Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Best Week 2 Games

Please offer up your best Week 2 games but I will offer the Brebeuf v. New Pal game as incredibly interesting.

5A New Pal defeated 5A Decatur Central (#12 All Classes 2020 as a 5A team) 31-21.

3A Brebeuf defeated 4A Chatard (#6 All Classes 2020 as a 3A team) 24-19.

I’m thinking we will get a great overall measure of the strength of both of these teams and their relative classes.

7 minutes ago, Lysander said:

Please offer up your best Week 2 games but I will offer the Brebeuf v. New Pal game as incredibly interesting.

5A New Pal defeated 5A Decatur Central (#12 All Classes 2020 as a 5A team) 31-21.

3A Brebeuf defeated 4A Chatard (#6 All Classes 2020 as a 3A team) 24-19.

I’m thinking we will get a great overall measure of the strength of both of these teams and their relative classes.

Not to step on your toes, but New Pal lost to Decatur Central 31-29. New Pal did try and kick a FG as time expired to win 32-31 and it was no good. I do agree it should be an interesting game between New Pal and Brebeuf.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

Not to step on your toes, but New Pal lost to Decatur Central 31-29. New Pal did try and kick a FG as time expired to win 32-31 and it was no good. I do agree it should be an interesting game between New Pal and Brebeuf.

Dang…flipped my reading on this result (and ultimately got it wrong even then as to the score).  Thanks for correcting me.  

With that, I am thinking New Pal is much improved and much closer to prior form.

Even so, I think it’s one of the more important games to identify just how teams stand.

Edited by Lysander

Down here in the SIAC it would be Mater Dei at Castle. Winner will sit on atop conferences with Jasper at 2-0.  Second best would be North at Memorial.  Loser goes to 0-2 and will have dreams of conference title shattered.

• Like 1

Older, little brother, LCC hasn't beaten younger, big brother, Guerin Catholic, since Kevin O'Shea departed half a decade ago.  This could be the year that series gets interesting again.

Andrean at Crown Point.  (1st meeting ever) Andrean is 62 years old

Andrean's 15-year-old sophomore quarterback Scott Ballentine was 30 of 42 last week, 2 TDs, 2 INTs against Merrillville. CP's 16-year-old junior quarterback JJ Johnson ran for two TDs and passed for two more against Lowell.

Its on.

16 hours ago, LC_Bears_04 said:

If Westfield can't beat Cathedral then Brownsburg has no chance against Cathedral.  Cathedral beats Brownsburg 28-7.

Assuming Westfield is better than Brownsburg....... and they may be.  But Brownsburg may pose different problems for Cathedral.

I think Snider and Carroll is still a game to keep on the radar. Carroll is still in the hunt for the SAC title if they win over Snider. I really don't see a team going undefeated this year in the SAC. 

Small school classes have 2A Eastside hosting 1A Adams Central. Eastside won last year in Monroe capitalizing on mistakes. AC did the same back in 2019 in another tight contest between the two teams.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Andrean at Crown Point.  (1st meeting ever) Andrean is 62 years old

Andrean's 15-year-old sophomore quarterback Scott Ballentine was 30 of 42 last week, 2 TDs, 2 INTs against Merrillville. CP's 16-year-old junior quarterback JJ Johnson (2) ran for two TDs and passed for two more against Lowell.

Its on.

Crown Point quarterback JJ Johnson (2) 

CP junior quarterback JJ Johnson (2) 8-20-21 in Lowell - 2.jpg

Edited by oldunclemark
spelling

On 8/24/2021 at 8:38 AM, LC_Bears_04 said:

I think Carroll at Fort Wayne Snider, Whiteland at Lawrence North, and Columbus North at Columbus East are all really interesting games.

You probably already saw this, but the Whiteland V LN game was canceled.

Anxious to see if Carmel can chalk two in a row up for the Hoosier state when King (MI) travels south.

Some very generic research shows that most publications have King as a top 10 team in Michigan all classes considered.  They play in Michigan’s third largest division with an enrollment of roughly 1100.

247’s player rankings bear that out as King boasts just 3 of the top 100 players in Michigan.

It’ll be the opener for them also which I think, along with the travel for a Friday night game gives Carmel a big edge.

Edited by temptation

7 minutes ago, temptation said:

Anxious to see if Carmel can chalk two in a row up for the Hoosier state when King (MI) travels south.

Some very generic research shows that most publications have King as a top 10 team in Michigan all classes considered.  They play in Michigan’s third largest division with an enrollment of roughly 1100.

247’s player rankings bear that out as King boasts just 3 of the top 100 players in Michigan.

It’ll be the opener for them also which I think, along with the travel for a Friday night game gives Carmel a big edge.

I take that back.  King’s JUNIOR class is LOADED…including a top 20 QB nationally.

On 8/25/2021 at 10:10 PM, temptation said:

I take that back.  King’s JUNIOR class is LOADED…including a top 20 QB nationally.

King is what IPS had envisioned for Tech. Inner-City school that has athletes littered all over the field. Carmel will be the more disciplined team, and if patient should wear King down with their size. Like Carmel in a nail-biter, but King will put points on the board. 

South Newton (45-8 loser to North Newton) travels to Francesville to take on West Central (a 52-6 loser to Caston)

Should be interesting, but I'm going with the Rebels in this tilt being they were able two convert a 2-pointer whereas the Trojans could not.  Furthermore, the Rebs allowed at eat two punt returns for TDs.

Hail. alma mater.

On 8/25/2021 at 9:10 PM, temptation said:

Dante Moore, heavily recruited by Notre Dame amongst others. Would love to hear a scouting report on how he plays against a good Carmel team if anyone would like to provide one!!