Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

" Western deals with grief after Buckley's death"

A friend sent me this article. I did not know the young man, but wanted to share knowing this community would show their support. Prayers to the Buckley family as well as the Western team and school community. 

https://www.kokomotribune.com/sports/football-western-deals-with-grief-after-buckleys-death/article_4d1f9d72-053b-11ec-95ce-8f7d3eeeac3b.html 

• Sad 2

Pretty good game.  Western was bigger up front and moved the ball with more ease, at least it seemed to me, but I don't believe either team forced a punt.  The difference was a long touchdown run Western broke with under 2 minutes left in the first half that put them up a full touchdown just before halftime so Western Boone did not have enough time to answer and 2 misssed conversions by Western Boone (first the xp and then the 2-point).  Like this series for Western Boone.  Gives them a tough program at a higher level to test themselves against early.  The last 2 seasons have shown that losing this game does nothing but help them get better for the rest of the season.  And if there was ever a time you like to see a team win, it's when they are having to deal with adversity like Western has this past week.  

• Like 3