Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Penn at Cathedral

On 9/2/2021 at 12:32 PM, DACNUT said:

No doubt the Donut districts have exploded in population over the last 30 years, but you need to note that the population of Indianapolis as a city has increased during that time as well. 

The growth of Indianapolis is a direct result of an imbalance in state funding going to Central Indiana. It's been that way for years. It's part of the reason why South Bend's metro area remains stagnant with little growth. Things are done differently in Ohio, where all areas of the state are important.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, temptation said:

Bump.

Haha good call… I think majority of people knew this was going to be a blowout, just a few on here that are still trying to live on those old Penn days demanding respect for the Penn program. Seems the Irish called the dogs off at half.. not too far off on the CG-Carmel score either. 

Just now, Olympian06 said:

Haha good call… I think majority of people knew this was going to be a blowout, just a few on here that are still trying to live on those old Penn days demanding respect for the Penn program. Seems the Irish called the dogs off at half.. not too far off on the CG-Carmel score either. 

4A/5A/6A are a wrap…zero intrigue left for this guy as it relates to those three classes.

CG/Cathedral will be fun.  At this point, just hoping both teams make it to week 10 healthy.

First team to 14 wins?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, temptation said:

4A/5A/6A are a wrap…zero intrigue left for this guy as it relates to those three classes.

CG/Cathedral will be fun.  At this point, just hoping both teams make it to week 10 healthy.

First team to 14 wins?

I still think CG runs the table but man, I wouldn’t be surprised if Cathedral got CG the last week.. I just hope both teams stay healthy all year, both teams have bigger goals than that week 9 matchup. 

2 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

37-0 at half. Running clock entire 2nd half. Penn ran 19 plays for 21 yards in first half.

About on par with what I thought would happen. 

3 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

I would say a state championship out weighs a week 9 victory or loss.. actually I’m positive. 

I think there are plenty of Irish players, coaches and fans that felt our Week 9 loss diminished our State Title last year. If we both win our classes again this year, it will come down to who wins Week9. Both of these senior classes could be historic. If Cathedral drops another to CG, the "greatest Cathedral football class" would be in jeopardy for sure. 

Much work to do, but can't wait for the southsiders to converge on Arlington. 

2 minutes ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

I think there are plenty of Irish players, coaches and fans that felt our Week 9 loss diminished our State Title last year. If we both win our classes again this year, it will come down to who wins Week9. Both of these senior classes could be historic. If Cathedral drops another to CG, the "greatest Cathedral football class" would be in jeopardy for sure. 

So win week 9 and lose the state title is better than losing week 9 and winning the state title? I’ll have to respectfully disagree 

My point is, the state title outweighs that week 9 game. That’s all I was saying 

22 minutes ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

I’m all for as much warranted hype around this game as possible but this take is asinine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

So win week 9 and lose the state title is better than losing week 9 and winning the state title? I’ll have to respectfully disagree 

My point is, the state title outweighs that week 9 game. That’s all I was saying 

No, but the fact is neither are going to lose IN CLASS. The most difficult challenge will be game #9.

It is indeed the game of the decade, year, century...... name it!

8 hours ago, temptation said:

Add Luers in 2A to that list. The Knights are Top 20 regardless of class. That speaks volumes for a 2A school.

8 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

37-0 at half. Running clock entire 2nd half. Penn ran 19 plays for 21 yards in first half.

Anyone who didn't see the Mercy Rule come into play by halftime isn't paying much attention.

9 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

I agree the state title seemed a little diminished only because our loss at CG was a tough pill to swallow...given we probably would have won if not the questionable play calling by our coach.

Both teams will enter week 9 undefeated.

Center Grove, after last night's beatdown of Carmel, will for sure break into the top 10 national rankings this week.

October 15th is still a long time away with alot going on before that date.  Hope both teams stay healthy so it can live up to the hype!

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Add Luers in 2A to that list. The Knights are Top 20 regardless of class. That speaks volumes for a 2A school.

Anyone who didn't see the Mercy Rule come into play by halftime isn't paying much attention.

Andrean still intrigues me but you may be proven right.

I am not sure if there is a box score from last nights game that shows QB rating, but O'Neill was 20-22, ran for a touchdown and passed for three more.  

I think I was most surprised how small Penn looked.  Hopefully they will get things turned around, such a great historic program.

36 minutes ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Lets not get too far ahead. Two big rivalry games ahead with Chatard and Brebeuf. And, an insanely talented Cincy LaSalle team on the road We have some tests still on our schedule. 

Yeah, the team shouldn't be looking past Bishop Chatard, for sure.  It's never easy against the Trojans.