Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Visitors’ Jerseys Must Be White

Bobref

Question

I was browsing another high school football forum and came across this picture. I commented that the visitors’ jerseys were illegal, which they are, because they are not white. I got a slew of responses about teams that routinely wear gold jerseys on the road. Is this true, that teams are wearing gold visitors’ jerseys? Hasn’t anyone ever called them on it?

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4227852583918977&set=gm.363308638759495&type=3

Edited by Bobref

3 answers to this question

It was common in Indiana 10 years ago (give or take), for teams to use "alternate" jerseys.  Either the rules changed or schools were called out with an "emphasis" and I have not seen it anywhere recently.

39 minutes ago, US31 said:

It was common in Indiana 10 years ago (give or take), for teams to use "alternate" jerseys.  Either the rules changed or schools were called out with an "emphasis" and I have not seen it anywhere recently.

The rule is pretty specific. 

Rule 1-5-1b(2)

“2. Players of the visiting team shall wear jerseys, unaltered from the manufacturer’s original design/production, that meet the following criteria:

The body of the jersey (inside the shoulders, inclusive of the yoke of the jersey or the shoulders, below the collar, and to the bottom of the jersey) shall be white…”