Jump to content

New Pal headed back to 4A?


Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, temptation said:

How’s Pioneer holding up these days?

Same deal on a bigger scale. 

I don’t know, nor do I personally care how Pioneer is holding up.. Just 1 more year and you can stop whining about teams being victimized 😂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, temptation said:

They are a victim…of their own success. The current crop of kids is being “punished” due to the success of their predecessors.

A public school of 1000-1100 kids can only punch above their weight for so long.

Depending on the % of free lunches correct?

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Depending on the % of free lunches correct?

You’re catching on.  It is more important then enrollment though.  Thanks for the reminder.

Chatard hung with a team that had 5 times it’s enrollment on Friday night.

Let that sink in.

Edited by temptation
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Chatard hung with a team that had 5 times it’s enrollment on Friday night.

Not at all comparable

23 hours ago, temptation said:

Comparing Chatard to NEW PAL is irresponsible and you know it.

No further explanation needed.

 

Edited by gonzoron
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, temptation said:

You’re catching on.  It is more important then enrollment though.  Thanks for the reminder.

Chatard hung with a team that had 5 times it’s enrollment on Friday night.

Let that sink in.

So did Detroit MLK.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Not at all comparable

 

Separate argument.  Chatard’s P/P status competing against a school with universal free lunch (nearly 70 percent) in a one time scenario is different than comparing a public school of 1100s ability to reload year after year and take on schools twice their size.

But you already knew that.

Edited by temptation
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Payne said:

So did Detroit MLK.

Yes, they did.  Good point.  Obviously a school of 1000 with over a half dozen next level athletes on the roster more so fits the athletic profile of an Indiana P/P more so than a public school like New Pal.  One poster on here likened King to what Tech would be if all of the city schools combined for athletic purposes.

Those New Pal teams ran roughshod over folks with 2-3 D1 guys, including a RB who is now playing SPECIAL TEAMS in the Big Ten.

Edited by temptation
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/28/2021 at 3:14 PM, Grover said:

Where did the New Pal posters go?

Still here.

 

Dragons are very young this year.  4 seniors on defense and 2 on offense.  Really should have beat DC, even with a ton of mistakes, it came down to a FG attempt.  Brebeuf is a good team that gave our young secondary all kinds of problems.  Time to head into conference play and see what we've got.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/28/2021 at 9:23 AM, Olympian06 said:

Nope, this is year 1 of the 2 year cycle… so they would have to not garner enough points next year as well. 

actually it's year 1 of the 1 year cycle.  Because enrollment was not taken into affect this past year, the sectionals will be reset after this year.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/28/2021 at 1:02 PM, temptation said:

Obviously.  Are you honestly expecting folks to have sympathy for Cathedral and Chatard?

You'll be waiting a while.

I don't think any Cathedral or Chatard fans, players, coaches want or need sympathy. They just keep their minds to the grind. So there is nothing to wait for. Nor do I think @Olympian06 cares to wait, he brought up valid points especially using Columbus East as an example. What is irresponsible is comparing New Pal and Pioneer. It is night and day difference comparing a 4A school (with a decade of success) playing up in 5A (where they have had a plethora of success in 5A) t a 1A school where the roster numbers will be vastly different.

22 hours ago, temptation said:

They are a victim…of their own success. The current crop of kids is being “punished” due to the success of their predecessors.

A public school of 1000-1100 kids can only punch above their weight for so long.

They are no victim nor will any New Pal fan, player, or coach claim to be a victim. The Decatur Central game was 100% a game they could have won (considering DC is a solid 5A team so is New Pal). Brebeuf is 3A and they lost to them, but Brebeuf is a very good team this year. I don't see where the victim card should be played. New Pal if healthy will do just fine in 5A.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 1st_and_10 said:

actually it's year 1 of the 1 year cycle.  Because enrollment was not taken into affect this past year, the sectionals will be reset after this year.

Thank you for the correction. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Olympian06 said:

Thank you for the correction. 

Have we received a straight answer from the IHSAA what will happen after this year?  Entirely possible that they do not know yet. 

I was under the impression that after this season the would settle all of the classes by enrollment.

I have not seen anything about how success factor would be handled differently. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/28/2021 at 7:57 AM, fenderbender said:

Don’t think they can beat Whiteland in sectional this year.   Does that send them back to 4A?
 

lost more games in the past two seasons than the first 7 for Coach Ralph.  

Time for contraction.🤣

Seriously though, what a run for Coach Ralph and the Dragons.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 1st_and_10 said:

actually it's year 1 of the 1 year cycle.  Because enrollment was not taken into affect this past year, the sectionals will be reset after this year.

 

39 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

Have we received a straight answer from the IHSAA what will happen after this year?  Entirely possible that they do not know yet. 

I was under the impression that after this season the would settle all of the classes by enrollment.

I have not seen anything about how success factor would be handled differently. 
 

 

Given that teams were moved in Success Factor this season, even though enrollment numbers didn't happen, it will be interesting to see.  My guess is that what will end up happening is that the enrollment/SF resets will start following even-odd alignment as opposed to odd-even.  The other alternative is that SF and enrollment will be done every year, alternating. 

If they try to go even-odd, everyone who moved this season will get a three-year stay in their new classes ... unless they just wipe this season fully-clean.  Plus those who were not impacted will also stay in place ... which could be good/bad depending on team.  A team like Pioneer, which on first blush this season looks like they could be gearing up for a return to 1A could end up spending another three seasons in 2A if there's a new set with enrollment that starts 2024 season.  On the other hand, a team like Covenant Christian, which just picked up a 1A title last season, could end up pulling a WeBo and get three straight state titles ... although realistically CC's game with TPCA makes a CC title this year not a slam-dunk.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

Time for contraction.🤣

Seriously though, what a run for Coach Ralph and the Dragons.

My reason for my original posting was not to shut down the program and fire the coach.

I think the run they put together from 2013-2019 may be one of the best ever.

They lost to Mt Vernon last year after not having a game within 4 TDs for 5 years straight and are 0-2 this season.  

Just something to talk about.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, fenderbender said:

My reason for my original posting was not to shut down the program and fire the coach.

I think the run they put together from 2013-2019 may be one of the best ever.

They lost to Mt Vernon last year after not having a game within 4 TDs for 5 years straight and are 0-2 this season.  

Just something to talk about.

 

 

Oh, I know. I was just being funny (or trying to).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/29/2021 at 10:42 AM, temptation said:

You’re catching on.  It is more important then enrollment though.  Thanks for the reminder.

 

No..I am not really catching on.  My comment was tongue and cheek.  Nothing has changed from my past comments...it may very well be a variable in the equation for success.  You and I disagree about the size of that variable.

I am not sure why we overreact at the beginning of the year.  First, most teams don't play their best football at the beginning of the year.  Secondly, talent is absolutely cyclical, and sometimes the young ones need to develop.  New Pal can absolutely more than compete in 5A....their history has shown it.  Just a few years ago, they knocked off 6A CG twice in back to back seasons.  The second time NP beat the Trojans, the CG team was being criticized for being down.....the young Trojans developed, played their best football at the end of the season, and went all the way to the 6A final and dang well could have won it.  So why we try and draw conclusions based upon such a small volume of work early in the season leaves me scratching my head.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2021 at 12:43 PM, temptation said:

Yes, they did.  Good point.  Obviously a school of 1000 with over a half dozen next level athletes on the roster more so fits the athletic profile of an Indiana P/P more so than a public school like New Pal.  One poster on here likened King to what Tech would be if all of the city schools combined for athletic purposes.

Those New Pal teams ran roughshod over folks with 2-3 D1 guys, including a RB who is now playing SPECIAL TEAMS in the Big Ten.

Who is the RB playing Special Teams in the Big Ten?  Don’t you have to dress to play?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, CaptainHook said:

still some bitterness from those two games, huh?  Spegal dressed and got a carry yesterday.

Nobody at CG is bitter about those two games.  We just wish you would have kept playing us.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Grover said:

Nobody at CG is bitter about those two games.  We just wish you would have kept playing us.

Certainly not you but it appears JHgwood could likely use a touch of Preparation H when it comes to New Pal. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...