Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New Pal headed back to 4A?

1 hour ago, fenderbender said:

Don’t think they can beat Whiteland in sectional this year.   Does that send them back to 4A?

lost more games in the past two seasons than the first 7 for Coach Ralph.  

Nope, this is year 1 of the 2 year cycle… so they would have to not garner enough points next year as well. 

Edited by Olympian06

20 minutes ago, temptation said:

A classic example of a public school getting punished for a few great classes.

They bumped up 1 class… won a state title in 5A and have stayed in 5A. It’s an accomplishment.. Pretty sure only 4 schools have bumped up and won a state title (Columbus East, New Pal, Memorial and Cathedral) with only Columbus East and Cathedral bumping up and having to play 2 classes above their normal class. 

While it sucks for current kids, we all thought it was a great idea when Cathedral and Chatard were winning title after title prior to the implementation of this success factor. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I mean it was week 2 and they played a top 2 3A team and top 25 team in the state….a team that beat chatard and has a 4 ️ kid who trains with Robert Mathis.

let’s not overreact to their loss 

They lost to Decatur Central.  The game last night showed how not good they are.  CG’s reserve beat DC’s first string in the second half.

24 minutes ago, JHgwood said:

They lost to Decatur Central.  The game last night showed how not good they are.  CG’s reserve beat DC’s first string in the second half.

Center grove….the #1 team in the state by a wide margin….I’m sure their backups are pretty good lol 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, JHgwood said:

LMAO 😂. CG, as in the CG that is ranked in the top 10 in the entire country? Those backups can start at 95% of schools in Indiana. 

• Like 1

Let’s just not overreact to anything so far

teams not expected to win getting wins is great and are worth noting.

but great programs losing a few early means nothing.

it would be like saying “Chatard is 0-2, is this the end of an era?” 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

2 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

They bumped up 1 class… won a state title in 5A and have stayed in 5A. It’s an accomplishment.. Pretty sure only 4 schools have bumped up and won a state title (Columbus East, New Pal, Memorial and Cathedral) with only Columbus East and Cathedral bumping up and having to play 2 classes above their normal class. 

While it sucks for current kids, we all thought it was a great idea when Cathedral and Chatard were winning title after title prior to the implementation of this success factor. 

Not at all comparable.

Edited by temptation

Yeah I think it’s time for coach ralph to move on. A 96-8 coaching record won’t cut it at New Pal. I mean come on…if I can have a better coaching record than you on super tecmo bowl than how good are u really?! I bet Belichek will leave the patriots soon or maybe bill cowher might come out of retirement. New Pal has some good options to get them back in 5A.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, temptation said:

Comparing Cathedral and Chatard to NEW PAL is irresponsible and you know it.

No further explanation needed.

You had one part of your post correct however…”it sucks for the current kids.”

No I compared them to Columbus East, Memorial, Cathedral and themselves.. 

What I did say tho, was everyone thought it was a great idea for this rule when Cathedral and Chatard were thumping people like tambourines at a tribal ceremony. 

22 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

No I compared them to Columbus East, Memorial, Cathedral and themselves.. 

What I did say tho, was everyone thought it was a great idea for this rule when Cathedral and Chatard were thumping people like tambourines at a tribal ceremony. 

Obviously.  Are you honestly expecting folks to have sympathy for Cathedral and Chatard?

You'll be waiting a while.

Edited by temptation

11 hours ago, temptation said:

A classic example of a public school getting punished for a few great classes.

I’d differ a bit with your phrase “a few great classes”.  Prior to this year, New Pal had lost only 6 games in 8 years, won 4 Semi-States (played in 5) and 3 State Championships.  When they did lose last year to Whiteland in Sectional and Columbus East in Semi-State in 2013 (maybe ‘14), they lost to two teams that were Top 10 Teams All Classes by most any quantitative measure.

I might not differ with your underlying point but I wouldn’t consider New Pal the classic example.  They’ve quite literally been on a decade long run that, for the most part, is almost unmatched.  

I’m certainly not writing any eulogy for New Pal any time soon (add that I think if they were back in 4A they would be facing a beastly Roncalli team this year….don’t know about next).  I will admit that Brebeuf (whom I’ve watched twice) has a superior defense but a lot of the damage that was done New Pal Friday was entirely self-inflicted…..and entirely fixable.  

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Lysander said:

I’d differ a bit with your phrase “a few great classes”.  Prior to this year, New Pal had lost only 6 games in 8 years, won 4 Semi-States (played in 5) and 3 State Championships.  When they did lose last year to Whiteland in Sectional and Columbus East in Semi-State in 2013 (maybe ‘14), they lost to two teams that were Top 10 Teams All Classes by most any quantitative measure.

I might not differ with your underlying point but I wouldn’t consider New Pal the classic example.  They’ve quite literally been on a decade long run that, for the most part, is almost unmatched.  

I’m certainly not writing any eulogy for New Pal any time soon (add that I think if they were back in 4A they would be facing a beastly Roncalli team this year….don’t know about next).  I will admit that Brebeuf (whom I’ve watched twice) has a superior defense but a lot of the damage that was done New Pal Friday was entirely self-inflicted…..and entirely fixable.  

It’s easier in today’s world just to throw the victim card out.. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

It’s easier in today’s world just to throw the victim card out.. 

They are a victim…of their own success. The current crop of kids is being “punished” due to the success of their predecessors.

A public school of 1000-1100 kids can only punch above their weight for so long.

• Haha 1
  • Kill me now 1