Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sad news out of Triton

Release from Triton: It is with sad and heavy hearts that we are making our community aware of the passing of Triton Scholar Cameron Fairchild. Shortly after 3pm today, Cameron was involved in a car accident. 
School personnel, counselors, and clergy are at the school for those who may need a safe space to speak with someone or grieve. 
We ask that you lift Cameron’s family up in prayer as we do our best to support them, our student body, and staff through this difficult time.
Tell the ones close to you that you love them and may this difficult time be a reminder to all of us to not take those around us for granted. Thank you Triton Community for your prayers and unwavering love for our scholars through the coming days and weeks.
Trojan PRIDE,The Trojan Way!!!

Fairchild was a senior on this years team.

• Sad 5

39 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Doing a Google search, it looks like they lost students to automobile crashes in 2016, 2017 and 2018 as well. Condolences going out to the entire community there as they deal with this tragedy. So sad.

Yeah, 2017 was another senior Cameron.  He died on my sons birthday.  They were pretty tight even though my son was a freshman at the time.  While my son has graduated last year, he played a lot of downs with this Cameron.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Gipper said:

Way too much of this, but it’s an easy fix: buckle up and KEEP THE PHONE DOWN.   

Do we know that this young man did not have his seat belt secured and/or that he was on his phone?

This could have been what it was . . . an automobile accident.  

If you know the facts, that is different.  I do not read anywhere on this thread that he did not have seat belt on and/or that he was on his phone.

Please, let's now assume.

as always the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

9 minutes ago, Football Guru 25 said:

Tough for the community of Bourbon.   Thinking of you all!

I grew up in a small town.  Whenever we had a child pass away, there was a sting that never seems to go away.

Edited by Gipper
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Do we know that this young man did not have his seat belt secured and/or that he was on his phone?

This could have been what it was . . . an automobile accident.  

If you know the facts, that is different.  I do not read anywhere on this thread that he did not have seat belt on and/or that he was on his phone.

Please, let's now assume.

as always the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

Good points, thank you.  I hope neither was the case, but when you look at all traffic accidents, these two are always up there in addition to being impaired by substance impairment.

1 hour ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Not sure why you wouldn't post it? It's a news article related to the situation. Truly heartbreaking!

https://www.wndu.com/2021/08/30/mother-triton-high-school-student-killed-crash-heartbroken-after-losing-son/

No one that I knew had any of the details until yesterday.  I usually have my connections to get details sooner, but in this case I did not.  This article was 2 days after the accident.  My apologies that I didn't post it sooner.

26 minutes ago, trojan474 said:

No one that I knew had any of the details until yesterday.  I usually have my connections to get details sooner, but in this case I did not.  This article was 2 days after the accident.  My apologies that I didn't post it sooner.

Sorry @trojan474 my response was not directed to you. It was directed to @ASJCPUMA who said:

2 hours ago, ASJCPUMA said:

I will not post it here but if you go to WNDU TV South Bend they have an interview with his Mom and some info on the accident.  

Didn't really understand why ASJCPUMA did not want to post a news article concerning the thread.

• Like 1