Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

FW Bishop Dwenger football stadium conversion has commenced

5 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Will they have visitor side seating? My memory could be off, but I don't remember how much space they have on that side of the field as it butts up against Clinton Street.

Yes, but substantially less than the home side.

• Like 1

I hope they didn't use Luers as a model. If they did, I hope they added 1500 seats or better. I would be concerned with hosting big games against Luers, Snider, Homestead, and Carroll. Do Luers, and maybe Dwenger, leave a lot of money on the table due to lack of seating? I skip the Snider/Luers game whenever it is away. Their visitor side holds maybe 500 people.

7 hours ago, BTF said:

I hope they didn't use Luers as a model. If they did, I hope they added 1500 seats or better. I would be concerned with hosting big games against Luers, Snider, Homestead, and Carroll. Do Luers, and maybe Dwenger, leave a lot of money on the table due to lack of seating? I skip the Snider/Luers game whenever it is away. Their visitor side holds maybe 500 people.

I've seen disimination of probable vistor seating in the permanent bleaches of 730, and tempoary portable bleaches in and out as needed.

23 hours ago, BTF said:

Luersfield was built  by Luers people without tax money to which Luers parents contribute. I guess it is easy to cheap shot someone's stadium when you don't have one of your own. I'm sure a lot of Luers people would like to have a Texas high school like stadium but are proud we have played our home games at our own dump since 1980 than play in someone else's stadium.

2 hours ago, jakone said:

Luersfield was built  by Luers people without tax money to which Luers parents contribute. I guess it is easy to cheap shot someone's stadium when you don't have one of your own. I'm sure a lot of Luers people would like to have a Texas high school like stadium but are proud we have played our home games at our own dump since 1980 than play in someone else's stadium.

Certainly not a dump. Certainly not a cheap shot. It's just small. I think Luers has a beautiful campus and it's great they play their games there. I just think they leave some money on the table when hosting some of the teams that bring a big following. Good luck to the Knights this year!

Back to Dwenger. Both teams could very well be 8-0 this year when they meet. That means 5000-10000 depending on the weather. Luckily the game is being played at Spuller. But I can't help but wonder what it's going to look like the first time Dwenger hosts Snider when both teams are undefeated. Maybe it will all work out. Anyway, congrats to Dwenger on their new field.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BTF said:

Certainly not a dump. Certainly not a cheap shot. It's just small. I think Luers has a beautiful campus and it's great they play their games there. I just think they leave some money on the table when hosting some of the teams that bring a big following. Good luck to the Knights this year!

Back to Dwenger. Both teams could very well be 8-0 this year when they meet. That means 5000-10000 depending on the weather. Luckily the game is being played at Spuller. But I can't help but wonder what it's going to look like the first time Dwenger hosts Snider when both teams are undefeated. Maybe it will all work out. Anyway, congrats to Dwenger on their new field.

I have to agree with ya. I skip the Luers and South Side games each year when they are there. I love being up high and elbow room. 

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 10:24 PM, jakone said:

Good stay away.

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 10:04 PM, Mebuck said:

I believe I will. Thanks.

I don't think you two are representing the values of your denomination. Hope the archdiocese in SB doesn't see this or you two will be in confession booths pronto.

• Haha 2

On 3/29/2019 at 10:24 PM, jakone said:

Good stay away.

I want to say sorry. I did enjoy the home side last fall when BD used it. Great field just wish visitors side was higher up. I didn't mean the way it sounded. Good luck this year. Hurry up August.  

51 minutes ago, Mebuck said:

I want to say sorry. I did enjoy the home side last fall when BD used it. Great field just wish visitors side was higher up. I didn't mean the way it sounded. Good luck this year. Hurry up August.  

Word must have spread fast 😂

• Haha 1

On 4/1/2019 at 3:38 PM, Basementbias said:

I don't think you two are representing the values of your denomination. Hope the archdiocese in SB doesn't see this or you two will be in confession booths pronto.

Have you read the history of that denomination?  Wait, I was born and raised....what am I saying?

• Haha 1