Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Snider 2021

32 minutes ago, Prospect said:

I agree with you there. East Noble could forfeit the Dekalb game and play Snider. Would be a great measuring stick for them as a team this year. Plenty of interesting scenarios if you start to think like that 😄

St X would be an amazing game for this Snider team win or lose.

Why would East Noble do that, when Leo is next week?  I understand the "hope", but sometimes these "fantasy matchups" are totally ridiculous.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

Why would East Noble do that, when Leo is next week?  I understand the "hope", but sometimes these "fantasy matchups" are totally ridiculous.  

Why would they play a team that would be one of if not the best team they play all year? Probably because it would make them better and be a great measurement to where they are as a whole. Why did they pick up Penn last year when Leo was the next week? 

East Noble would be a better game than South Side for Snider and Snider would be a better game than Dekalb. Both teams would get better and it would be competitive. This is definitely not a ridiculous fantasy matchup.

• Like 2
  • Kill me now 1

47 minutes ago, Prospect said:

I'm not sure that's a state championship they like to think back on though...They also haven't made it out of sectionals since the 2017 season so not sure if everyone else is just catching up or if there is a decline in talent at Penn as a whole.

They've actually had 2 or 3 state games like that. You can be one of the Top 5 teams in the state and still lose by 3 touchdowns by whoever comes out on top in Indy. I'm just saying it takes a pretty good team to get by Carmel, who beat a very good Snider team, and make it to state. 

I would say there is a decline in "something" at Penn. I'm just not sure what it is. 

• Like 1

Just now, BTF said:

They've actually had 2 or 3 state games like that. You can be one of the Top 5 teams in the state and still lose by 3 touchdowns by whoever comes out on top in Indy. I'm just saying it takes a pretty good team to get by Carmel, who beat a very good Snider team, and make it to state. 

I would say there is a decline in "something" at Penn. I'm just not sure what it is. 

Oh I agree. They also went against one of the best teams ever in Ben Davis.

1 hour ago, Prospect said:

Why would they play a team that would be one of if not the best team they play all year? Probably because it would make them better and be a great measurement to where they are as a whole. Why did they pick up Penn last year when Leo was the next week? 

East Noble would be a better game than South Side for Snider and Snider would be a better game than Dekalb. Both teams would get better and it would be competitive. This is definitely not a ridiculous fantasy matchup.

They wouldn't do something as ridiculous as THROWING away a chance to win the NE8 (forfeit to DeKalb), play Snider and face the chance to get injuries then play Leo (ranked as they are in the top 5 of 4A), and potentially lose any opportunity to win the NE8...  All because YOU think it would benefit Snider?  

SMDH....  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

They wouldn't do something as ridiculous as THROWING away a chance to win the NE8 (forfeit to DeKalb), play Snider and face the chance to get injuries then play Leo (ranked as they are in the top 5 of 4A), and potentially lose any opportunity to win the NE8...  All because YOU think it would benefit Snider?  

SMDH....  

It's just a hypothetical situation lol. A NE8 title means nothing if you can have a chance to improve your team and win a state championship. If you don't think the situation would improve both Snider and EN you're crazy.

• Haha 1
  • Kill me now 1

1 minute ago, Prospect said:

It's just a hypothetical situation lol. A NE8 title means nothing if you can have a chance to improve your team and win a state championship. If you don't think the situation would improve both Snider and EN you're crazy.

Tell East Noble and Leo that THIER Conference title means nothing.  Then ya got something there with the 'hypotheticals'.   

🤣

4 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

Tell East Noble and Leo that THIER Conference title means nothing.  Then ya got something there with the 'hypotheticals'.   

🤣

I'm glad Leo's NE8 championship helped them in the post season last year. I'm sure they wouldn't trade that for the sectional championship and a chance to compete in the regional.

12 minutes ago, Prospect said:

I'm glad Leo's NE8 championship helped them in the post season last year. I'm sure they wouldn't trade that for the sectional championship and a chance to compete in the regional.

Apparently helped East Noble (playing IN Conference), as THEY did play in the Regional the next week vs. Marion!   

Ok...This topic has been through the wringer folks...posts are all over the place. Pretty sure it was not @psaboy's intent when starting it. 

All the what if matchups are fun to talk about, but they ain't happenin; and no chance they will. If you want to continue in the what if matchups or the wishful thinking ones, feel free to start a new topic.
Now back to our regularly scheduled discussion 🙂
This might work out well for Snider; Homestead has a LOT of weapons, and having some extra time to prepare could help. 

• Like 2

On 9/10/2021 at 2:27 PM, Irishman said:

Ok...This topic has been through the wringer folks...posts are all over the place. Pretty sure it was not @psaboy's intent when starting it. 

All the what if matchups are fun to talk about, but they ain't happenin; and no chance they will. If you want to continue in the what if matchups or the wishful thinking ones, feel free to start a new topic.
Now back to our regularly scheduled discussion 🙂
This might work out well for Snider; Homestead has a LOT of weapons, and having some extra time to prepare could help. 

Sparty has had their number the past couple of years..if the panthers plan on playing on into mid November this game is where its at..offense has to score when they get their chances..score..score..n score some more!! Lol

Snider got good win tonight, almost let Homestead come back for win. A few observations from the game.

1st half Snider O line dominated play, rushed for 171 yards. Ball control offensive, with good D and good discipline (not sure if I saw they get flagged in first half) lead to 14-0 lead. Third Q they allowed TD, and started to play a little less disciplined, few flags started flying towards end of third and early fourth. Brown went out with injury, back up RB looked capable. Secondary played better than expected, big INT with less than 2 left to pay sealed the game. Still worried that secondary needs work, saw a  rush three with eight back in secondary and stil had hard time stopping a few passes. Overall, win I really didn't expect, still alive for the conference championship. 

13 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Snider got good win tonight, almost let Homestead come back for win. A few observations from the game.

1st half Snider O line dominated play, rushed for 171 yards. Ball control offensive, with good D and good discipline (not sure if I saw they get flagged in first half) lead to 14-0 lead. Third Q they allowed TD, and started to play a little less disciplined, few flags started flying towards end of third and early fourth. Brown went out with injury, back up RB looked capable. Secondary played better than expected, big INT with less than 2 left to pay sealed the game. Still worried that secondary needs work, saw a  rush three with eight back in secondary and stil had hard time stopping a few passes. Overall, win I really didn't expect, still alive for the conference championship. 

Sounds like they are righting the ship for the post season. The real season. Dwenger better be on guard. 

Hard fought win for the panthers tonight..few key athletes back from injury seemed to be major..secondary can hit..yet can they cover? O LINE is still the best position group and it seems it's only one deep threat at wr..they have too much talent on the sideline to only have one legit pass option..not including the TE..good thing is tippy hasn't played all his cards yet n the next few weeks will be chess games..coach k n those 2a knights are barking n biting..sni high better get their wheels rolling now if they plan on getting anymore w's this yr..tonight was a step in the right direction yet pups win rivalry games...while big dogs bring home hardware 🏆 

3 hours ago, Justasportsfan said:

Hard fought win for the panthers tonight..few key athletes back from injury seemed to be major..secondary can hit..yet can they cover? O LINE is still the best position group and it seems it's only one deep threat at wr..they have too much talent on the sideline to only have one legit pass option..not including the TE..good thing is tippy hasn't played all his cards yet n the next few weeks will be chess games..coach k n those 2a knights are barking n biting..sni high better get their wheels rolling now if they plan on getting anymore w's this yr..tonight was a step in the right direction yet pups win rivalry games...while big dogs bring home hardware 🏆 

I think they will get more wins this year. They have two "easier" games next two weeks before the two "harder" games. Hoping Brown injury doesn't take him out, not sure what happened but looked like ankle or knee. Best big back I've seen at Snider for many moons.  

7 hours ago, southend said:

Sounds like they are righting the ship for the post season. The real season. Dwenger better be on guard. 

Yes, I agree. They are playing way better than at the beginning of the season. IMO, that is what the regular season is about, yes it is nice to have a lot of wins, win league championship, etc. but the prize is to win your very last game of the season. 

18 hours ago, psaboy said:

I think they will get more wins this year. They have two "easier" games next two weeks before the two "harder" games. Hoping Brown injury doesn't take him out, not sure what happened but looked like ankle or knee. Best big back I've seen at Snider for many moons.  

I've seen other scores from around the state this weekend that others said it would be "easy" yet were quite competitive..  under estimation provides motivation..

7 hours ago, Justasportsfan said:

I've seen other scores from around the state this weekend that others said it would be "easy" yet were quite competitive..  under estimation provides motivation..

You may be taking my "easier" out of context. No game is easy, but when you compare playing Dwenger and Luers vs Northrop or Wayne, I think you would agree that first two are more likely to be a lose or less likely to be a W for Snider than the last two??

• Like 1

9 hours ago, psaboy said:

You may be taking my "easier" out of context. No game is easy, but when you compare playing Dwenger and Luers vs Northrop or Wayne, I think you would agree that first two are more likely to be a lose or less likely to be a W for Snider than the last two??

I agree..they get everyone's best shot though and the scare with legends still has me wondering

12 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

I agree..they get everyone's best shot though and the scare with legends still has me wondering

Being the first game of the season, I wouldn't put much into that game. What I look for is progress as the regular season progresses, think Snider has shown that in past few games. Just need to continue. The one good thing I see is more discipline, not seeing the 8-10 flags every game, that in it's self is huge.

15 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Being the first game of the season, I wouldn't put much into that game. What I look for is progress as the regular season progresses, think Snider has shown that in past few games. Just need to continue. The one good thing I see is more discipline, not seeing the 8-10 flags every game, that in it's self is huge.

Yes..limiting sparty to 14 is encouraging..their flaws are being ironed out

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Justasportsfan said:

Yes..limiting sparty to 14 is encouraging..their flaws are being ironed out

This. Snider has two tough games to end the season, and they probably have the best chance to ruin Luers perfect season. The secondary looked A LOT better than the first couple weeks and they seemed to take full advantage of having a week off.

39 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

I am wondering how the "missed" SAC contest vs. SS could impact the potential league championship?

If Snider wins out...and somehow multiple teams have 1 loss...Who is the champion with an odd number of conference wins?

In that event you look at the number of losses and head to head. I can't imagine Snider being penalized because their opponent canceled due to Covid. I've been wrong before and I'll be wrong again more than likely. Luers could just make it easy by winning out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

I am wondering how the "missed" SAC contest vs. SS could impact the potential league championship?

If Snider wins out...and somehow multiple teams have 1 loss...Who is the champion with an odd number of conference wins?

I've heard that "technically" the SS game can be posted as a forfeiture (if needed) that gives the Panthers a W.