Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Biggest Week One Upset

4 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

I may have mentioned that I was not sure what to expect from Warsaw this year due to the impact graduations had on the team. A lot of production on offense and multi-year starters/players was lost on both sides of the ball. But I will admit I really did not believe Warsaw would have won the game Friday night. Because of Bart Ball, Warsaw will always be in most games. Rarely have/will they get blown out. But I definitely underestimated their performance. Only 1 week, and hopefully the kids are not letting it get to their heads. But I was extremely impressed by the Tigers Friday night and believe the term "upset" is appropriate.

I honestly don't remember who stated that they thought Warsaw may be a little down this year. I just remember someone saying it. It's a natural to feel that way when you lose some talent, but maybe Bart Curtis has a system in place that will keep the Tigers in the hunt every year. Either way, I'm pulling for Warsaw. The north needs another power. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Should we drop those bottom 16 all the way down to 3A to make it more competitive?

Only after Brebeuf, Guerin, WL, GS, and Danville get SF'd ... otherwise we'd need a discussion about making 3A 24 teams.

20 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

The previous graphic tends to indicate otherwise.

It doesn't.

A team like Gibson Southern doesn't belong in the 6A tournament just because they can beat a school like Columbus North. That's an indictment on Columbus North, not Gibson Southern or the enrollment-based classification system. 

1 hour ago, Footballking16 said:

It doesn't.

A team like Gibson Southern doesn't belong in the 6A tournament just because they can beat a school like Columbus North. 

It does if they prove they can compete against others schools of a similar vein over a certain amount of time.

You really need to excise enrollment from your mind when discussing this issue, it clouds your thinking.   Looks up the working of promotion and relegation and educate yourself to the possibilities.  Here is a decent primer:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Promotion_and_relegation

16 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

It does if they prove they can compete against others schools of a similar vein over a certain amount of time.

You really need to excise enrollment from your mind when discussing this issue, it clouds your thinking.   Looks up the working of promotion and relegation and educate yourself to the possibilities.  Here is a decent primer:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Promotion_and_relegation

Have followed European soccer for years. Teams being promoted from lower leagues get a massive revenue boost and can subsequently go out and buy top league level players. Doesn't work that way in Indiana High School football.

The same Gibson Southern team that beat Columbus North this year lost by 42 points the year prior. The success factor in of itself follows a model of promotion and regulation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Have followed European soccer for years. Teams being promoted from lower leagues get a massive revenue boost and can subsequently go out and buy top league level players. Doesn't work that way in Indiana High School football.

That's fact....plus promotion and relegation is built on a long, long season of work....not just from the results of a single game.  A long season playing all teams in their league multiple times...not teams from lower level leagues.