Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Indiana Game of the Year (Part 1)

17 minutes ago, temptation said:

I know all about Cass Tech too.  You gimme another "public" school in America that boasts 1000 students and has 6-8 D1 prospects on the roster.  Don't be so blind.

That's irrelevant to the fact that you have explicitly stated multiple times that non-mega school enrollments with low socioeconomic factors can't compete. There's 3-4 Miami inner-city schools (Northwestern/Central/Washington/Jackson) that all have between 900-1500 students who produces a ton of D1 talent year after year. I don't know enough about every single inner-city public school system in the country to give you more examples but will assure you they're out there.

Serious question, do you think a school like Tech is completely devoid of athletes or are they completely devoid of any kind of structure, commitment, leadership within the school or am I just way over my head in thinking that? Do you think that problem exists at King or Cass or any of the Miami city schools I mentioned? If a city like Detroit can produced not only 1, but 2 very, very good inner-city football schools, why can't Indianapolis produce one? Inner-city Detroit just have that many more better football players than inner-city Indianapolis? 

42 minutes ago, temptation said:

Detroit King is as “public” as Cathedral.  In fact, they probably have more future D1 prospects than Cathedral.

A football factory factory first and foremost.

Keep trying though.  It’s cute.

If you have some "exceptions" to your theory, you need to post them so we all can see.  It seems like you change your theory when its convenient.

"Schools with lower enrollments and higher % of free lunches can't compete with the big boys.....unless they are a football factory...."

Seriously??

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

If you have some "exceptions" to your theory, you need to post them so we all can see.  It seems like you change your theory when its convenient.

To be fair, it's no longer a theory when it's been disproven. It's just an opinion without merit.

"Schools with lower enrollments and higher % of free lunches can't compete with the big boys.....unless they are a football factory...."

"Football factory" is the key word, the rest is smoke. We all know that football factories come in all shapes and sizes as well as enrollments, socioeconomic demographics, etc. The one constant however is culture. Won't find many successful football programs that don't have longstanding and rich cultures. 

Seriously??

He's dead serious. He's going to post the same drivel again, someplace, somewhere.

Edited by Footballking16

49 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

That's irrelevant to the fact that you have explicitly stated multiple times that non-mega school enrollments with low socioeconomic factors can't compete. There's 3-4 Miami inner-city schools (Northwestern/Central/Washington/Jackson) that all have between 900-1500 students who produces a ton of D1 talent year after year. I don't know enough about every single inner-city public school system in the country to give you more examples but will assure you they're out there.

Serious question, do you think a school like Tech is completely devoid of athletes or are they completely devoid of any kind of structure, commitment, leadership within the school or am I just way over my head in thinking that? Do you think that problem exists at King or Cass or any of the Miami city schools I mentioned? If a city like Detroit can produced not only 1, but 2 very, very good inner-city football schools, why can't Indianapolis produce one? Inner-city Detroit just have that many more better football players than inner-city Indianapolis? 

Might have something to do with the suburbs?  I can't speak for programs outside of Indiana, but the stats do not lie.  A lot of "inner-city" flight to the suburbs in Indianapolis hence the reason that Brownsburg, Avon, Center Grove, Carmel, Westfield, etc are emerging/established powers?  Just spit balling out loud.  Are kids (regardless of address) flocking TO those programs in Detroit and Miami?  That used to be the case in Indy, but now Marion County talent is showing up in the suburbs more often that the other way around.  Ben Davis used to attract talent from Brownsburg and Avon and now its in the opposite direction.

I've stated for years now that the Indy suburbs will catch up and eventually pass the Marion County schools and it looks great in August/September but just hasn't happened yet in October/November which is the reasoning for your insults.  Ten years ago, I'd have been called crazy, yet here we are again with the HCC dominating the MIC as the season opens.

Once again, I'd like to remind folks reading this thread that we have a poster who publicly backs CATHEDRAL speaking to the specifics of socioeconomics.

Never trust a skinny chef nor a poster who backs a P/P to lecture you on the impact that socioeconomics has on athletics.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, temptation said:

Are kids (regardless of address) flocking TO those programs in Detroit and Miami?

I don't think kids are flocking to King or the Miami schools necessarily. However I do think King, Cass, the Miami schools, etc have committed resources to their football programs, have good enough coaching/leadership structure, vision for D1 prospective to keep their homegrown kids in district. That isn't the case in IPS and why you see so many inner-city athletes end up at private schools or the township schools. 

21 minutes ago, temptation said:

Once again, I'd like to remind folks reading this thread that we have a poster who publicly backs CATHEDRAL speaking to the specifics of socioeconomics.

Never trust a skinny chef nor a poster who backs a P/P to lecture you on the impact that socioeconomics has on athletics.

So continue to "trust" someone who continuously flip flops their stance to fit whatever narrative they like? Thanks but no thanks. I'll continue to call it like it is, you need to come up with new material. 

1 hour ago, Footballking16 said:

If a city like Detroit can produced not only 1, but 2 very, very good inner-city football schools, why can't Indianapolis produce one?  Inner-city Detroit just have that many more better football players than inner-city Indianapolis? 

The likes of Heritage Christian, Cathedral, Chatard, Brebeuf, Roncalli, Secina, Ritter, etc. acquire most of the Indianapolis inner-city OMG! Athletes?

8 minutes ago, temptation said:

Might have something to do with the suburbs?  I can't speak for programs outside of Indiana, but the stats do not lie.  A lot of "inner-city" flight to the suburbs in Indianapolis hence the reason that Brownsburg, Avon, Center Grove, Carmel, Westfield, etc are emerging/established powers?  Just spit balling out loud.  Are kids (regardless of address) flocking TO those programs in Detroit and Miami?  That used to be the case in Indy, but now Marion County talent is showing up in the suburbs more often that the other way around.  Ben Davis used to attract talent from Brownsburg and Avon and now its in the opposite direction.

I've stated for years now that the Indy suburbs will catch up and eventually pass the Marion County schools and it looks great in August/September but just hasn't happened yet in October/November which is the reasoning for your insults.  Ten years ago, I'd have been called crazy, yet here we are again with the HCC dominating the MIC as the season opens.

Hey Temptation...just having some fun.  I love your passion for Indiana HS football.  

Man, its ok if we see the world differently, or perhaps just a topic differently....makes the forum so much more interesting.  Keep the posts coming and my apologies for the hi-jack.

Now back on your topic....always tough to take a game at Carmel stadium.  But I am going with the Trojans and their streak.  

16 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Links please.

Because I know the dynamics of each of those schools and they aren't getting the inner-city OMG athletes sans Cathedral who occasionally gets some. But the deanery schools (Chatard/Roncalli/Scecina/Ritter) are nearly exclusively parochial feeders. 

Chatard roster listed with junior high

https://bishopchatardathletics.org/wp-content/uploads/FB-Roster.pdf

Roncalli roster

https://www.roncalli.org/athletics/fall-sports/football/rosters

Ritter

https://gocardinalritter.org/teams/2716478/boys/football/varsity/roster

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I don't think kids are flocking to King or the Miami schools necessarily. However I do think King, Cass, the Miami schools, etc have committed resources to their football programs, have good enough coaching/leadership structure, vision for D1 prospective to keep their homegrown kids in district. That isn't the case in IPS and why you see so many inner-city athletes end up at private schools or the township schools. 

So continue to "trust" someone who continuously flip flops their stance to fit whatever narrative they like? Thanks but no thanks. I'll continue to call it like it is, you need to come up with new material. 

Indiana’s box scores every Friday night prove my stance.  

15 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Hey Temptation...just having some fun.  I love your passion for Indiana HS football.  

Man, its ok if we see the world differently, or perhaps just a topic differently....makes the forum so much more interesting.  Keep the posts coming and my apologies for the hi-jack.

Now back on your topic....always tough to take a game at Carmel stadium.  But I am going with the Trojans and their streak.  

Any word of Carmel's QB situation?

4 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I've yet to see a box score account for enrollment and socioeconomic factors. 

Gotta be able to connect the dots here "king."

Check out the contests of MIC vs HCC schools over the past decade and compare them to the socioeconomic trends and paths that each school/township corporation is experiencing.

It's not that hard.

13 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Because I know the dynamics of each of those schools and they aren't getting the inner-city OMG athletes sans Cathedral who occasionally gets some. But the deanery schools (Chatard/Roncalli/Scecina/Ritter) are nearly exclusively parochial feeders. 

Chatard roster listed with junior high

https://bishopchatardathletics.org/wp-content/uploads/FB-Roster.pdf

Roncalli roster

https://www.roncalli.org/athletics/fall-sports/football/rosters

Ritter

https://gocardinalritter.org/teams/2716478/boys/football/varsity/roster

Those rosters don't really tell anybody whether or not an OMG! Athlete on the Chatard,  Roncalli, or Ritter rosters resides within an geographical area defined as "inner-city Indianapolis",  but thanks for trying.

18 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Those rosters don't really tell anybody whether or not an OMG! Athlete on the Chatard,  Roncalli, or Ritter rosters resides within an geographical area defined as "inner-city Indianapolis",  but thanks for trying.

Sure it does. The deanery schools aren't located in inner-city Indianapolis and the OMG athletes to which you speak of aren't going to those high schools anyway. It's myth. The non-deanery kids that attend Cathedral are being pulled from Hamilton County and Lawrence Twp predominantly, none of which is considered inner-city, and Brebeuf is also pulling from Hamilton County as well as Washington and Pike Twp, also neither of which are defined as inner-city. Try again. 

I challenge you to attend Roncalli/Chatard this week and report back as to which "OMG inner-city athletes" catch your attention.

I think this would be good for you. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Can't speak for the other schools, but Chatard doesn't have an "OMG! Athlete" on their roster, regardless of whether they reside in the inner city or suburbs.  They have many good football players, sure.  But it's been a decade since Chatard has had a player with a power 5 D1 offer, and it's been several years since they've had a player receive D1 or D2 scholarship money.

I won't argue the other P/P advantages that have been widely debated on this board, but Chatard certainly doesn't fall into any category of pulling inner-city athletes solely to play football.

26 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Sure it does. The deanery schools aren't located in inner-city Indianapolis and the OMG athletes to which you speak of aren't going to those high schools anyway. It's myth. The non-deanery kids that attend Cathedral are being pulled from Hamilton County and Lawrence Twp predominantly, none of which is considered inner-city, and Brebeuf is also pulling from Hamilton County as well as Washington and Pike Twp, also neither of which are defined as inner-city. Try again. 

Thank you for the geography lesson.

27 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I challenge you to attend Roncalli/Chatard this week and report back as to which "OMG inner-city athletes" catch your attention.

Sorry, I'll be camping in the woods somewhere Friday night through Sunday morning.  

"“And into the woods I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.” - John Muir

Great video.  A little back story:  The American flag was presented to and carried by Eli Hohlt whose brother Jackson (CG class of '16 and starter on CG's 2015 undefeated state champs) is a West Point grad and a member of the 101st Airborne and just completed Ranger School.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Muda69 said:

The likes of Heritage Christian, Cathedral, Chatard, Brebeuf, Roncalli, Secina, Ritter, etc. acquire most of the Indianapolis inner-city OMG! Athletes?

links please???

3 hours ago, Grover said:

Great video.  A little back story:  The American flag was presented to and carried by Eli Hohlt whose brother Jackson (CG class of '16 and starter on CG's 2015 undefeated state champs) is a West Point grad and a member of the 101st Airborne and just completed Ranger School.  

True American 🇺🇸 hero!  Thank you for your service young man!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jon said:

image.jpeg.1bee021312aff5cf051c6073946381e1.jpeg

Doesn’t get much better than this; Copper Kettle Game, #1 vs #2, big crowd, can’t wait. CG fans will be there in force and will be loud.  I think CG will shut down Carmel’s Run game forcing them to beat CG through the air. If CG shuts down the passing game it could be a long night for Carmel.  Coach Moore will have his team ready to play. Good YouTube video of Moore’s pre game talk against DC. https://youtu.be/qB5GZkfXuYE?t=335    I am little surprise Moore is going alone with this social media hype stuff but it is the time of social media and if you don’t adjust you will be left behind.

With Carmel starting quarterback - CG 28 Carmel 17.

Without Carmel starting quarterback - CG 38 Carmel 7

Gotta be honest, despite the fact that I am damn proud that my kids had the opportunity to represent the Bishop Chatard Trojans on the field some years back, I have nothing but INCREDIBLE admiration for the Center Grove Trojans after watching this video.  

WOW.....just WOW!!!!

Edited by Lysander
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Brettlow said:

links please???

It was a question I was positing, hence the question mark (?) at the end of the sentence.  Then an esteemed GID member provided an answer to that question.  I was under zero compulsion to provides "links" of my own when putting forth such a query.  

Reading comprehension is your friend. I suggest you practice it.

18 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

I've yet to see a box score account for enrollment and socioeconomic factors. 

https://inview.doe.in.gov/

It's a serious game played everyday, not just on Friday nights.