Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

CONFERENCE INDIANA 21

Forgive me if there is a thread for this year already , doubt it though. Long gone are the days when this conference was a yearly top 5 conference.  Unsure of other teams , only know that if bhss didn't have the Mccullough brothers and maybe one of the transfers from bhsn I think they would have played martinsville pretty even last Friday night..  bhss coach Johnson said in his radio pregame interview he is unsure why the boys transferred from bhsn but what is he supposed to do omit them from the team? Nah I think he just said he will gladly accept them but truly doesn't know why they keep transferring. From what I hear some folks are unhappy with coach bless at North.  'Some' I said  and I've seen it myself on social media  .... 

man I'm telling you former OSU commit flipped to IU Dasan McCullough(BHSS)  may work himself into the Mr Football discussion by seasons end if he keeps doing what he does. Dude is a tornado out there touch 'ing' down 😆 at least oncee a game  so far this season..  

• Like 2

It's good to see you back on the forum. I hadn't seen you on here for around a couple of seasons, but you indicated you had a couple of stressful years so that explains why. You are correct about the McCullough brothers as they have had a big impact in the first couple of games, especially with the defense all but new personnel-wise. I haven't seen them in person, but supposedly the O-line has beefed up and has improved which needless to say is a key area of improvement. Early on, it looks like South, North, and CN will be battling it out for the conference crown. Southport, along with both of the TH schools, don't look competitive at all early on. 

19 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

Greetings to the both of you. Nice to see your both doing well  been a stressful  couple of years for me. Glad I got that out of the way. When you.make it through the hard years it should be smooth sailing from  here on out  ..... let's hope 🙏 

WELCOME BACK!

• Like 1

Conference Indiana is just so bizarre now. It’s sad know what it used to be as opposed to what it is now. Maybe one day it can be revived or the current schools can find conferences that fit them…

Anyway, Bloomington South will run through this conference this year. Not even close and won’t be tested at all. Columbus North will be 2nd and Bloomington north will come in 3rd. After that, the remaining schools will battle it out for the order. Southport and the Terre Hautes are very very very behind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, southend said:

The question is, in two weeks does the B. North Cougars have enough offense to counter their soso defense. 
Everyone is forgetting Norths high powered offense.  
This is a good rivalry no mater how the teams are ranked. 

North certainly has an offense that can put up numbers, but as you alluded to, their defense looks kind of shaky early on. They gave up almost 500 yards of total offense to BNL last Friday and that included a 68 yard run, 68 yard pass, and a 77 yard pass that were all TDs.

• Kill me now 1

On 9/1/2021 at 12:34 PM, southend said:

The question is, in two weeks does the B. North Cougars have enough offense to counter their soso defense. 
Everyone is forgetting Norths high powered offense.  
This is a good rivalry no mater how the teams are ranked. 

The mccoulough Brothers play d at South add in two transfers from bhsn to South d as well. And I believe that will more than counter anything that.bhsn has. Dasan mccouliugh was an OSU committ b4 flipping to iu when his dad took a coaching job here  his brother is pretty good as well. Admittedly though I thought martinsville had more success in the passing game last Friday than I thought they should have.  Really feel like south should have one of the best d's in the southern end of the state.  I think coach Johnson is a bit behind where coach moriarity would have this team. But I mean mo is a hall of fame coach so you will have to expect that. 

P.s. I really feel like if dasan mccoulough keeps playing at this level he will get some votes for Mr Football. 

Edited by MuleDriver
Add some thoughts

39 minutes ago, southend said:

Oh, on paper it’s an easy call to make, BS over BN. All the transfers and not just this year but over the years , from north to the south program and all the south move ins.. sure easy enough.

Easy call. 

Well to be fair there have been periods where the transferring was in the other direction.  I remember a three sport athlete transferring from South in the early 90s by the last name Warfield had he stayed at south they would have been a contender  when bo barzilauskas was a soph or freshman  at south. And a whole slew of transfers during the kirk Kennedy era . And it really doesn't bother me anyways the school board has robbed south for decades now with their districting. South should probably be a center Grove sized school if they had common sense districting.  Instead we have large swaths of communities that were historically Panthers living south of bhss going to bhsn.   

Edited by MuleDriver
Grammar

1 hour ago, MuleDriver said:

Well to be fair there have been periods where the transferring was in the other direction.  I remember a three sport athlete transferring from South in the early 90s by the last name Warfield had he stayed at south they would have been a contender  when bo barzilauskas was a soph or freshman  at south. And a whole slew of transfers during the kirk Kennedy era . And it really doesn't bother me anyways the school board has robbed south for decades now with their districting. South should probably be a center Grove sized school if they had common sense districting.  Instead we have large swaths of communities that were historically Panthers living south of bhss going to bhsn.   

Yes on the No common sense districting. 

Well a but disappointed with the bhss Terre haute n game . But a win is a win. To be fair there mY have a decent team this year they put up some big numbers last week .   Columbus north sent a message i feel . Bhsn won as all probably thought they would.   On paper I still think bhss should  be the conference favorite  however they still have a lot of issues....  hope they find their identity soon ...... 

42 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

Well a but disappointed with the bhss Terre haute n game . But a win is a win. To be fair there mY have a decent team this year they put up some big numbers last week .   Columbus north sent a message i feel . Bhsn won as all probably thought they would.   On paper I still think bhss should  be the conference favorite  however they still have a lot of issues....  hope they find their identity soon ...... 

Yeah, the Panthers got off to a fast start and looked like they were going to run away with the game and then they started shooting themselves in the foot with major penalties and TH North didn't do themselves any favors either in the game. They had some defensive mix ups/breakdowns in the secondary tonight that needs to be addressed and I don't know what happened since you couldn't really get a good camera angle on what happened in the game.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, THPD262 said:

THN had 20 penalties for 188 yards.  BL. South had 8.  North had a chance to win but the penalties were crippling.

Yes on this. I'm not too impressed with Bloomington south so far this year. They better have more than what they've showed so far this year, if they want to beat The North Cougars. 

So , all the talk here on the Bloomington teams seems to center on both defenses. Yielding lots of yardage to soso teams. 
unless there is a big turnaround, we could see scores in the 30’s or more tonight. 
I’m going to take the underdog tonight, North. It is always a tight game. 

8 hours ago, southend said:

So , all the talk here on the Bloomington teams seems to center on both defenses. Yielding lots of yardage to soso teams. 
unless there is a big turnaround, we could see scores in the 30’s or more tonight. 
I’m going to take the underdog tonight, North. It is always a tight game. 

I expect a big scoring game also. South has a totally new defense which is bolstered by the arrival of the McCullough brothers and is still trying to work the kinks out. They gave up some big plays in the secondary against THN last Friday because of some mix ups/breakdowns in the secondary. I haven't seen North play yet, but they had difficulty in containing BNL's offense and gave up three huge plays and almost 500 yards to them. Both teams will score, so obviously, whoever can get enough stops will come out on top. North has an edge at both the QB and RB positions, so I'm also going to give them the nod in a close game that will be decided by penalties/turnovers, but aren't most games decided by that.