Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Canceled/newly scheduled games this season due to Covid outbreak/quarantine 

Part of it is timing.....I think if the week gets to a Tuesday and especially a Wednesday; it is more difficult to prepare than if a game is canceled over the weekend. Another possibility is teams may be playing short handed. While it seems there have not been many varsity games canceled, the fact is a LOT of rescheduling is going on with the sub-varsity teams.....a LOT. So, coaches weigh the risk of having to play sub varsity level kids on a Friday night. So, it is a program by program thing as to whether there is value in playing a game or not playing a game. 

• Like 4
  • Disdain 1

image.png.8f613b137c06873ed6c38c36c1d48e73.png

So the Stars trade one potential 5A school for another 5A school farther away.  Interesting.  Since they couldn't get a sure win against Frankfort might as well schedule another sure win against a moribund 1-4 5A Wolves program that got handily beaten last week against 2A Pioneer. 

After all the Wildkats would probably put up too much of a fight for a Western Boone homecoming game, right?

• Kill me now 1

31 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

image.png.8f613b137c06873ed6c38c36c1d48e73.png

So the Stars trade one potential 5A school for another 5A school farther away.  Interesting.  Since they couldn't get a sure win against Frankfort might as well schedule another sure win against a moribund 1-4 5A Wolves program that got handily beaten last week against 2A Pioneer. 

After all the Wildkats would probably put up too much of a fight for a Western Boone homecoming game, right?

Why assume this is the case? Not sure what axe you have to grind with WeBo, but maybe Kokomo said no? Were you in on any of the phone conversations? Or other meetings regarding the schedule changes? There are a LOT of things that factor into what happens with schedule changes. 

• Kill me now 1

15 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Why assume this is the case? 

Human nature.  It's mostly tradition to schedule your homecoming games against a cupcake opponent.  Don't want the fans and alumni to walk away from the football field disappointed.

1 minute ago, Muda69 said:

Human nature.  It's mostly tradition to schedule your homecoming games against a cupcake opponent.  Don't want the fans and alumni to walk away from the football field disappointed.

I understand that, but you were pretty harsh in your judgment of the WeBo program without having more info beyond an assumption. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I understand that, but you were pretty harsh in your judgment of the WeBo program without having more info beyond an assumption. 

If understanding human nature is "harsh judgment" then guilty as charged.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

I'm sure what Muda thinks about covid-related scheduling is of great concern at Western Boone.....or really.....anywhere.  

Edited by XStar
  • Disdain 1

13 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

If understanding human nature is "harsh judgment" then guilty as charged.

Not my point.....simply assuming they avoided Kokomo for a different opponent is human nature. But the rant against WeBo was what i was referring to. 

3 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Not my point.....simply assuming they avoided Kokomo for a different opponent is human nature. But the rant against WeBo was what i was referring to. 

If you or @XStar were the Western Boone AD and had the choice to schedule either a competent 5A school in Kokomo or a moribund 5A school in Hammond Central to come to your field for a homecoming game which would you choose?

After all one of the Western Boone homers on this board did say this:

Other than playing a school 3X Webo's size just to play, I don't see any benefit in playing that game.   

Yet here we are with the Stars playing a 5A school.

So what exactly was the decision point between choosing 5A Kokomo or 5A Hammond Central?  According to Harrell's the Wildkats still have an open date for 9/24, so it's not like Kokomo picked up an opponent while the Western Boone AD was mulling his options, leaving only Hammond Central available.

Seems to me like some people are jumping to a lot of conclusions without anything more than speculation and conjecture as support. There’s really no credible public information on what was involved in the decision-making process. So any “conclusions” are really just uninformed opinion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Seems to me like some people are jumping to a lot of conclusions without anything more than speculation and conjecture as support. 

Again,  human nature and the context surrounding this particular open date are all the support I need.

Please tell us Bob, which school in the above scenario would you choose to play?  And why?

32 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

If you or @XStar were the Western Boone AD and had the choice to schedule either a competent 5A school in Kokomo or a moribund 5A school in Hammond Central to come to your field for a homecoming game which would you choose?

After all one of the Western Boone homers on this board did say this:

Yet here we are with the Stars playing a 5A school.

So what exactly was the decision point between choosing 5A Kokomo or 5A Hammond Central?  According to Harrell's the Wildkats still have an open date for 9/24, so it's not like Kokomo picked up an opponent while the Western Boone AD was mulling his options, leaving only Hammond Central available.

Again....not really the point. None of us were in on any meeting. As I said earlier...maybe Kokomo said no. You will find that most 5A programs and/or coaches would not be fans of scheduling a non conference 2A game; regardless of who it may be. 
If Kokomo said no, then all your criticism of WeBo is unwarranted. 

4 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Again....not really the point. None of us were in on any meeting. As I said earlier...maybe Kokomo said no. You will find that most 5A programs and/or coaches would not be fans of scheduling a non conference 2A game; regardless of who it may be. 
If Kokomo said no, then all your criticism of WeBo is unwarranted. 

Western Boone is currently a 3A program.

2 hours ago, Irishman said:

I don't know ... don't most folks who get married a second time invite the ex-wife that they have a restraining order against?  Just to make it interesting? 😁

35 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Please tell us Bob, which school in the above scenario would you choose to play?  And why?

Obviously, you missed my point. None of us on the outside looking in can be aware of all the factors that need to be taken into consideration. The hardest thing to know — is what you don’t know. The second hardest is to admit it.

• Like 1