Jimtown at Osceola Grace, 7 pm
Glenn at St. Joseph, 7 pm
Lowell at New Prairie, 8 pm
Marian at Bremen, 7 pm
Penn at Cathedral, 7:30 pm
Riley at Adams, 7 pm
Washington at Kankakee Valley, 7:30 pm

Central Hammond by 5 scores…two terrible teams 

Hammond Morton over Elkhart- Elkhart needs to show something this week.

Oseola Grace by 7

Glenn by 14

NP by 20

Bremen by 7

Cathedral by a 1/3 of the miles penn has to travel down there.

Adams by 20

Kankakee Valley by 17

Hammond Central at Clay - 2 bad teams, but I can't imagine someone worse than Clay. Central by 4 TDs. 
Hammond Morton at Elkhart - Giving EH some much deserved respect (that one is for you Caveman Souki). Sarcasm aside I think the lions get the W in this one.
Jimtown at Osceola Grace - Jimtown can't lose this one right? I know scheduling an OOC game on week 3 is tough but it looks like other schools are getting it done. Maybe the Jimmies need to start looking west for a better matchup.  
Glenn at St. Joseph - I think Glenn gets by the Indians to earn some "small school" respect. 
Lowell at New Prairie - I'm gonna give NP the edge in this one. But region football is always tough. I love this matchup and think it will be a good game in New Carlisle. 
Marian at Bremen - Can the small schools get 2 wins vs the big boys? maybe. This is a toss up but my head says Marian wins it late in the 4th. 
Penn at Cathedral - 0-3 is inevitable for the Kingsmen. This is more about the eye test and getting ready for the NIC. 
Riley at Adams - Adams wins this intercity matchup. 
Washington at Kankakee Valley - This is one of those games where no outcome would surprise me. But I'm leaning towards the Kougars have a 2 TD victory. 

23 hours ago, ASJCPUMA said:
Friday, Sep. 3
Hammond Central at Clay, 7:30 pm
Hammond Morton at Elkhart, 7:30 pm
Marian at Bremen, 7 pm
Riley at Adams, 7 pm

Hammond Central will take this toilet bowl by 5 scores.

Elkhart if they can find the end zone 

Jimtown by 21- they would be able to get outside on OG defense .

Glenn- will have to play mistake free ball and grind this one out. Falcons by 10

Marain- can Marian finally put a W on the board. What a disappointment with all the repeat hype. From the looks of it they won’t make it out of week1 of sectionals.

Cathedral- The Kingsmen have surely fallen. Maybe they should add back some more SB schools to bolster their records again.

Adams- takes this one easy if they don’t forfeit again…

Kankakee Valley- Washington is too one dimensional for decent teams. 

1 hour ago, Football Guru 25 said:

Is Glenn real or competition been weak??  I know Boone Grove only had 16 players week 1....not sure how good Riley is but hey i'll give them credit 2-0 just wonder if they are as good as things are starting to chatter about.....

It will be determined on Friday night.  Last year when they met Glenn had the injury bug so I am sure there will be a little payback if possible.

1 hour ago, Football Guru 25 said:

Is Glenn real or competition been weak??  I know Boone Grove only had 16 players week 1....not sure how good Riley is but hey i'll give them credit 2-0 just wonder if they are as good as things are starting to chatter about.....

Defense is solid. They have put the offense in very good field position. Week 1 the offense never started from its own side of the ball besides the opening kickoff which was run to the 40. 

On 8/28/2021 at 1:25 PM, ASJCPUMA said:
Friday, Sep. 3
Hammond Central at Clay, 7:30 pm
Hammond Morton at Elkhart, 7:30 pm
Marian at Bremen, 7 pm
Riley at Adams, 7 pm

Central big over Clay

Elkhart gets by Morton

Jimmies take care of business 

St Joe takes down the falcons 

NP over Lowell in a close one

Marian tames the lions

Catherdal huge over Penn

Adams big over Riley 

KV slips by the panthers

Hammond Central over Clay -- Too not so great teams.  Hammond Central is a couple TD's better

Elkhart over Hammond Morton

Jimtown gets into the win column versus Osceloa Grace -- This might be a little closer than expected this year

Glenn pulss out a 2 score win vs. St. Joe

New Prairie gets it done in a close game vs. Lowell

Marian uses its speed and playmakers to get a late score and beat the Lons in a good game.

Cathederal names their score against Penn

Adams has too much for a poor Riley team

KV pulls out a close one over Washington

Looks to be a week of mismatches.

Friday, Sep. 3
Hammond Central at Clay: Hammond 42-7.  Clay and Riley need to combine for sports at least.
Hammond Morton at Elkhart: Elkhart 35-7.  This game comes at a perfect time for Elkhart.  Lions start to get healthy and gain some confidence in this one.  Score predition is more of a comment on Mortons situation than Elkharts.
Jimtown at Osceola Grace Jimtown 42-0
Glenn at St. Joseph, Glen 21-10.  Not sure where St Joe gets another W this year
Lowell at New Prairie, NP 42-10.  NP looking to be the favorite in the NIC.
Marian at Bremen, Marian 24-7.  Marian too much for the Lions this week.
Penn at Cathedral, 49-0.  No scoring in 2h.  Penn could win as few as 2 games this year.
Riley at Adams, Adams 49-0.  Big day through the air for Adams
Washington at Kankakee Valley, Cancelled.  Sad.

11 hours ago, ASJCPUMA said:

St Joe beats Glenn 27-9.  A strange game where on 1st play of game Glenn fumbled in the end zone and SJ recovered for a TD.  Glenn got a SJ pick 6.  Noether offense was stellar

Glenn had a lot of penalties and Glenn had 1/2 their starting line quarantined.  

11 hours ago, Rocket said:

NP takes down a good Lowell team  24-14

I knew it wound be a good game as it did make me laugh at some of the prognostications, NP by 20, etc.  Both are great squads and I hope the two meet up in the tournament later this fall.

As an aside, y’all are wasting your time in the NIC.  I’m sure you’d be welcomed with open arms in our league…

9 hours ago, Gipper said:

I knew it wound be a good game as it did make me laugh at some of the prognostications, NP by 20, etc.  Both are great squads and I hope the two meet up in the tournament later this fall.

As an aside, y’all are wasting your time in the NIC.  I’m sure you’d be welcomed with open arms in our league…

I was laughing at some of the predictions also. If those 2 played 10 times I wouldn’t be surprised if it was an even split. As far as being in the NIC I think logistically it makes sense, but I’d love to see them make a move.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rocket said:

I was laughing at some of the predictions also. If those 2 played 10 times I wouldn’t be surprised if it was an even split. As far as being in the NIC I think logistically it makes sense, but I’d love to see them make a move.

The NWCC is much more stable.