Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

The price of tickets

31 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Angry X’er

No, just an individual who believes in the "value for value" model.  Even if I lived within a government school district that offered such a program and I was of age to enroll in it I would choose not to.  On principle. 

A couple of points:

1. I believe I saw a sign at our game Friday stating $6 admission. 

2. We got $85 instead of the customary $80 at this school, thank you patrons for doing your part to increase my salary.

3. A good friend of mine took on a non-traditional role at a prominent HS in the state Director of Football Operations. In a conversation with her, I asked her what her biggest surprise has been, and I quote “the amount of money that gets spent on one program.” 

13 hours ago, Muda69 said:

As if these 60+ year old boomers couldn't afford to attend a H.S. game in the first place, now they get another cheap/free deal.  With the cost put on the backs of the younger generations, of course.

Ageism.

You should talk to the Frankfurts people and get a wiener pass. I swear to God you should!

• Haha 8

9 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Barring the travesty that was 2020 I estimate 15-20.

Do you purchase the Sports pass offered by FHS? They are significantly cheaper than the ones offered at HH. Even if you don't purchase the pass, you are spending less than I do for "value for value". 

Tickets should be 8-10 no matter where you live. The slight bump wouldn't affect attendance numbers in my opinion. We need to look at it this way.............high school programs are just as important as college programs. If we are willing to dish out between 40-500 a game on a college ticket, what is the harm in paying 10 for a high school ticket. And the entertainment is just as good. Not to mention you are supporting something in your OWN community. We all have more ties with our own community than we do with the college or pro team that we support. Get on board with high school athletics..............sports in it's purest form. No politics, just sports. 

I would rather our school keep tickets at $5 so young families can attend the game each week.  The more they attend the games, the more they feel part of the HS community, and the more likely it is they decide to make the sacrifice to pay tuition when it comes time to decide between free or not free education.  

Paid $6 per ticket online for the SA vs AC game in September. Think you may be able to get tickets at the gate but not sure (watching webcast instead of attending lately). I had to pay a fee as well for the online when/if sold at gate would be less if those are $6 per as well. Hopefully bought tickets or will have tomorrow for an Ohio game on Friday. They offered pre-sale discounts of $4 for student and $5 for adult. However gate price would be $7 for all. It all works out though when the IN webcasts are free but the Ohio ones charge.