CIC Week 1

Blackford at Jay County, 7 pm
Eastern Hancock at Alexandria, 7 pm
Huntington North at Eastbrook, 7:30 pm
Madison-Grant at Tri-Central, 7 pm
Mississinewa at Pendleton Heights, 7:30 pm
Oak Hill at Eastern, 7 pm
Tipton at Frankton, 7 pm

Let's hear some Chatter as we get ready to kick off the 2021 football season!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Most of these matchups look like good games.  I do not have much knowledge on a lot of these teams to say much.

It will be a big night at Frankton.... first game at the new Otis Cress Field.  New Coach and staff.  Introducing past player and coaches.

The team looked decent at Yorktown last week. They held YT to one score.  Defense showed some grit and flew to the ball. (Finally)

Offense looked like the push mower you pull out of the barn in the spring...  sputted and struggled to get going ,but by the end was running pretty good.

We all  just want to see some improvement over the past 3 years. Show some Eagle Pride.

Blackford at Jay County, 7 pm
Eastern Hancock at Alexandria, 7 pm
Huntington North at Eastbrook, 7:30 pm
Madison-Grant at Tri-Central, 7 pm
Mississinewa at Pendleton Heights, 7:30 pm
Oak Hill at Eastern, 7 pm
Tipton at Frankton, 7 pm

6 hours ago, Giantbeareagle80 said:

It will be a big night at Frankton.... first game at the new Otis Cress Field.  New Coach and staff.  Introducing past player and coaches.

I bet the place will be packed. What an atmosphere! I've been to games at that field when my brother played for HH from '69-'72.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Giantbeareagle80 said:

Most of these matchups look like good games.  I do not have much knowledge on a lot of these teams to say much.

The team looked decent at Yorktown last week. They held YT to one score.  Defense showed some grit and flew to the ball. (Finally)

Offense looked like the push mower you pull out of the barn in the spring...  sputted and struggled to get going ,but by the end was running pretty good.

We all  just want to see some improvement over the past 3 years. Show some Eagle Pride.

Is it the same field?  Did they just rename it?

3 minutes ago, BACKSIDEBELLY said:

Is it the same field?  Did they just rename it?

It's behind the high school. The original location years ago. I haven't been by there, but the visitor bleachers used to be extremely close to the street.

Edited by gonzoron

They were putting in a turf field and with the possibility of a new HS in the future.  They decided to put it back at the present HS location.  If they build a new school it would have been where the football field is located by the Elementary.  We are now able to get the visiting team in a locker room. (52 lockers)   It is bigger then the Home locker room was last year.   I never understood why it was not built at the HS. Glad its back home