermillion at North Central, 7 pm
Seeger at Parke Heritage ©, 7 pm
South Vermillion at Covington ©, 7 pm

Let's discuss some WRC football!!

We need to bump this thread to the first page. Where is everyone else at? I saw on another post that oldbleacherbum or whatever his name is wanted to get out of the Gridiron. Must not like what he sees in old Wolfs country. Ok, back to the games...

ATTICA at RIVERTON PARKE - The Ramblers just keep on rambling! Heard they actually have pretty decent numbers this year. But do they have the athletes to compete in the WRC? The Panthers seem to be a bit of an enigma. Fooball has struggled, their Basketball team was competitive last winter and Baseball went to regionals. Where are those kids during football season? I've heard some of them may finally have come out for football. If that's the case, I'll take the Panthers athletes over the Ramblers athletes. RP 35-28

FOUNTAIN CENTRAL at SOUTHMONT - I don't know much about either team, except that the Mustangs have struggled recently and the Mounties are a bigger school and have field turf. I'll take the team with more kids and better facilities. Southmont wins 28-14.

NORTH VERMILLION at NORTH CENTRAL - Two teams that have had a pretty rough go of things recently after several great seasons. I don't look for the Falcons to stay down for too long. The Thunderbirds could be in for another long season. NV 35-14. 

SEEGER at PARKE HERITAGE - The WRC Championship part 1! Seriously, who schedules these games? The winner of this game has an inside track to the conference championship after week 1. The Patriots can run the ball and play good defense, which has been a recipe for disaster for the Wolfs. The Wolfs, I understand, have done a bit of team improvement over the summer and added some firepower to an already potent offense. But the question still remains... can they play defense and stop the run when it counts? This one is closer than folks in Rockville will want it to be. PH 42-35.

SOUTH VERMILLION at COVINGTON - This one was over before halftime last year. This year may not be much different. The Wildcats have a few spots to fill, but return their Division 1 QB and a few pretty good RB/WR's. Who is even coaching the Trojans? Did they ever annouce that? I have a lot more questions, but I don't think they matter too much in this one. Could be the only blowout game in the WRC this week. SV 42-7

Disagree with the above post.  This is the week of the blowout in WRC football.

RP rolls over Attica

Southmont drills FC

NV takes last season’s frustrations out on NC

Wolfs dismantle Herbie and the Pats (Wolfs won’t play a close game in the WRC all season)

SV and the lone D1 will truck CT 

North Vermillion should be improved. Played a lot of young guys last year. Sounds like they performed pretty well in their scrimmage last week against my Vikings. QB ran for a few TDs in their segment inside the 10. 

RP should win over Attica.

FC has been down for the last couple seasons since Hall took over. I see that trend continuing. 

PH should beat Seeger but I don't think it'll be a blowout. PH wins 42-28.

SV dominates Covington and wins by 4-5 scores.

Ill chime in with some thoughts........

Riverton Parke hasn't beat Attica in 14 years.....Ramblers in a close one

Stangs are improving, but the Mounties are better......Southmont by 3 TDs

Falcons were grounded last season, TBirds better days are behind them.....NV by 2 TDs

The Cats will have no trouble with the Men or Troy........SV rolls by 4-5 TDs

Wolfs will run laps around Herb and the Love Bugs.......Fighting Brian Moore's 70  Peaches and Herb 8

21 hours ago, Bear54 said:

Man, kinda dead in here... @Tanka Jahari where you at?

Sir be careful what you ask for. I have a pic-a-nic basket full of sulphur sammies to hand out to my WRC friends.

Starting with the Panthers and Ramblers, this is an intriguing matchup. If I were Attica, I would heed this advice for a victory. When the Panthers gather in the tool shed that they run out of at the beginning of games, I would lock them inside and set it on fire. Otherwise I see the Panthers picking up the win. Will Attica stop in Mecca on the way to the game to round up some of the stray dogs to boost their program numbers?

Mustangs get mounted by the Mounties for a Southmont win and cheap thrills. I do expect an improved FC squad this year. I can see 3-4 wins for them in the conference this year.

North Central and North Vermillion is a bit of a head scratcha. Sullivan county hasn't seen a battle of the birds this epic since the last round of cock fights in Hymera. I am going to pick the Falcons because they play in the SEC of Indiana high school football.

Wolfs and Patriots. Epic showdown. 2 of the 3 WRC hall of fame coaches battling in week 1. I seldom if ever pick against a team led by Prince Herb, but I NEVER pick against King Brian the Lion Moore. Also I have heard some complaints, but I say kudos to Rockville for going out and finding the pieces they needed to win a state championship. Mark my words, anything less than a state championship in 2021 will be a disappointing end for the King Moore era.

Speaking of hall of fame coaches, Greg Barrett leads the Tigers to a win over the Trojans with his potent offense. The Cat's air assault will give the opposition problems all year, and geez Louise can that man sport a visor. 

Long time watcher of the WRC threads and first time posting.

Attica @ RP - I'll take the Panthers against the Ramblers.. From the talks around parke county RP is only going to get better and better these next few years. RP by 2 scores 

FC @ Southmont - Don't know much about either team honestly. I do know that FC has been down the past few years but Southmont has been too. I'll take the bigger school but just barely. Southmont 28 FC 20

NV @ NC - Both teams have been down lately but I'll take NV in this one. NV had to played a ton of young guys last year and I think that will pay off this year. NV 28 NC 6

Seeger @ PH - The WRC is the Wolves to lose this year. Not sure if anyone can compete with them. Wolves by as much as Moore wants

SV @ Cov. - I'm interested to see how both of these teams compete. Covington with Brown leading the charge once again and SV lost a couple of their stars from last year. I'll take a Division 1 qb almost every Friday in the WRC. SV wins this one 42-12

I’ll pick 

Attica

South monts. 
North Vermilions 

Woofs

South Vermilions

Ramblers still pissed about things said last and they’ll say it right to your face.

I probably know more about mounting stuff then anybody I know so it hard to pick against dudes that like to mount things. 
I still wanna eat pizza with Crabtrees so I’ll pick NV 

This is the Woofs year (again) and the heat is on The Legend of Sterling.

Another night of torn Trojans. 

Drink plenty of liquids and beers everyone. It’s gonna be hotter than my mom Phyllis’s thighs slidin down the poe at Zanadus. I gotta go