Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Snider 2021

1 minute ago, BTF said:

How did North score at the end of the first half? I missed it. 

I did not see as well live, but reviewed the situation on You Tube, From what I saw; North ran a 4th down play, didn't convert. Snider got ball and was in position to kick FG with 1 sec on clock at end of half.  FG was tipped, and North returned 80-90 yards for TD. Snider D secondary has work to do, LB core too. 

8 hours ago, BTF said:

I saw a game that Snider should have won by two or three touchdowns. Kudos to the panthers for getting it done in the final seconds. 

Snider was running ball well, as Justasportsfan said, the O line looks like a good unit. I agree, they could have scored more, Brown getting stripped at 1 yard line hurt momentum. They look good discipline wise, only saw a few flags on them, not the usual 8-10 flags as in past. D secondary needs work. I want to go back and watch game again, thought a saw numerous occasions on 2nd and/or 3rd and long Snider D was really out of place. Looked like they would rush 3 and drop back, but think I saw a bunch of Snide D kids in middle of field around no one, probably some form of zone. I know it is first game so plenty of time to practice, they are fortunate to get the W, don't see a lot of 40+ FG in high school ball to win game.

I do want to add North looks very talented, good to see that program on right path. the SAC is way better when teams other than the usual 4-5 are playing well.  

Panthers take on that passing game n im sure many remember last year. The secondary last week got a full taste of what teams will attempt to do until someone makes them pay..pass..pass..n pass some more..they were just a step behind..hopefully they garnered confidence in themselves n will let their instincts take over..

18 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

Panthers take on that passing game n im sure many remember last year. The secondary last week got a full taste of what teams will attempt to do until someone makes them pay..pass..pass..n pass some more..they were just a step behind..hopefully they garnered confidence in themselves n will let their instincts take over..

I think we will see Friday how secondary is against Becker and the Chargers. I could see Becker passing for 300+ yards. I really didn't like the zone look Snider was playing against North last week, looked out of place. I will add that North has, from what I recall, a really good WR that is/will be highly ranked nationally as he continues on, I think he is just a sophomore this year. 

8 minutes ago, psaboy said:

I think we will see Friday how secondary is against Becker and the Chargers. I could see Becker passing for 300+ yards. I really didn't like the zone look Snider was playing against North last week, looked out of place. I will add that North has, from what I recall, a really good WR that is/will be highly ranked nationally as he continues on, I think he is just a sophomore this year. 

Best since Austin mack..James hardy type but shorter...(top 40 nationally)...had wheels for days yet cramped up from never leaving the field..once he gets fully conditioned he will be a monster.. I agree that something just seemed outta wack...they have to be able to locate the ball while its in the air..defensively playing the man can come back to bite certain teams. Some of those bombs made good offensive highlights for north..granted those kids are talented..yet so is everyone else..

Big question will be can Snider adjust their D so they are better defending the pass? They have a few weeks until they play Homestead, I'm not discounting Concordia next week, the Cadets can beat Snider the way Snider is playing IMO. 

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Maybe that “we will meet Dwenger in the sectional for the first time” comment was a bit premature, huh?

I don't think so. That sectional is Dwenger's for the taking with Snider not far behind. It's looking like Dwenger might be the best team north of Indy regardless of class. 

Snider has a state champion caliber quarterback, running back, offensive line, defensive line, and linebacker crew. It's their pass defense and lack of offensive playmakers deep down the field that ranks Snider behind Dwenger and Homestead in the SAC right now. If they improve those two areas, they'll be a tough out come sectional time. 

30 minutes ago, BTF said:

I don't think so. That sectional is Dwenger's for the taking with Snider not far behind. It's looking like Dwenger might be the best team north of Indy regardless of class. 

Snider has a state champion caliber quarterback, running back, offensive line, defensive line, and linebacker crew. It's their pass defense and lack of offensive playmakers deep down the field that ranks Snider behind Dwenger and Homestead in the SAC right now. If they improve those two areas, they'll be a tough out come sectional time. 

They rank behind only Dwenger and Homestead?

2 minutes ago, jakone said:

They rank behind only Dwenger and Homestead?

Dwenger looks like the best team in the SAC at this point. Homestead, Luers, Carroll, and Snider are a crapshoot after the Saints. 

1 hour ago, DwengerLifer said:

Way to early to assume that BD is the best. They played two teams with new coaches. NS was missing some of their best players. The game against Homestead will be a better gage since we have laid an egg against them the last couple of years.

Assume? I don't think my assessment of Dwenger is an assumption based on their performances over the past two weeks. Being that we're only two weeks in, I'll back off just a tad. 

Homestead is to Dwenger as Carroll is to Snider. Victorious, but not necessarily better. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, BTF said:

The pass defense..is it the scheme..or the coaching? Y go deep cover 2 with 20yds to go? I still think sparty has it with luers then dwenger..heck south side looked good..yes I know I went Luers #2..imo they earned it n now have no fear...as for as the panthers..this offense can't score 50+ on new pal ala 2015....or can they? They have the weapons and I will disagree with u on the deep threat..they dropped some bombs yet going downfield may be reserved for playoff time.. the speed is there..they don't get open on deep outs without..or unless ur in a deep cover 2! I kid..the offense has to score every time it touches the ball..the other rb is a dynamo n big fella up front creates nice lanes for the minibus. @temptation  he didn't mean it that way!!!!!