Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cute Bit Again HCC...Can you do it when it counts?

3 minutes ago, temptation said:

LN’s win over Avon was the lone bright spot in the unofficial MIC/HCC showdown tonight as Fishers, Zionsville, Brownsburg and HSE easily disposed of their MIC counterparts.

Same old story in August...will it finally happen in October/November?

Zionsville and HSE were expected although I think Pike gave Zionsville more than they wanted. NC is pretty stunning, thought that program may have turned a corner. Your long concerns about Simmons probably warrant recognition.

13 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Zionsville and HSE were expected although I think Pike gave Zionsville more than they wanted. NC is pretty stunning, thought that program may have turned a corner. Your long concerns about Simmons probably warrant recognition.

Can’t speak to the flow of the Pike/Zionsville game but 28-10 is pretty damn impressive.

NC’s loss didn’t “shock me” but the margin did.

LC is in deep trouble and is making @DT look like a prophet.

I had five turnovers for BD tonight (though I may be off by one as I think a late INT was overturned).  I’m sure we will hear the normal “BD will improve” rhetoric but they simply looked overmatched all night against a Brownsburg team that lost A LOT of talent.

Edited by temptation

Just now, temptation said:

Can’t speak to the flow of the Pike/Zionsville game but 28-10 is pretty damn impressive.

NC’s loss didn’t “shock me” but the margin did.

LC is in deep trouble and is making @DT look like a prophet.

I had five turnovers for BD tonight (though I may be off by one as I think a late INT was overturned).  I’m sure we will hear the normal “BD will improve” rhetoric but they simply looked overmatched all night.  

Saw the Pike-Zionsville game was 14-10 going into the 4th. Thought Zionsville was going to roll. 

Just now, Footballking16 said:

Saw the Pike-Zionsville game was 14-10 going into the 4th. Thought Zionsville was going to roll. 

That changes things a bit.  Maybe Pike can sneak up on a couple of mid-tier MIC teams.

No real shame in how Warren lost to CG, pretty predictable.  Was just shocked they seemed to be dragging guys off the turf all night.  Conditioning?

Announcers went with “cramps” but that usually affects both teams fairly equally.  

Brownsburg physically dominated Ben Davis. Congrats to Coach Hart and the Bulldogs.

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

Was just shocked they seemed to be dragging guys off the turf all night.  

Same. Coach Simmons mentioned it on Inside Ben Davis Football it was a concern, so it was on their minds. Oh well. On to Avon.

17 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

Brownsburg physically dominated Ben Davis. Congrats to Coach Hart and the Bulldogs.

Same. Coach Simmons mentioned it on Inside Ben Davis Football it was a concern, so it was on their minds. Oh well. On to Avon.

Sounds like Ben Davis and Warren Central will lead the state in most cramps per quarter after week 1.

Have these schools fallen behind in basic strength and conditioning?

Unfortunately, COVID has more negatively impacted higher minority schools.  We will see this manifest itself throughout the season.

26 minutes ago, temptation said:

That changes things a bit.  Maybe Pike can sneak up on a couple of mid-tier MIC teams.

No real shame in how Warren lost to CG, pretty predictable.  Was just shocked they seemed to be dragging guys off the turf all night.  Conditioning?

Announcers went with “cramps” but that usually affects both teams fairly equally.  

Nobody trains like CG. Always better in conditioning 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, temptation said:

LN’s win over Avon was the lone bright spot in the unofficial MIC/HCC showdown tonight as Fishers, Zionsville, Brownsburg and HSE easily disposed of their MIC counterparts.

Same old story in August...will it finally happen in October/November?

Could have been a sweep as Avon went ahead with 3:30 left in the game, but failed to contain on the outside and a long gain from a short pass resulted in the winning TD with :35 left.

6 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Could have been a sweep as Avon went ahead with 3:30 left in the game, but failed to contain on the outside and a long gain from a short pass resulted in the winning TD with :35 left.

Would’ve been a riot.  As I stated all summer however, no one will take the HCC seriously until it’s done in the postseason.

Brownsburg has now taken the last three from BD in the regular season but I’m still hesitant to say the changing of the guard has occurred simply because they’ve flamed out in the postseason on all three occasions.

I could be wrong here but that game seems to just mean more to the Bulldogs.  I criticized their celebrations after regular season wins in the past but if they don’t have BD’s attention by now, they never will.

I don't get Brownsburg. I watched the entire game and saw what I would consider a typical Brownsburg team in a game like this. They had the size and speed to match Ben Davis all over the field. IMO, it was clear Brownsburg didn't fear Ben Davis and was the aggressor. At some point the Bulldogs have to break through in the playoffs.

How about the Millers? I watched all of that one as well. I won't put the cart in front of the horse as the road through the HCC will be a lot tougher than Mt. Vernon; however, it was nice to see the Millers dominate a solid Mt. Vernon team. Noblesville's secondary was swiss cheese early on as Mt. Vernon took 15-0 and 22-7 leads in the 1st Quarter. It was all Noblesville after that as the D tightened up and the enormous Miller O-Line was pancaking Marauders left and right. It was 50-22 late in the 3rd quarter when Noblesville started playing 2nd stringers in the secondary and Mt. Vernon put together 2 more nice drives. Noblesville racked up 588 rushing yards while tiny 5'5 Sophomore Logan Shoffner had 354 yards on the ground by bouncing behind the Noblesville O-Line and hitting the open field.

My humble Power Rankings after Week 1: 

1. Brownsburg
  2. Westfield
  3. Hamilton Southeastern
  4. Avon
  5. Noblesville
  6. Fishers
  7. Zionsville
  8. Franklin Central

7 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

I don't get Brownsburg. I watched the entire game and saw what I would consider a typical Brownsburg team in a game like this. They had the size and speed to match Ben Davis all over the field. IMO, it was clear Brownsburg didn't fear Ben Davis and was the aggressor. At some point the Bulldogs have to break through in the playoffs.

How about the Millers? I watched all of that one as well. I won't put the cart in front of the horse as the road through the HCC will be a lot tougher than Mt. Vernon; however, it was nice to see the Millers dominate a solid Mt. Vernon team. Noblesville's secondary was swiss cheese early on as Mt. Vernon took 15-0 and 22-7 leads in the 1st Quarter. It was all Noblesville after that as the D tightened up and the enormous Miller O-Line was pancaking Marauders left and right. It was 50-22 late in the 3rd quarter when Noblesville started playing 2nd stringers in the secondary and Mt. Vernon put together 2 more nice drives. Noblesville racked up 588 rushing yards while tiny 5'5 Sophomore Logan Shoffner had 354 yards on the ground by bouncing behind the Noblesville O-Line and hitting the open field.

My humble Power Rankings after Week 1: 

1. Brownsburg
  2. Westfield
  3. Hamilton Southeastern
  4. Avon
  5. Noblesville
  6. Fishers
  7. Zionsville
  8. Franklin Central

Noblesville above fishers? Avon at 3?

Just now, Indiana Fan said:

Noblesville above fishers? Avon at 3?

*4 sorry. 

On 8/21/2021 at 12:14 AM, DT said:

Sounds like Ben Davis and Warren Central will lead the state in most cramps per quarter after week 1.

Have these schools fallen behind in basic strength and conditioning?

Unfortunately, COVID has more negatively impacted higher minority schools.  We will see this manifest itself throughout the season.

I would disagree that these schools are behind.  Kevin Vanderbush at Ben Davis has seen his program modeled throughout indiana and the country.

In your interview with Jason Simmons you essentially seemed to not know who this man was and I personally would suggest you get to know this man as he is still considered by many to be the best S&C coach in Indiana.

10 minutes ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

I would disagree that these schools are behind.  Kevin Vanderbush at Ben Davis has seen his program modeled throughout indiana and the country.

In your interview with Jason Simmons you essentially seemed to not know who this man was and I personally would suggest you get to know this man as he is still considered by many to be the best S&C coach in Indiana.

Strength and conditioning is certainly NOT the problem.

25 minutes ago, temptation said:

2/3 tonight for the HCC as Fishers and HSE roll (42-6 as I type this).

BD rolls Avon.

6-2 for the HCC…

Yeah. Avon coaching staff should be embarrassed.  If you have enough talent to score the ball, you should have enough talent to stop the opponent.