Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

CONFERENCE INDIANA 21

Well  outcomes tonight probably what most expected.  Sets up the conference title game next Friday at Columbus north. I remember the same scenario a handful.of years back when moriarity was still coach at south.  South with their defense are real tough  , the offense at times probably could use some fine tuning .   Columbus seems like a legit squad again. If south produces 3 turnovers vs cn next Friday likened did tonight vs Southport then cn should come away with the title.     Hard to believe the conference is all but  in the books . Goes fast 

1 hour ago, Lysander said:

Am I correct in saying that only CN has a shot at winning the conference over Bloomington South at this point?

If South wins at CN they will be the conference champs since that is the last CI team left on their schedule. CN's schedule is backloaded with CI teams and still has games left with Bloom. North and TH South after they play Bloom. South. Bloom. North still has two conference games left in CN and Southport. If I'm not mistaken, there could be a three-way tie for the conference title with 4-1 records between Bloom. South, Bloom. North and CN. If CN beats South, the only conference team left that has a chance of beating CN is Bloom. North since CN would be heavily favored over TH South at the end of the regular season. In addition to CN, Bloom. North has a game left with Southport in which they will be heavily favored in that. It boils down to if CN beats South, but loses to Bloom. North, while South has already beaten the Cougars, you have the three-way tie. You can pretty much take it to the bank that neither CN or Bloom. North are going to lose to TH South and Southport, respectively.

Edited by ptr

10 minutes ago, ptr said:

If South wins at CN they will be the conference champs since that is the last CI team left on their schedule. CN's schedule is backloaded with CI teams and still has games left with Bloom. North and TH South after they play Bloom. South. Bloom. North still has two conference games left in CN and Southport. If I'm not mistaken, there could be a three-way tie for the conference title with 4-1 records between Bloom. South, Bloom. North and CN. If CN beats South, the only conference team left that has a chance of beating CN is Bloom. North since CN would be heavily favored over TH South at the end of the regular season. In addition to CN, Bloom. North has a game left with Southport in which they will be heavily favored in that. It boils down to if CN beats South, but loses to Bloom. North, while South has already beaten the Cougars, you have the three-way tie. You can pretty much take it to the bank that neither CN or Bloom. North are going to lose to TH South and Southport, respectively.

Good luck to South.  I hope they pull it off.  I'm looking forward to the South/Chatard rematch on October 15, particularly with the McCullough brothers playing.  

8 hours ago, ptr said:

They had back-to-back  winning seasons during the 2018 and 2019 seasons, so I don't know what happened. They have the new coach so I don't know how that affected the program. They beat South badly last season, 40-14, which was a two-win season for them, and I can't remember how that game transpired to make it so lopsided. but South was hit hard last season by the Covid situation (mostly contact tracing) and a huge number of injuries.

Yes, no one can even put last season in the books. But seems like the drop in competitiveness has been over the last 4-5 years for Southport. 

Sagarin has bhss winning at cn 28-24.  If there were any game  like to attend each season it is the bhss cn or bhss martinsville . Bhss has played cn most years since the 1930s. Game should be "lit" as the younger generation would say . Too bad I can't make it.... any cn fans here? Used to be a few lurking around .  

On 9/25/2021 at 2:06 PM, MuleDriver said:

Sagarin has bhss winning at cn 28-24.  If there were any game  like to attend each season it is the bhss cn or bhss martinsville . Bhss has played cn most years since the 1930s. Game should be "lit" as the younger generation would say . Too bad I can't make it.... any cn fans here? Used to be a few lurking around .  

Beating CN will not be easy. They have three losses that were to Gibson Southern (#1 in 3A at the time, and #3 now), Roncalli (#1 in 4A) and Cathedral (#1 in 5A), and they beat TH North on the road, 24-0 this past Friday. TH North usually has enough offense to score points and up until that game, had not scored fewer than 20 points. CN held the Patriots to just 42 total yards on the game. All of the points in that win came in the 1st half. We beat TH North by 16 points, but the game was closer than that. Having said all of that, sometimes you can get into trouble comparing games since games don't always flow the same. I saw the write-up on that TH game, and CN's offense did struggle at times and South has a pretty good defense. CN has a mobile QB that runs alot. Against TH North, their QB, Luke Hammons, who will be CN's top returning player on their basketball team, ran the ball for 86 yards on 14 carries. Their feature back, Dyllan Redmond, had 213 rushing yards on 26 carries. Bottom line is we need the Panthers to be at the top of their game on defense. 

Edited by ptr

5 hours ago, ptr said:

Bottom line is we need the Panthers to be at the top of their game on defense. 

Man I think the d will perform but if south's o has anything like the 3 turnovers they had in the 2nd half vs Southport it will be smooth sailing for cn to get the W,  that's just the facts .  I'm just  not used to Gabe Johnson yet. I like him and I think he's doing it his way and that is good to see . I just followed coach mo for 25+ years and knew what to expect.  Gabe is 6-0  and I'm not complaining one bit.  The qb coach left south for north a year ago  and I feel like our qb needs to open it up a bit . He has a lot of good options to choose from.  2 te's in smith and Bailey  then Hallett,  fox , and griffin , and black and  at wr maybe even another wr I'm forgetting but seems like they all can scoot and have made big plays this season so far.  Had hoped to see them open things up a bit more by now radio guys mentioned that once or twice during last Friday's broadcast.    So we wait and see Friday what they draw up this week. 

On 9/24/2021 at 1:13 PM, MuleDriver said:

I remember a couple handful of years ago someone on the Gid said perry had the large amount of foreign students.  Why is there such a large portion of those students in that area? 

There are over 14,000 Burmese refugees living in Perry Township, the second largest Burmese community in the USA.  They were sponsored by either the Catholic Archdiocese of Indianapolis or Baptist churches and were initially provided with an apartment near Greenwood Mall in the Southport district.  Perry Meridian, Southport and Roncalli all have a large number of Burmese students, especially Southport.  The Burmese have turned PM and Southport into soccer powerhouses.  Some students also play boy's volleyball and a few wrestle.  Football is not their sport!

Edited by FCGriz
correction
  • Like 1

Well here we go ready or not. Pretty quiet for being the title game week for CI.  Our lovely bloomington newspaper did a writeup on the bloomington north roncalli game , crickets for the bhss cn game i guess..... that's  modern bloomington for ya anyways.  North gets most of the media support IMO.   Is anyone aware of online streaming of this one? 

17 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

Well here we go ready or not. Pretty quiet for being the title game week for CI.  Our lovely bloomington newspaper did a writeup on the bloomington north roncalli game , crickets for the bhss cn game i guess..... that's  modern bloomington for ya anyways.  North gets most of the media support IMO.   Is anyone aware of online streaming of this one? 

Come on! South has gotten all the pub for ever! You need to take this rose colored glasses off and snap your self in to reality! Are you a 30 year old?

1 hour ago, southend said:

Come on! South has gotten all the pub for ever! You need to take this rose colored glasses off and snap your self in to reality! Are you a 30 year old?

Your comment may have been accurate 15 or more years ago but isn't the case now.  But this week is a perfect example the press has a write up on the bhsn roncalli game , as I said crickets for the two undefeated ci teams playing for the title in the same conference bhsn is in. There have been numerous occasions in the last decade that these types of things happen in our local media. I recall the indy star doing a write up on bhss a few years back and thinking that's about the only fair account the Panthers r gonna get. Either way the better teams usually draw more press that has even been admitted by the local media .... but crickets for the ci title  week.....  oh well ... 

• Like 1

You have to be kidding me, lol, you are biased as they come ,north getting all the local media support the last 15 years? Man ,if I have ever heard an unsubstantiated comment in my life,  this takes the cake. Radio and press have always drooled over Mo and the panthers. Lol. Where do you get this idea ?After one article?  

19 minutes ago, southend said:

You have to be kidding me, lol, you are biased as they come ,north getting all the local media support the last 15 years? Man ,if I have ever heard an unsubstantiated comment in my life,  this takes the cake. Radio and press have always drooled over Mo and the panthers. Lol. Where do you get this idea ?After one article?  

You clearly didn't read my comment

In which I said there have been numerous articles or lack of during the last 10 -15 years. Obviously we don't agree ..... no biggie . It's always been a bunch of north fans or parents or whomever that make that same argument that south gets more press which hasn't been the case for quite some time and they know it too and it has become overkill sort of in their attempt to try and keep up with the Panthers I guess.  Sorta like when they stacked the school board years ago to get souths districts . And the press does stoopid stuff like they did this week in ignoring the glaring CI  title game and does a lengthy write up for the north roncalli game which most likely will be over after the 1st half.  

Can’t speak to Bloomington press coverage , and NO dog in this particular hunt, but the CI Championship IS being played between Columbus North and Bloomington South this weekend.

As to Bloomington North v Roncalli…likely over the First Quarter.

• Like 1

I have not been to a cn or bhss game this season. Coach Johnson is only in 2nd season at bhss and the 1st one was the covid year . So things being as they are I will have to give cn the nod until bhss proves otherwise. 24 - 13 cn , South can't afford to blunder the football away on offense cn is coming off a shut out of thn which is a better team than most probably know.  

11 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

You clearly didn't read my comment

In which I said there have been numerous articles or lack of during the last 10 -15 years. Obviously we don't agree ..... no biggie . It's always been a bunch of north fans or parents or whomever that make that same argument that south gets more press which hasn't been the case for quite some time and they know it too and it has become overkill sort of in their attempt to try and keep up with the Panthers I guess.  Sorta like when they stacked the school board years ago to get souths districts . And the press does stoopid stuff like they did this week in ignoring the glaring CI  title game and does a lengthy write up for the north roncalli game which most likely will be over after the 1st half.  

I'm a digital subscriber to the HTO, and you don't see a lot of articles on the games themselves building up to gameday, but there have been quite a few feature articles on players from both South, North, and Edgewood, with a few on the surrounding high schools like Eastern Greene, etc.. About the only thing I saw on the Roncalli/North and CN/South games themselves have been the Friday capsules of each game which really don't delve deeply into the games themselves. FWIW, the Indy Star high school beat writer predicted Roncalli winning the game, 35-24. North's defense gives up a lot of yardage, so I will be surprised if it's an eleven point game. I would go with Roncalli by 21 points, but you have the great equalizers in turnovers and critical penalties at the wrong time. 

1 hour ago, ptr said:

I'm a digital subscriber to the HTO, and you don't see a lot of articles on the games themselves building up to gameday, but there have been quite a few feature articles on players from both South, North, and Edgewood, with a few on the surrounding high schools like Eastern Greene, etc.. About the only thing I saw on the Roncalli/North and CN/South games themselves have been the Friday capsules of each game which really don't delve deeply into the games themselves. FWIW, the Indy Star high school beat writer predicted Roncalli winning the game, 35-24. North's defense gives up a lot of yardage, so I will be surprised if it's an eleven point game. I would go with Roncalli by 21 points, but you have the great equalizers in turnovers and critical penalties at the wrong time. 

I as well am a digital subscriber,  usually only during football season. But I find myself disappointed every time I subscribe.  Sometimes I find it more tolerable to look up the Twitter accounts of the sportswriters In the towns of the teams that bhss plays against or listen to the radio broadcasts of radio stations on those towns ( Sam simmermacker out of Columbus is a hall of famer ) . At any rate  if you click on Sports on the ht you'll them see another tab where you can select high school . Scroll down and you'll find this article https://www.heraldtimesonline.com/story/sports/2021/09/29/bloomington-north-football-takes-roncalli-challenge/5880493001/ . Then scroll down farther and there isn't a bhss cn write up .  The individual player write ups are pretty fair most years . However  the game capsules are every week for all local teams . But again No such write  up for the ci title game  ..... 

Edited by MuleDriver
Grammar

23 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

I as well am a digital subscriber,  usually only during football season. But I find myself disappointed every time I subscribe.  Sometimes I find it more tolerable to look up the Twitter accounts of the sportswriters In the towns of the teams that bhss plays against or listen to the radio broadcasts of radio stations on those towns ( Sam simmermacker out of Columbus is a hall of famer ) . At any rate  if you click on Sports on the ht you'll them see another tab where you can select high school . Scroll down and you'll find this article https://www.heraldtimesonline.com/story/sports/2021/09/29/bloomington-north-football-takes-roncalli-challenge/5880493001/ . Then scroll down farther and there isn't a bhss cn write up .  The individual player write ups are pretty fair most years . However  the game capsules are every week for all local teams . But again No such write  up for the ci title game  ..... 

FWIW, the Columbus Republic high school beat writer predicts CN winning the game, 21-7. Here is their Friday writeup on the games for both CN and East. I don't have a subscription to that site, but was able to still access the article.

Bull Dogs, Olympians face tough Week 7 tests (therepublic.com)

2 hours ago, ptr said:

FWIW, the Columbus Republic high school beat writer predicts CN winning the game, 21-7. Here is their Friday writeup on the games for both CN and East. I don't have a subscription to that site, but was able to still access the article.

Bull Dogs, Olympians face tough Week 7 tests (therepublic.com)

Had already read it. From what I remember you only get 4 free articles so I better save1 for the post-game seems like I went tobtheir site to read a columbus east post-game so I'm unsure if I even have 1 left