Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cathedral vs Brownsburg on Friday!

Another great 6A matchup for the Irish.  With our defense I just don't see us giving up much to the Bulldogs.  I also project a few more break-out plays from our offense than we saw last Friday at Westfield.  Going to be a hot week hope both teams stay cool at practice and everyone stays healthy!

Irish   28

Brownsburg  6

1 hour ago, Dave007 said:

Another great 6A matchup for the Irish.  With our defense I just don't see us giving up much to the Bulldogs.  I also project a few more break-out plays from our offense than we saw last Friday at Westfield.  Going to be a hot week hope both teams stay cool at practice and everyone stays healthy!

Irish   28

Brownsburg  6

Looks about right.  Brownsburg dominated both lines of scrimmage against BD and put the game away in the fourth quarter last week.

Cathedral presents a different challenge…and I don’t expect them to give Brownsburg 4-5 turnovers. 

Edited by temptation

Asked a staring CHS O Lineman how Brownsburg compared to Westfield. He said, "Oh God, Brownsburg was much tougher up front tonight." 

Can't wait to see the disparity in penalties. Had to be Irish 150 to BBurg 30. Either way. It was an excellent game. Quite a few dropped passes for the Bulldogs. Irish D relinquished their first points. 😞 Great crowd.  

1 minute ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Asked a staring CHS O Lineman how Brownsburg compared to Westfield. He said, "Oh God, Brownsburg was much tougher up front tonight." 

Can't wait to see the disparity in penalties. Had to be Irish 150 to BBurg 30. Either way. It was an excellent game. Quite a few dropped passes for the Bulldogs. Irish D relinquished their first points. 😞 Great crowd.  

We counted Irish 110, Brownsburg 20.  This is unofficial of course.  It seemed with every flag there was a long conversation among the officials before assessing the penalties.

It seemed that Brownsburg was tough to run on tonight.  Hoping the Irish can get some offensive confidence against Penn next week.

Our offense still has some kinks to work out.  However I could tell easily in the stands that Brownsburg is much more physical and bigger up front than Westfield was from the prior week.  Credit to Bulldogs for shutting down our run game.  Our defense again was lights out and special teams made some big-time plays when it mattered.  The tackle Gomez made on Brownsburg's return late in 4th quarter actually 'hushed' the stadium for several seconds.  I don't recall such a hard hit in a very long time at high-school level.

To the point above we need to get these penalties under control.  93 yards last week, and 114 yards last night = average of 103.5 penalty yards/game.   That is concerning.

3 minutes ago, Dave007 said:

Our offense still has some kinks to work out.  However I could tell easily in the stands that Brownsburg is much more physical and bigger up front than Westfield was from the prior week.  Credit to Bulldogs for shutting down our run game.  Our defense again was lights out and special teams made some big-time plays when it mattered.  The tackle Gomez made on Brownsburg's return late in 4th quarter actually 'hushed' the stadium for several seconds.  I don't recall such a hard hit in a very long time at high-school level.

To the point above we need to get these penalties under control.  93 yards last week, and 114 yards last night = average of 103.5 penalty yards/game.   That is concerning.

Penalties have been that way for the last few seasons. Not going to change unless players are held accountable. Defense again played lights out, offense has a way to go. Offensive line needs to get better in a hurry. Playing Penn should help.

2 hours ago, Dave007 said:

I made the comment last night as soon as it happened in the scoring thread. Was an absolute monster hit by Gomez.