Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Canceled/newly scheduled games this season due to Covid outbreak/quarantine 

Seen the Winamac @ LaVille contest has been cancelled due to LaVille being quarantined. Looks like Winamac will be looking for a week 4 matchup.  This was on the HNAC week 4 post.

Edited by Mod22

19 hours ago, Irishman said:

Greenfield Central is looking for an opponent for this Friday, week 5. 

10 minutes ago, CoachGalyan said:

Eastern Hancock now looking for a game on 9/17.  This will be the first year in school history that they have not played the Knightstown Panthers.  

Edited by CoachClements
  • Like 3

I wish all the teams looking for game well in their endeavor.  Although it may be a little tough within our state line to find quality opponent, maybe looking eastward (in EH's case) toward Ohio might be a good idea.  Van Wert, just over the line near Ft. Wayne could be a good possibility.

3 hours ago, CoachGalyan said:

Eastern Hancock now looking for a game on 9/17.  This will be the first year in school history that they have not played the Knightstown Panthers.  

Eastern Hancock has picked up South Putnam, whose game with Edgewood had been canceled. Rematch of the legendary 1985 semistate game that was decided by a millimeter on a pass to the back of the end zone. 

TA was EH's DC in 1985. He once told me he was pastoring a small church at the time. The game came down to one play - a pass ruled out of bounds - by the slimmest of margins - that clinched the win for EH (which would go on to win the Class A title the next week). Nearly the entire team and coaching staff were in the pews that next Sunday. South Putnam went on to win the Class A title the next year. 

• Like 3

Tippecanoe Valley vs Rochester (Bell Game) has been cancelled due to Covid issues within Rochester's football program.

The AP poll (3A) #9 Tippecanoe Valley Vikings (4-0) will now travel to AP poll (1A) #7 North Judson Bluejays after their highly anticipated game against AP poll (1A) Winamac (3-0) was cancelled due to Covid issues within the Warriors program.

6 hours ago, crimsonace1 said:

Kokomo just announced they're looking for a game and willing to travel. 

Not sure why this game wouldn't happen.  Both squads have played Western already.  Kokomo beat them 28-14 in week 1 and Western Boone lost a close one 28-26 in week 2.  Kokomo is the bigger school and would be favored, although I think it would be reasonably competitive, but playing any football game has to be better than not playing one at all.  Right?? 

Edited by XStar
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, XStar said:

Not sure why this game wouldn't happen.  Both squads have played Western already.  Kokomo beat them 28-14 in week 1 and Western Boone lost a close one 28-26 in week 2.  Kokomo is the bigger school and would be favored, although I think it would be reasonably competitive, but playing any football game has to be better than not playing one at all.  Right?? 

I may be in the minority here, but No.  Other than playing a school 3X Webo's size just to play, I don't see any benefit in playing that game.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1st_and_10 said:

I may be in the minority here, but No.  Other than playing a school 3X Webo's size just to play, I don't see any benefit in playing that game.   

I guess Pioneer saw no benefit in playing 6A Chesterton (and winning) last year as well......................

• Like 5