Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NIC WEEK 1

Welcome to week 1! Hopefully teams had a productive evening last night and finished healthy. Let the banter begin!!!....

Boone Grove V Glenn

Concord V Elkhart

Central? V Washington

Jimtown V Northwood

Lakeland V St. Joe

Laville V Bremen

Mishwaka V Marian

New Prairie V Laporte

Northridge V Adams

Osceola Grace? V Clay

Penn V Valpo

Riley V Michigan City

Boone Grove V Glenn - The Falcons shutout BG in this one. Glenn only allowed 40 yards of total offense to them last year and are returning 9 of 11 defensive starters. Falcons keep them under 3 first downs this year. Look for Creed and Howe to have a big impact on offense. Falcons by 40

Concord Elkhart - Lions have to replace 18? Starters and a Stud at RB after his summer session injury. Concord puts up a fight but Lions prove to be too much. Lions by 21

Central V Washington- Newly combined school from the region comes to battle on the west side. Can Washington’s ground and pound slow down the clock to keep it close. Central by 14

Jimtown V Northwood - Andrews teams are always well prepared. Besides Johntu Jimtown doesn’t seem to have any other weapons. Panthers stack the box in this one. NW by 21

Lakeland V St. Joe- I’ll go with the NIC here. Don’t know much about Lakeland other the  going 2-8 last year. Hopefully the Indians new positive outlook will clean up their costly penalties from previous years. Indians by 10

Laville V Bremen - Laville appears to have a decent line with a good sized fb. Two young teams battling it out. Losing Dingus proves to be too much for the Lions. Laville spins past Bremen by 14

Mishawaka V Marian- Marian loses a big senior class with many weapons. Who will win the QB spot this year? Caveman kick the rock away from Atkinson in this one “hint” and their run game runs wild. Cavemen by 17. 

New Prairie V Laporte - Another year removed from Radkes reign. The cougars start getting comfortable in their new scheme behind a decent Oline. Cougars by 7

Northridge V Adams - Adams speed and massive Oline proves to be too much for NR. If Jones can keep the run game alive. Adams takes this one by 14. 

Osceola Grace? V Clay  - is there such thing as a Tie? I’d have a better chance of scratching off a lotto ticket. Clay by 1. 

Penn V Valpo - going with the black and gold in this one. If they can control the ball and capitalize on Valpos mistakes. They take this one by 7 but after their Twitter photo shoot. I’ll say plus 14.

Riley V Michigan City - wildcats sporting a two platoon system this year with freshmen/sophomores. With Luuga making a Left on to Ewing Street and into Caveman territory. The wildcats lose any experience on the defensive side. Let’s hope the pittsburg Steelers can keep it close in the 1st quarter. Michigan Cities Ballarina offense by 50.  

Edited by TurfToe

I don’t know how confident I am about New Prairie at this point. They have experience on the line and youth in other spots. Sophomore QB, I think with a few games under his belt will eventually be something special. They return their leading rusher from last year and looks like they’re bringing along a sophomore back as well. The combination of those two I think could be very lethal, the sophomore looks to be a strong and fast kid and the other is very shifty and fast. Defense looks to be a work in progress and I think stopping the run will be their strong suit as usual. With that being said I’ll take the Cougars by 14 over Laporte 

4 hours ago, TurfToe said:

Boone Grove V Glenn - The Falcons shutout BG in this one. Glenn only allowed 40 yards of total offense to them last year and are returning 9 of 11 defensive starters. Falcons keep them under 3 first downs this year. Look for Creed and Howe to have a big impact on offense. Falcons by 40

Concord Elkhart - Lions have to replace 18? Starters and a Stud at RB after his summer session injury. Concord puts up a fight but Lions prove to be too much. Lions by 21

Central V Washington- Newly combined school from the region comes to battle on the west side. Can Washington’s ground and pound slow down the clock to keep it close. Central by 14

Jimtown V Northwood - Andrews teams are always well prepared. Besides Johntu Jimtown doesn’t seem to have any other weapons. Panthers stack the box in this one. NW by 21

Lakeland V St. Joe- I’ll go with the NIC here. Don’t know much about Lakeland other the  going 2-8 last year. Hopefully the Indians new positive outlook will clean up their costly penalties from previous years. Indians by 10

Laville V Bremen - Laville appears to have a decent line with a good sized fb. Two young teams battling it out. Losing Dingus proves to be too much for the Lions. Laville spins past Bremen by 14

Mishawaka V Marian- Marian loses a big senior class with many weapons. Who will win the QB spot this year? Caveman kick the rock away from Atkinson in this one “hint” and their run game runs wild. Cavemen by 17. 

New Prairie V Laporte - Another year removed from Radkes reign. The cougars start getting comfortable in their new scheme behind a decent Oline. Cougars by 7

Northridge V Adams - Adams speed and massive Oline proves to be too much for NR. If Jones can keep the run game alive. Adams takes this one by 14. 

Osceola Grace? V Clay  - is there such thing as a Tie? I’d have a better chance of scratching off a lotto ticket. Clay by 1. 

Penn V Valpo - going with the black and gold in this one. If they can control the ball and capitalize on Valpos mistakes. They take this one by 7 but after their Twitter photo shoot. I’ll say plus 14.

Riley V Michigan City - wildcats sporting a two platoon system this year with freshmen/sophomores. With Luuga making a Left on to Ewing Street and into Caveman territory. The wildcats lose any experience on the defensive side. Let’s hope the pittsburg Steelers can keep it close in the 1st quarter. Michigan Cities Ballarina offense by 50.  

I don’t know if I would call Bremen young. This group of seniors have played a lot since they were in 10th grade. Bremen lost 2/3 difference makers, but the foundation is back. LaVille will be a tough game though. 

1 hour ago, MarshallCounty said:

I don’t know if I would call Bremen young. This group of seniors have played a lot since they were in 10th grade. Bremen lost 2/3 difference makers, but the foundation is back. LaVille will be a tough game though. 

5? Seniors…or is their roster not updated on Maxpreps. Don’t see any of the guys from last year on it. 

12 hours ago, Football Guru 25 said:

How does everyone that witnessed GLENN, BREMEN,  JIMTOWN and NEW PRAIRE feel about how scrimmages went?   Yes former NSC Teams LOL

I attended the scrimmage at Jimtown with Bremen, Fairfield & Goshen

The Reed kid did not dress for the scrimmage for the Jimmes, but was on the sidelines and seemed to be walking fine.  A couple of people commented that it looked like his hamstring was taped, but he sure didn't look hobbled at all.  I would guess more cautionary then anything.  They are physical and play hard.  The quarterback looked good and was dual threat.  Goshen and Fairfield both had some success running the ball against the Jimtown defense.  Fairfield was more so because of the scheme they run as I doubt most teams spent alot of time in camp defending it.  Fairfield had success early running the ball against Bremen also, until the Lions got use to playing against it.

I was pleasantly suprised with the running back by committe the Lions ran out there to replace the Dingus kid from last season.  As long as they value the ball and do not put it on the ground, they should be able to run the ball and control the clock behind the line they have.  They have some dominant senior lineman on both sides of the ball that are 3 and 4 year varsity players.  They have some depth at the position as well.  Their two starting defensive ends are special, the middle is strong as well with some big boys at tackle, the middle linebacker returns and a good strong safety.  There are some holes to fill at receiver and in the defensive backfield.  Hopefully some kids will step up and I saw signs of that Friday.

On 8/14/2021 at 11:50 AM, TurfToe said:

Welcome to week 1! Hopefully teams had a productive evening last night and finished healthy. Let the banter begin!!!....

Boone Grove V Glenn

Concord V Elkhart

Central? V Washington

Jimtown V Northwood

Lakeland V St. Joe

Laville V Bremen

Mishwaka V Marian

New Prairie V Laporte

Northridge V Adams

Osceola Grace? V Clay

Penn V Valpo

Riley V Michigan City

Here is my weak attempt at making a few bad gueses.

Glenn-solid team

Elkhart- Lost a lot and dealing with early injuries. Total guess

I have know idea on Washington.

Jimtown-just because

St. Joe- I see them being better this year.

Bremen-This will be tight all the way through.

Mishwaka-Marian lost a bunch

New Prairie- I think NP wins, but may take a step back this year

Adams- Northridge is breaking in a new coach.

Clay-Maybe

Valpo- Penn has to prove to me that they are back.

MC- Better program.

Well…..Hopefully everyone finished up last night healthy. Seemed like there were a few tight games and a couple blow outs. The Penn score was rather shocking. Adams was a big disappointment and wasn’t expecting  Washington to get the W.

Glenn looked impressive.  The Howe kid is a special teams nightmare. Had one called back and was 3 turf monsters from breaking others. They had 4 different players score in the game including Howe, Creed, Jolly and Patrick. 1st play of the game was a 50 yard TD pass from Creed to Jolly. Defensively Boone Groves offense had no answers. Nearly every play was a TFL. 
anyone else attend Bremen/Laville…Jimtown?? 

Laville had a 90 yard kickoff to start the season. Then went 80+ yards on 3 plays on next drive. Bremen special teams were horrendous, played good defense, offense shot itself in the foot with 3 turnovers including 2 fumbles in the 4th. LaVille has some dogs and players. Bremen has to clean up things. Had 2 starters out with Covid tracing, so when they comeback in week 3 hopefully that helps the depth.