Concord handles the Jimmies 

Penn takes care of business against Laporte 

Adams over Fairfield 

Glenn in a close one over Riley 

Northridge rolls past the Indians

New Prairie cruises over Twin Lakes 

• Like 1

A few surprises last week let’s get week 2 rolling:

Bremen/Washington- I think this one will be a tight one. Washington will slow the game down with their ground and pound offense. Question is can Bremen  contain Washington’s speed. Bremen is going to have to play mistake free. I like Washington by 6.

CMA/Marian- I’m going with Marian in this one. I don’t see CMA overpowering Marians defense. Look for Marian to take this one by 17.

Elkhart/Mishawka- Going with the Cavemen here. Elkhart has been licking its wounds since the injuries have been piling up. Cavemen by 14

Concord/Jimtown- Either Northwood defense is stellar or jimtown is one dimensional. The Jimmies will start off 0-2. Dunlap by 13

Laporte/Penn- What is going on in Granger? Is the yeoman era coming to an end? There are rumblings around the area of being on the hot seat. Something tells me different but Kingsmen +1

Adams/Fairfield- Adams should be able to handle this one quite easily. Fairfield seems to have lost some fire power and it definitely hurts their #1 QB moved out of state. Adams by 30

Clay/Goshen- not much to say Goshen by 40

Riley/Glenn- a little conference matchup. Riley was declawed by Michigan City by 60.     Glenn came out strong from the first whistle. Glenn’s Defense held Boon Grove to negative yardage through 3 quarters until it appeared they put in the JV Team. Boone Grove totaled 62? Yards of total offense and only had 1 first down because of a penalty in the first half. Look for Glenn to soar Friday night by 24. 

St. Joe/Northridge- going with Northridge. ST. Joe appear to lack firepower. Northridge grinds this one out by 14

Twin Lakes/NP- Cougars offense runs wild Friday night. NP by 21

• Haha 1

Bremen vs Washington: losing to laville is never a good sign when competing in the NIC. Gotta go with the 1-0 team in this one but I can see any outcome.

CMA vs Marian: While down compared to last year, still think Marian pulls off this one. Should be a good game. 

Elkhart vs Mishawaka: The Cavemen have a way staying in ANY game with their offense. If Elkhart was full strength I'd give them the slight edge. But with the blows EH has taken this season already, Cavemen walk away with a W.

Concord vs Jimtown: Green guys beat Maroon guys pretty easily.

LaPorte vs Penn: NP took it to Laporte. If Penn loses this game the wheels have officially fallen off in Granger. 

Adams vs Fairfield: Is there a more overrated coach than Jones? Eagles will win this one but their week 1 showing raises questions going forward.

Clay vs Goshen: I knew Clay would be bad, but that week 1 score is just embarrassing. Goshen soaring at 2-0 at the end of this running clock game.

Riley vs Glenn: Riley football has seemed to taken some steps back the last 3-4 years. Glenn might be starting to get an identity and throwing some consistently solid teams on the field. 

St. Joe vs Northridge: NLC might to a 4-0 sweep this Friday. Northridge looks like a darkhorse to ruin some Friday nights this season. They win this game by 3 TDs+

Twin Lake vs New Prairie: I was a little hesitant on NP this year with their 2nd year coach. But man did NP look good against Laporte. game was not nearly as close as the score indicated. The RB did 90% of the damage on offense but it seemed like everyone that touched the ball is capable of making plays going forward. Could be another fun season in New Carlisle.

Edited by npcougar15

Bremen at Washington   -- Bremen has lots of question marks with some postitions and depth across the board, but what they have is strong line play on both sides of the ball.  Clean up special teams and play a realitively clean game on offense and they win Friday night.  But they couldn't so give LaVille credit.  They have a nice 2A team.  Washington's speed and ability for big plays is certainly a concern.  Sounds like Washington may have been running out of gas in the heat last Friday and it is going to be another hot one this week.  Gonna roll with the Lions this week in a close one.  Got to get this game with Marian up in week 3.
Culver Academy at Marian,   Marian wins this non-public tussle fairly easy.
Elkhart at Mishawaka,  Elkhart has had tough luck with the injury bug and a visit to Steele Stadium undermanned is not a good thing.  Mishawaka by a couple of TD'S.
Jimtown at ConcordConcord has too much for the Jimmes, but expect them to battle to the end and make Concord sweat one out.
LaPorte at PennPenn has to win this one at home, right?
Adams at Fairfield, Adams size, strength and speed should serve them well, but Fairfield's system could give them fits for a little while if Adams is not disciplined.
Clay at Goshen,  Give the schedule maker a shout out for Goshen's first two wins this season.  I about fell over when seeing Clay's score from last Friday.
Riley at Glenn   Glenn has thmeselves a team this season.  If they stay healthy they are the team to beat in the South.
St. Joseph at Northridge,  Northridge keeps it rolling this week.  Impressed with their athletes and the schools committment to them.
Twin Lakes at New Prairie,  Does Cougar Nation believe in their coach?  Heard more then once some comments that would question their confidence.  Won't matter this week.  The running game keeps churning out yards and scores.

Bremen needs to clean up miscues.  I believe they will be missing 2 key guys (covid protocol) again this week that will provide some needed depth in the heat. I don't know who I would have winning, this series has been back and forth, so it is Washingtons turn this year.

I know nothing about CMA this year, so I pick Marian.

Jimtown, I see them fixing some issues from week 1.

Penn right? Maybe?

Adams should win.

Goshen, I don't know what can be said for Clay.

Glenn, they have some playmakers.

NP should win.

11 hours ago, npcougar15 said:

Bremen vs Washington: losing to laville is never a good sign when competing in the NIC. Gotta go with the 1-0 team in this one but I can see any outcome.

CMA vs Marian: While down compared to last year, still think Marian pulls off this one. Should be a good game. 

Elkhart vs Mishawaka: The Cavemen have a way staying in ANY game with their offense. If Elkhart was full strength I'd give them the slight edge. But with the blows EH has taken this season already, Cavemen walk away with a W.

Concord vs Jimtown: Green guys beat Maroon guys pretty easily.

LaPorte vs Penn: NP took it to Laporte. If Penn loses this game the wheels have officially fallen off in Granger. 

Adams vs Fairfield: Is there a more overrated coach than Jones? Eagles will win this one but their week 1 showing raises questions going forward.

Clay vs Goshen: I knew Clay would be bad, but that week 1 score is just embarrassing. Goshen soaring at 2-0 at the end of this running clock game.

Riley vs Glenn: Riley football has seemed to taken some steps back the last 3-4 years. Glenn might be starting to get an identity and throwing some consistently solid teams on the field. 

St. Joe vs Northridge: NLC might to a 4-0 sweep this Friday. Northridge looks like a darkhorse to ruin some Friday nights this season. They win this game by 3 TDs+

Twin Lake vs New Prairie: I was a little hesitant on NP this year with their 2nd year coach. But man did NP look good against Laporte. game was not nearly as close as the score indicated. The RB did 90% of the damage on offense but it seemed like everyone that touched the ball is capable of making plays going forward. Could be another fun season in New Carlisle.

Mishawaka beats Marian and all of a sudden they are primed to run over Elkhart thus Friday night, you can't be serious...Kudos to them but Elkhart isn't the "Pittsburgh Steelers" of the SE of South Bend....

Bremen vs Washington: Washington pulls out a close one 26-20

CMA vs Marian: Marian isn't that "down".  Marian has a tough D.  Marian by 21

Elkhart vs Mishawaka: I think the reports of the Lions demise are very premature.  Losing 2 of the best players in the state doesn't take them from a good team to an average one around here.  It takes them from likely winning all of their games by 3-4 scores to a team that should still win the NIC and maybe lose a game.  That said they don't start to get healthy until week 3 and Mishawaka is a team that should run the table in the NLC and has the best player in the area so this very well could be that game.  This game decides who the best in NC Indiana is.  The Lions D was tough against Concord but this is a different matchup and one that doesn't favor the lions.  While Id have had Elkhart by 21 at full strength, Ill go Mishawaka 38-34 in a game decided by point after TDs.  

Concord vs Jimtown: History will show that Concord has the best defense in NC Indiana.  Their front 7 is very stout and DBs are really good.  This one gets ugly 42-0 Concord.

LaPorte vs Penn: If Penn doesn't win here they will likely have another losing regular season and could be one of the worst ever.  I think they get it done at home in a defensive battle 17-13 Penn. 

Adams vs Fairfield: It is possible that somehow Jones finds a way to keep Fairfield in this game, but not likely.  Adams should be a top NIC team, but they simply are not.  28-7 Adams.

Clay vs Goshen: Good for Goshen to get off to a 2-0 start.  Clock runs the second half in a 42-0 stomping.

Riley vs Glenn: I see this one being close but Glenn pulling it off 21-17 late.

St. Joe vs Northridge: Northridge has surprised big time thus far.  I dont see them competing vs Warsaw/Concord or Mishawaka in the NLC but also done see anyone else beating them.  Northridge 35-7.

Twin Lake vs New Prairie: NP will be in the race for the NIC this year.  I think they have a big year and this one is ugly early.  49-7 New prairie.

53 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

Bremen needs to clean up miscues.  I believe they will be missing 2 key guys (covid protocol) again this week that will provide some needed depth in the heat. I don't know who I would have winning, this series has been back and forth, so it is Washingtons turn this year.

I know nothing about CMA this year, so I pick Marian.

Jimtown, I see them fixing some issues from week 1.

Penn right? Maybe?

Adams should win.

Goshen, I don't know what can be said for Clay.

Glenn, they have some playmakers.

NP should win.

I forget Mishawaka and Elkhart. Jury is out if Elkhart will be able to replace the talent they loss.  Going with the Cavemen.

Elkhart may have a few of their core guys out right now but they have up and coming players who are ready to step up, I ain't taking anything away from Mishawaka because they will be ready and they are very well coached but at the end of the day this is football, we will see how that wishbone favors them or not....

Elkhart may have a few of their core guys out right now but they have up and coming players who are ready to step up, I ain't taking anything away from Mishawaka because they will be ready and they are very well coached but at the end of the day this is football, we will see how that wishbone favors them or not....

12 hours ago, Cavemen Souki said:

Mishawaka beats Marian and all of a sudden they are primed to run over Elkhart thus Friday night, you can't be serious...Kudos to them but Elkhart isn't the "Pittsburgh Steelers" of the SE of South Bend....

Take it easy bud. Did I say they were "primed to run over Elkhart"? No. I said with EH not at full strength I'm going to take the cavemen. And quite honestly even before the injuries, Elkhart was replacing 19 starters including a handful of D1 talent which warrants hesitancy picking them at the beginning of the season. I'm sorry but Mishawaka has way more "knowns" than your Lions at this point. You guys have A LOT to prove this year before I crown your asses. 

Edited by npcougar15

I think Elkhart has to show they are reloading and not rebuilding.  I watched the Marin/Mishawaka game and Mishawaka surprised mebased on what they had lost.  Having a solid QB is a great beginning for any team.  I lean to Mishawaka at home.

On 8/25/2021 at 2:30 PM, Cavemen Souki said:

Who got shut out last year?? Since when is scoring 28 points a shut out?? Apparently you know very little about Cavemen football... You really think a Mishawaka team will back down after getting smacked a few times.  At least this so called expert knows what a shut out is... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crusty said:

Who got shut out last year?? Since when is scoring 28 points a shut out?? Apparently you know very little about Cavemen football... You really think a Mishawaka team will back down after getting smacked a few times.  At least this so called expert knows what a shut out is... 

The mans elevator doesn't go to the top floor. keep in mind this is my original post that he thought was overly disrespectful: "Elkhart vs Mishawaka: The Cavemen have a way staying in ANY game with their offense. If Elkhart was full strength I'd give them the slight edge. But with the blows EH has taken this season already, Cavemen walk away with a W.". I don't know what he is talking about half the time and the other half I wish I didn't. 

• Haha 1

The highlight is Mishawaka and Elkhart.  Watching the Cavemen last Friday night on TV you have to be disciplined in your defensive approach.  If you commit too soon you are sunk.  They key will be how well disciplined the Lions are. (wish they have been more original in a nickname)

Little late to the game:

Mishawaka by 3 scores 

Washington by 2 scores 

Marian by 10

Penn squeaks this one and saves yeomans job one more week. 
Goshen…big

Adams…big

Northridge…by 2 scores

Glenn by 4 scores 

NP…big

Concord by 2 scores 

better check tape Caveman Souki. Elkhart has no legit threat back. 

On 8/21/2021 at 2:49 PM, ASJCPUMA said:

Week 2 games

Friday, Aug. 27
Bremen at Washington ©, 7 pm
Culver Academy at Marian, 7:30 pm
Elkhart at Mishawaka, 7 pm
Jimtown at Concord, 7 pm
LaPorte at Penn, 7:30 pm
Adams at Fairfield, 7 pm
Clay at Goshen, 7 pm
Riley at Glenn ©, 7 pm
St. Joseph at Northridge, 7 pm
Twin Lakes at New Prairie, 7:30 pm

Only because the NLC thread is LIGHT on active posters this year, figured I'd jump over here and at least make some picks:

Bremen at Washington: Should be a good game. I'll take Washington in a close one.

Culver Academy at Marian: I think this should be a good one as well, but can't imagine the Knights losing back to back games at home.

Elkhart at Mishawaka: Whether or not Elkhart is at full strength, I think a lot of people are underestimating the Cavemen. Fisher at QB is a STUD, and in that offense... lookout

Jimtown at Concord: both teams struggled offensively last week, while the defenses showed out. Give me the home team in a close one in this backyard rivalry.

LaPorte at Penn: Penn has to win this game - and I think they do.

Adams at Fairfield: No reason Adams should lose this game. If Goshen can beat Fairfield this year, the Eagles should win this battle of the birds.

Clay at Goshen: Feel bad for Clay. We used to scrimmage them every year for a long time. Program has certainly fell off.

Riley at Glenn: Glenn by a couple touchdowns

St. Joseph at Northridge: Both teams put up shut-outs last week. At least one team will give up their first points of the season. I think the Raiders are the better team.

Twin Lakes at New Prairie: Two teams I know next to nothing about. I'll take New Prairie at home and under the belief that their victory over LaPorte was more impressive than Twin Lake's victory over Northwestern in week 1.