Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

My apologies...

I’m just happy to not see “Temptation” show up at the top of my Gridiron Digest page for the last 2 days.

Not that I have an issue with “Temptation”.  I likely agree with him more often than not.

Still…just how much $ do you guys need to make this thing stick? 

Not being disrespectful.  Serious question.  

Some of us here might have a Shekel or so to help (not myself of course…..not that I’d admit to it, anyway).

Edited by Lysander
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lysander said:

I’m just happy to not see “Temptation” show up at the top of my Gridiron Digest page for the last 2 days.

Not that I have an issue with “Temptation”.  I likely agree with him more often than not.

Still…just how much $ do you guys need to make this thing stick? 

Not being disrespectful.  Serious question.  

Some of us here might have a Shekel or so to help (not myself of course…..not that I’d admit to it, anyway).

Every little bit helps. My services are free, but you have to wait for me to fit anything needing work here into my normal work flow.

One my wish list for here, I need a couple drives and want some RAM:

Drives such as this one (we need two as replacements for aging drive, but the server would hold eight of them): https://www.newegg.com/p/1Z4-00WE-00082

RAM such as this set would fill the machine and replace a couple failing sticks that are throwing errors right now: https://cloudninjas.com/products/dell-288gb-18-x-16gb-ddr3-1333-mhz-pc3-10600r-ecc-registered-server-memory-upgrade-kit

Those two things would go a long way towards seeing our 2011 server last many more years.

...just a wish list since you ask, but I wouldn't sent them back if then showed up on my stoop. 🙂

That should be a temporary fix... for posting now.

Trying to fit this in between classes and office hours. Usually office hours are free time :). I just got rid of a young lady who sat in here for almost 3 hours all by crying. Calc II is hard any how, but it's really hard when you lack the prerequisite algebra and trig skills... sorry just venting.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DK_Barons said:

Trying to fit this in between classes and office hours. Usually office hours are free time :). I just got rid of a young lady who sat in here for almost 3 hours all by crying. Calc II is hard any how, but it's really hard when you lack the prerequisite algebra and trig skills... sorry just venting.

Thanks for all you do! Care package on the way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DK_Barons said:

Doesn't bode well for the semester when folks are already crying in the office in the first month.

I usually get the guy who comes into my office after failing the mid-term, without the pre-reqs for the class, and then tells me how unreasonable the exam was and how I should realize that SOME students might not have the requisite background.

9 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Doesn't bode well for the semester when folks are already crying in the office in the first month.

I usually get the guy who comes into my office after failing the mid-term, without the pre-reqs for the class, and then tells me how unreasonable the exam was and how I should realize that SOME students might not have the requisite background.

1st week... well 1st full week any way. 

2 hours ago, DK_Barons said:

Math is stupid anyways, I swear to God it is. Who needs a tape measure when you’re packin a 13 inch ruler? I gotta go 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

Math is stupid anyways, I swear to God it is. Who needs a tape measure when you’re packin a 13 inch ruler? I gotta go 

A couple female coworkers were discussing weather this week. One of them said that she liked snow and then started complaining about the weather man promising a foot and then she'd be disappointed because she only got a couple inches. To which I interjected into their conversation, "is this weather man someone you found on Tinder?" To which she seemed confused, but the second lady started choking on her lunch. Swear to God I thought I was going to have to make a call to 911 for her. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, DK_Barons said:

I am already felling it. It was a long 8 week summer session. It's the first summer I've worked in a number of years. Right now... I feel it wasn't worth it. 

I started a new position with the dean's office this summer and still ended up teaching an online course too since the new position announcement came to close to the start of the summer for someone else to take teaching the course.  Couple that with my two boys travel baseball and it made for a less-than-relaxing summer.  With the new position, I was supposed to see a slight break this fall, but got notice right before the semester started that I had to pick up an additional course ... basically going to teach my entire AY load this fall.  In theory, I should be just doing pretty much just admin in the spring ... but I'm not about to hold my breath.  At least next summer looks like it's just going to be a couple of weeks in Europe and then baseball travel with the boys.  That should be a bunch more fun.