Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Canceled/newly scheduled games this season due to Covid outbreak/quarantine 

I just heard a news broadcast that said a school has cancelled it's football game because of the school has a covid outbreak.

Is this real news??? What school?? The news show is an Indy based news channel but did not list school. 

Edited by Wink58

I am a teacher.  Been on this frontline for roughly a year and a half (since 3/13/20). 

It had NEVER been a virus outbreak at a school up by us. It has ALWAYS been the contact tracing that knocks teams out or closes schools. 

2 hours ago, Wink58 said:

I just heard a news broadcast that said a school has cancelled it's football game because of the school has a covid outbreak.

Is this real news??? What school?? The news show is an Indy based news channel but did not list school. 

If they don’t announce the school and give details, don’t believe it until they do. 

2 hours ago, Wink58 said:

Elwood/Lapel. Now Wabash is at Lapel 8/20, so Maconaquah must have cancelled their game at Wabash on that date.

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

Elwood/Lapel. Now Wabash is at Lapel 8/20, so Maconaquah must have cancelled their game at Wabash on that date.

I've heard that Maconaquah has moved to E-learning due to a large outbreak in the high school.

We went through this last season and had way too many topics locked. Keep your feelings about the virus itself, or how quarantines are handled off this page. The topic is what games have been canceled. Stick to the topic please. 
If you want to write about the politics of it, @Muda69 has an OOB club. Feel free to join that and have at it. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

We went through this last season and had way too many topics locked. Keep your feelings about the virus itself, or how quarantines are handled off this page. The topic is what games have been canceled. Stick to the topic please. 
If you want to write about the politics of it, @Muda69 has an OOB club. Feel free to join that and have at it. 

I agree.  I was just pointing out that facts need to be shared and not rumors.

• Like 1

There is a report circulating that the Henry County (New Castle) Health Dept. has ordered all sporting events and practices canceled. No re-opening date set yet.

New Castle is scheduled to host Franklin County Friday night.

9 hours ago, Irishman said:

The following teams have an opening Week 1

According to Harrell’s schedule

Rock Creek

Oldenberg

Maconaquah

Jeffersonville

Elwood

Anderson Prep….first 4 weeks are open

As was discussed on a previous thread:

The Lapel vs. Elwood game was cancelled due to COVID issues with Elwood. It looks like they have rescheduled with Wabash, who's game with Maconaquah (a conference opponent) was cancelled as due to COVID issues with Maconaquah.

The Oldenburg Academy vs. Rock Creek Academy game was cancelled due to COVID issues with Rock Creek Academy. Unfortunately for the Twisters, it does not appear Oldenburg has found another opponent to play this week.

Anderson Prep Academy... honestly who knows. I am doubtful they will even have a program in the near future. They have gone 3-31 over their last 4 seasons and did not play a single game last year. In 2019, they only played 4 games and got outscored 0-44, 6-54, 0-56, and 8-42.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

Shenandoah is also going to e-learning. I have not seen any athletic cancellations for them yet. They are also in Henry County.

All Shenandoah sports have been shut down until further notice. 

• Sad 3

5 hours ago, Bobref said:

There is a report circulating that the Henry County (New Castle) Health Dept. has ordered all sporting events and practices canceled. No re-opening date set yet.

New Castle is scheduled to host Franklin County Friday night.

It's only Shenandoah. They had something like 250 kids quarantined due to contact tracing over the last week or so, according to a message by the superintendent Sunday night. That's like 20% of our total student population. Right now week 1 is not looking likely and I'm doubting we'll play week 2. 
The rest of the Henry County schools are business as usual. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jfries said:

It's only Shenandoah. They had something like 250 kids quarantined due to contact tracing over the last week or so, according to a message by the superintendent Sunday night. That's like 20% of our total student population. Right now week 1 is not looking likely and I'm doubting we'll play week 2. 
The rest of the Henry County schools are business as usual. 

🎯 

Maconaquah had to cancel their scrimmage and week one game due to contract tracing, along with most of the rest of their fall sports for the 2 week period.  They closed the building and went to elearning this week due to a 43% student and faculty quarantine.  

4 minutes ago, JustRules said:

I'm told this game is at Wabash and this is confirmed on Harrell's site.

Yep. Yesterday MaxPreps showed it at Lapel, now it's changed. I should have known better than to believe MaxPreps to begin with, lol.