Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

On 3/28/2019 at 10:33 AM, Warren Central Warrior said:

I'm back people. I present a new thread: MIC 2019. What a season it was for the Warren Central Warriors last year. They ran the table on route to the school's ninth football championship, a 27-7 victory over the Carmel Greyhounds. Can the Warriors repeat? Or will someone else have a say in it? I want your opinions for this coming season. 148 more days until high school football is back!!!

Go Warriors!!! 2018 6A State Champions

I'm regretting what I said back in March. The Warriors lost, but they are still in the race. We could have a quadruple MIC Champion or North Central wins its first ever conference title.

1 hour ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

I'm regretting what I said back in March. The Warriors lost, but they are still in the race. We could have a quadruple MIC Champion or North Central wins its first ever conference title.

Warren Central is down this year... don’t see them being in the mix for a state title this year. Still a good team, just not great. 

1 hour ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

Warren Central is down this year... don’t see them being in the mix for a state title this year. Still a good team, just not great. 

3 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I am ROOTING HARD for the Fighting O'Shea's this week.   Go Get that Championship 

He's done a tremendous job turning around a program that had lost 23 of its previous 24 MIC games before his arrival. Here they are with a share of their first-ever school MIC Football Championship (and first ever conference championship in football according to Marion County historian Jim Pich).

I'm happy with giving them a share though. If BD wins on Friday, the Giants will only be 5-4 but they will have beaten the other three teams (if Carmel wins) they will be tied with. Stupid crazy MIC this year.

• Like 1

Any of these potential MIC champions are good enough to win state this year (including CG). Avon and Brownsburg have a good shot. No idea on the teams up north but this could also be the year one of them sneaks in. For the first time in a long time the 6A tournament is wide open!

• Like 2

On 10/12/2019 at 11:54 AM, Warren Central Warrior said:

It's official!!! We have the first ever quadruple MIC Championship!!! Congrats to Ben Davis, Carmel, North Central, and Warren Central tonight!!!

On 10/18/2019 at 11:28 PM, HoosierFB_JG said:

Great for them, I’m sure though they’d have preferred to win it outright against BD tonight.

First conference championship in football EVER at North Central, and it's the first team out of the MIC "Big Four" to win a conference title, too. Very rarely have NC, LN, LC, or Pike (or THN and THS for that matter) flirted with the conference title. Even though it was shared with BD, Warren, and Carmel, it's significant.

Really proud of Ben Davis. Wish they had not stubbed their toe against LC. I think the Giants are still playing their best football, and I'll be honest...I never saw them beating Warren, Carmel, and NC after the way they played against Avon and Center Grove. That's why they play the games, though. Jason Simmons should get some credit for keeping his team focused. When they're on, they'll be a tough out in the tournament.

6 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

First conference championship in football EVER at North Central, and it's the first team out of the MIC "Big Four" to win a conference title, too. Very rarely have NC, LN, LC, or Pike (or THN and THS for that matter) flirted with the conference title. Even though it was shared with BD, Warren, and Carmel, it's significant.

Really proud of Ben Davis. Wish they had not stubbed their toe against LC. I think the Giants are still playing their best football, and I'll be honest...I never saw them beating Warren, Carmel, and NC after the way they played against Avon and Center Grove. That's why they play the games, though. Jason Simmons should get some credit for keeping his team focused. When they're on, they'll be a tough out in the tournament.

If the Giants play a game they’re capable of playing, I think they can win the regional and therefore, take themselves all the way to LOS.

15 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

Yeah, but it doesn't work that way. The middle school AD's formed the MIIC and have tiebreakers, but the MIC so far hasn't budged on this. 

Makes too much sense I assume...

The MIC has so much parity this year it’s virtually impossible to rank the top half of the conference in order.  Ironically, the team with the best point differential in the MIC is 5th place Center Grove at +49 points.  Regardless of their record,  I still think Center Grove is capable of beating anybody in the 6A tournament.  Opponents that overlook them are gonna be in a lot of trouble.

7 hours ago, LC_Bears_04 said:

The MIC has so much parity this year it’s virtually impossible to rank the top half of the conference in order.  Ironically, the team with the best point differential in the MIC is 5th place Center Grove at +49 points.  Regardless of their record,  I still think Center Grove is capable of beating anybody in the 6A tournament.  Opponents that overlook them are gonna be in a lot of trouble.

I agree on most points though we are about to find out over the next few weeks whether that parity is also mediocrity.  GREAT stat on CG.

No disrespect intended to the fields, but BD and CG should roll through the sectional round whereas sectional 7 will see three MIC teams go home.  Carmel will get its shot against fellow county rivals and HCC members HSE, Fishers/Westfield.

Then it gets fun.  Carmel may get a shot at the north’s best, CG should get either NC/WC and BD should get another shot at Avon/Brownsburg!

Edited by Guest