Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Zionsville FB

On 1/24/2019 at 6:13 PM, CaptainHook said:

I amend my statement.  Having a live video feed of your game occasionally does not hurt attendance.  Having your games broadcast weekly via video feed most definitely hurts attendance.  Why go to the game if you don't have a kid on field and can stay and watch the game from your living room?  Haven't I seen post after post this season about MIC attendance?  Not a coincidence that all these schools broadcast their games.  I'd be willing to wager a hefty sum that if all New Palestine games were broadcast, our attendance would decline.

We've broadcast every NP game - audio only - for the last six years. They're also the best six years of attendance we've ever had. 

Every broadcast is a three-hour commercial for the school and the program and allows you to connect with those who otherwise might not be able to stay in contact with the program (those out of town, out of state, people thinking of moving into the community, et al). 

On 1/27/2019 at 6:31 PM, crimsonace1 said:

We've broadcast every NP game - audio only - for the last six years. They're also the best six years of attendance we've ever had. 

Every broadcast is a three-hour commercial for the school and the program and allows you to connect with those who otherwise might not be able to stay in contact with the program (those out of town, out of state, people thinking of moving into the community, et al). 

Agree 100% on audio.  Free weekly video is an entirely different problem for HS attendance.

On 1/27/2019 at 6:31 PM, crimsonace1 said:

It also hasn't hurt that these have been the best 6 years in the history of the football program.   That said I agree that audio broadcasts don't hurt attendance.   I would say video is a different story.   On a side note, it's going to be a sad day if/when @crimsonace1 is no longer doing games on New Pal radio.  And you're great on hockey broadcasts as well!!

• Like 1

Back to the original topic of this post... Hearing that finalists interviews are complete and the AD has begun making calls to those who have been eliminated. Likely an announcement later today. No word on the complete finalist, but there were two internal candidates that made it to the final rounds of interviews.