Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Canceled/newly scheduled games this season due to Covid outbreak/quarantine 

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

Obviously, you missed my point. None of us on the outside looking in can be aware of all the factors that need to be taken into consideration. The hardest thing to know — is what you don’t know. The second hardest is to admit it.

Irrelevant in regards to my direct question to you.

Please tell us Bob, which school in the above scenario would you choose to play?  And why?

Edited by Muda69

17 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Irrelevant in regards to my direct question to you.

Please tell us Bob, which school in the above scenario would you choose to play?  And why?

And I told you, albeit indirectly, that I’m not interested in offering uninformed opinions. So, fish ain’t bitin’.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Muda69 said:

If you or @XStar were the Western Boone AD and had the choice to schedule either a competent 5A school in Kokomo or a moribund 5A school in Hammond Central to come to your field for a homecoming game which would you choose?

After all one of the Western Boone homers on this board did say this:

Yet here we are with the Stars playing a 5A school.

So what exactly was the decision point between choosing 5A Kokomo or 5A Hammond Central?  According to Harrell's the Wildkats still have an open date for 9/24, so it's not like Kokomo picked up an opponent while the Western Boone AD was mulling his options, leaving only Hammond Central available.

Ah, Muda... I would look deeper instead of your conspiracy theory of Webo playing a team for an easy win... 1) Kokomo runs an offense that Webo will not see in the playoffs or ever again (it really doesn't benefit them to play them). 2) HC played Pioneer without their Starting QB 3)HC has athletes and playmakers.  I don't believe the Coaching Staff at Webo is taking this game as an automatic win.  The Offense they run will probably be something very similar that the Stars will see in their Sectional (and beyond if they move on).  So why you believe this is a clear cut case of Webo "dodging" Kokomo for an "easier" opponent is anything but that.  

I am throwing things out that could be the reason they chose 1 over the other... Or as many have said, maybe Kokomo said No... There are thousands of reasons that none of us know because we aren't the ADs/Coaches from any of these schools

You may want to look into your Frankfort Program a little deeper... I know when I showed up for the Jr High Game on Tuesday there were ~25 High School players out practicing... They had already cancelled the game because of Covid concerns.... 

Edited by 1st_and_10
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

Ah, Muda... I would look deeper instead of your conspiracy theory of Webo playing a team for an easy win... 1) Kokomo runs an offense that Webo will not see in the playoffs or ever again (it really doesn't benefit them to play them).

Kokomo is coached by the young Austin Colby,  son of Brett Colby, former Frankfort coach and one of the instigators of bringing the "Wing-T in a phone booth" offense to FHS.  That offense gave other SAC teams fits for a few seasons until they started to figure out and the Hot Dogs ran out of good athletes to execute it.   I can understand why the Western Boone coaching staff are afraid of the Wildkats.  

40 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

You may want to look into your Frankfort Program a little deeper... I know when I showed up for the Jr High Game on Tuesday there were ~25 High School players out practicing... They had already cancelled the game because of Covid concerns.... 

Oh, the Frankfort "program" is going nowhere fast.  Not many people in this town really care, they are too busy working to keep a roof over their heads and food on the able for their families.  American football is a frivolity for the majority of Frankfort residents, and they simply don't have the deep, deep pockets that the Western Boone farming community has.

3 hours ago, Muda69 said:

If you or @XStar were the Western Boone AD and had the choice to schedule either a competent 5A school in Kokomo or a moribund 5A school in Hammond Central to come to your field for a homecoming game which would you choose?

After all one of the Western Boone homers on this board did say this:

Yet here we are with the Stars playing a 5A school.

So what exactly was the decision point between choosing 5A Kokomo or 5A Hammond Central?  According to Harrell's the Wildkats still have an open date for 9/24, so it's not like Kokomo picked up an opponent while the Western Boone AD was mulling his options, leaving only Hammond Central available.

I would've scheduled Kokomo just because it's a game I'd want to see.  I'm guessing it would be a better gate and almost certainly superior competition and I think playing games like that make the team tougher in the playoffs.  But I'm just a fan.  Not a coach.  

I don't know the reasons behind the decision.  Perhaps it's as simple as wanting to get a win for homecoming and they'd have been significant underdogs to Kokomo.  Maybe they just don't want to schedule what would figure to be a more physical game and go into the final 3 games of their conference schedule banged up with games against 5-0 Southmont, 4-1 Danville, and their rivalry game against 4A Lebanon still on the horizon.  Maybe there are some relationships involved or maybe there were other factors none of us is aware of.  You seem to assume it's just that they don't want to risk a more likely loss.  That could be it, or part of it, or not it at all.  It's not as if they haven't played 5A Lafayette Harrison and 4A Western in recent years as one of their 2 nonconference games so it's not like they are just looking for easy wins there.  

31 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Kokomo is coached by the young Austin Colby,  son of Brett Colby, former Frankfort coach and one of the instigators of bringing the "Wing-T in a phone booth" offense to FHS.  That offense gave other SAC teams fits for a few seasons until they started to figure out and the Hot Dogs ran out of good athletes to execute it.   I can understand why the Western Boone coaching staff are afraid of the Wildkats.  

Oh, the Frankfort "program" is going nowhere fast.  Not many people in this town really care, they are too busy working to keep a roof over their heads and food on the able for their families.  American football is a frivolity for the majority of Frankfort residents, and they simply don't have the deep, deep pockets that the Western Boone farming community has.

I don't care who the coach is... Playing Kokomo wouldn't benefit Webo.. Again, I have no inside sources as to what/why they didn't schedule them but gave you some reasons as to why it may not benefit.  It's not always black and white (Webo is afraid to play them)... 

Yeah, Thorntown/Jamestown/Dover are building roundabouts currently and are looking to be the next Fishers/Carmel/Westfield.  🙄  

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Muda69 said:

It's mostly tradition to schedule your homecoming games against a cupcake opponent.  Don't want the fans and alumni to walk away from the football field disappointed.

Apparently Lawrence Central didn't get your memo.

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

16 hours ago, 1st_and_10 said:

I don't care who the coach is... Playing Kokomo wouldn't benefit Webo.. Again, I have no inside sources as to what/why they didn't schedule them but gave you some reasons as to why it may not benefit.  It's not always black and white (Webo is afraid to play them)... 

Yeah, Thorntown/Jamestown/Dover are building roundabouts currently and are looking to be the next Fishers/Carmel/Westfield.  🙄  

Please explain this "benefit the team" rational.  Is it primarily an injury risk factor, and exactly really how important is this "they play an offensive we'll only see once this year"  excuse?   Using this type of logic it makes sense for all the Sagamore conference AD's and varsity coaches to get together and agree on one  offense scheme that all member schools would run.  That way this "benefit" could be fully realized.

Good to hear about the roundabouts.  That intersection of SR32/SR47 in Dover is a mess.  And Boone county is one of the doughnut counties, aka metropolitan Indianapolis.   Ugly urban sprawl creeping north and westward is a given.

On 9/25/2021 at 7:14 AM, Muda69 said:

Please explain this "benefit the team" rational.  Is it primarily an injury risk factor, and exactly really how important is this "they play an offensive we'll only see once this year"  excuse?   Using this type of logic it makes sense for all the Sagamore conference AD's and varsity coaches to get together and agree on one  offense scheme that all member schools would run.  That way this "benefit" could be fully realized.

Good to hear about the roundabouts.  That intersection of SR32/SR47 in Dover is a mess.  And Boone county is one of the doughnut counties, aka metropolitan Indianapolis.   Ugly urban sprawl creeping north and westward is a given.

You're a joke... 

I'm not explaining anything to you... It has nothing to do with the Sagamore... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XStar said:

He also apparently can't read a map.  

My apologies. I meant SR75/SR32.   SR47 goes thru Thorntown (had a great BBQ chicken meal at the Lions shelter during the Festival of the Turning leaves this past weekend) and SR75 goes south of town towards Dover.

6 hours ago, 1st_and_10 said:

You're a joke... 

I'm not explaining anything to you... It has nothing to do with the Sagamore... 

Hmm. It appears the Western Boone football program has outgrown the little 'ole Sagamore conference. It now has bigger fish to fry...............

Look for the Sagamore conference to be gutted within the next five years. One can easily see the likes of Western Boone, Danville, Tri-West, and Lebanon fleeing to greener pastures of the Indianapolis metro/urban-sprawl athletic conferences.

Edited by Muda69
  • Disdain 1

22 hours ago, Irishman said:

Moving on please....Western Boone played a game, and Kokomo played a game. 

And Both were Home games for each team, with both teams earning gates!

I bet the financial impact of losing home games at this time had more to do with not scheduling each other than anything else. Especially since it appears to be WB homecoming.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Per Channel 46 Chuck Freeby's Twitter account - New Prairie will host Indianapolis Tech on Friday night at 7:30pm Eastern

Is Anderson quarantined or struggling on numbers? 

Tech's coming off an exciting last-minute win over McCutcheon last week.  Not sure of depth, but might be a more exciting game for Tech ... albeit Anderson might have been more likely to be a win.

Hammond Central is looking for a game this week. 

Bloomington South is looking for a game for week 8 The game needs to be home as it is set for our Senior Night. Please reach out to Head Coach Gabe Johnson if interested. gjohnson@mccsc.edu 812-606-0145 

• Like 2
  • Disdain 1