Head Coach Openings 2024 ×

CONFERENCE INDIANA 21

Columbus north now are in the least conference co Champs.  Dominating performance last night but they need to be careful dominating bhsn like that . Very likely the monroe county school Corp is going to go after some of Columbus norths districts to get them re-routed to bhsn the next school board meeting . They can't have that sort of inequality bhss tried it but paid the price in having to relinquish their common sense historic school districts. Just be aware of that next time cn. Try a shutout and keep your points down to below 40 ..... 

I'm always on the lookout during tourney time will be interesting to see cn vs. cg this year. I watched the 2007 sectional online when cn handled cg doubt it this year but never know . Anything can happen best of luck in the tourney bulldogs

4 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

Columbus north now are in the least conference co Champs.  Dominating performance last night but they need to be careful dominating bhsn like that . Very likely the monroe county school Corp is going to go after some of Columbus norths districts to get them re-routed to bhsn the next school board meeting . They can't have that sort of inequality bhss tried it but paid the price in having to relinquish their common sense historic school districts. Just be aware of that next time cn. Try a shutout and keep your points down to below 40 ..... 

I'm always on the lookout during tourney time will be interesting to see cn vs. cg this year. I watched the 2007 sectional online when cn handled cg doubt it this year but never know . Anything can happen best of luck in the tourney bulldogs

I saw in a battle of teams with perfect losing records that TH South pulled out the win to avoid a winless season, but has no chance of beating CN next week. After getting beat up the past two weeks, North will finish the regular season with a probable win over Southport which is shooting for an 0-9 record. South is finishing up with the best 4-4 team in the state in Chatard. I haven't seen anything on David to know if he will be available. He's had an extra week to recover from the sprained ankle, but I don't know if it was a high ankle sprain or what that might keep him out. With the bye week, South has had the chance to put in some new wrinkles on offense, but I don't know if they will do something like that and just stick with what they have been doing. It's not a conference game and the Panthers are locked up with 2nd place, so they just need to come out of the Chatard game healthy. 

• Like 1

@ptr ths has very little chance to beat cn. Southport has some size I doubt they will beat bhsn but never know. As for South do you rest David again? I say play him if he can go.  Again we arrive at the chatard game beat up and most likely lose. This year seemed to have so much more promise early on. And as for building momentum for the tourney that's Hard to do when your not playing and getting injured late in the year. 

7 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

You are so full of yourself. I would love to have a fun breakfast meeting sometime at your convenience. 

• Disdain 2

17 hours ago, southend said:

You are so full of yourself. I would love to have a fun breakfast meeting sometime at your convenience. 

Why such hard feelings. Must be a north grad and can't handle the truth? Why would inhave to pay for breakfast.  I usually ate avocado on toast for breakfast if I even eat breakfast the hipster/lumbersexual crowd eats stuff like that not that I ascribe to their crowd but it actually isn't a bad breakfast . If projecting truth means I'm full of myself so be it I guess......

17 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

@Lysander what radio station will.have the Trojans / Panthers Fri night? 

I guess both WGCL and WVNI would rather cover the Edgewood game rather than run the I-69 construction gauntlet to get to the Indy area for the Chatard and Southport games. The Chatard game may end up being a twitter game for us unless we want to make the trip up north, which I don't want to do. I fished around some at the Chatard sites to see if I could pick up something about radio or streaming access to the game, and I wasn't successful in finding anything.

54 minutes ago, ptr said:

I guess both WGCL and WVNI would rather cover the Edgewood game rather than run the I-69 construction gauntlet to get to the Indy area for the Chatard and Southport games. The Chatard game may end up being a twitter game for us unless we want to make the trip up north, which I don't want to do. I fished around some at the Chatard sites to see if I could pick up something about radio or streaming access to the game, and I wasn't successful in finding anything.

I will be off work at 6 p Friday  but  not sure that .... check that I believe I saw a post somewhere saying the game had been delayed to 

7 30  per jr Holmes south ad? I'll look into that I might try to go to this one I haven't been to a game since 2018 or 2019 can't even remember now . 

1 hour ago, ptr said:

I fished around some at the Chatard sites to see if I could pick up something about radio or streaming access to the game, and I wasn't successful in finding anything.

Chatard usually streams all home games on their YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJXyOqDVcWW-3V1uWn5YZqw

I would guess they would do the BHSS game as well but I'm not positive. It's produced by the students, so the quality of the commentating and video is usually pretty suspect, but you'd at least be able to see the game.

Safe travels if you do make the trip! And feel free to stop by the Trojan tailgate to say hello!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TheDoctor22 said:

Chatard usually streams all home games on their YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJXyOqDVcWW-3V1uWn5YZqw

I would guess they would do the BHSS game as well but I'm not positive. It's produced by the students, so the quality of the commentating and video is usually pretty suspect, but you'd at least be able to see the game.

Safe travels if you do make the trip! And feel free to stop by the Trojan tailgate to say hello!

Thanks Doc.  I was unaware of this.  I’m in Florida for a couple of weeks and assumed I would miss this one.

19 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

@Lysander what radio station will.have the Trojans / Panthers Fri night? 

MD - I’m not aware of any consistent radio coverage.  Chatard doesn’t have the Cathedral or Roncalli $$$ to pay for radio game coverage.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheDoctor22 said:

Thanks for the info, it's greatly appreciated.

On 10/12/2021 at 8:27 PM, ptr said:

I guess both WGCL and WVNI would rather cover the Edgewood game rather than run the I-69 construction gauntlet to get to the Indy area 

I feel like most other cities coordinate their radio stations so that they can cover all the local teams. Bloomington.  . . . . Not so much. It happens a lot that they both wind up at the same game leaving a lot of the locals out of luck. It's bothersome.  Bloomington certainly isn't the city I grew up in. It has changed in a lot of ways....

4 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

I feel like most other cities coordinate their radio stations so that they can cover all the local teams. Bloomington.  . . . . Not so much. It happens a lot that they both wind up at the same game leaving a lot of the locals out of luck. It's bothersome.  Bloomington certainly isn't the city I grew up in. It has changed in a lot of ways....

WGCL, WVNI, WCLS, and WHCC have all covered local high school football games this season, and you would think they would coordinate on their schedules to prevent redundancy. Anyway, based on an article I saw earlier, it looks like David will be under center for South tonight. Chatard has a prolific passer in Carter St. John, who has had some big games passing the ball. Like the game capsule at HTO said this morning, with South's leaky secondary, they may need to sustain some drives to keep Chatard's offense on the sidelines. 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 9:39 PM, TheDoctor22 said:

I thought I would add that I checked the link a little while ago and the game will be available to watch.

Well that wraps it all up . CN outright ci Champs. Really building a program over there in recent years . Bhss well I know we should have been a better team at this point in the season. Chatard is a very good team but  I used to hear  the phrase ' have some pride men 'around the bhss program in past eras. Usually that turns a 42 7 blowout into a 35 - 17 or something else a bit more respectable. Isn't like south had the talent this year or anything.... 😒 disappointing ....         

Until next year ..... take care . 

12 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

Well that wraps it all up . CN outright ci Champs. Really building a program over there in recent years . Bhss well I know we should have been a better team at this point in the season. Chatard is a very good team but  I used to hear  the phrase ' have some pride men 'around the bhss program in past eras. Usually that turns a 42 7 blowout into a 35 - 17 or something else a bit more respectable. Isn't like south had the talent this year or anything.... 😒 disappointing ....         

Until next year ..... take care . 

Chatard may have started the season 0-4, but they are better team than CN after watching both games. They totally controlled the trenches in South's game and the Panther's look lethargic for most of the game, like they didn't want to be out on the field. With the defense on the field for much of the game, they were really dragging in the 2nd half. Had an off-week to prepare, but it made no difference. Simply put, we were a no-show against the toughest two teams on our schedule. Pretty disappointing. Now we travel to play Castle to open sectional play which has become an annual ritual by having to travel there.

Edited by ptr

54 minutes ago, ptr said:

Chatard may have started the season 0-4, but they are better team than CN after watching both games. They totally controlled the trenches in South's game and the Panther's look lethargic for most of the game, like they didn't want to be out on the field. With the defense on the field for much of the game, they were really dragging in the 2nd half. Had an off-week to prepare, but it made no difference. Simply put, we were a no-show against the toughest two teams on our schedule. Pretty disappointing. Now we travel to play Castle to open sectional play which has become an annual ritual by having to travel there.

Yeah pretty much feel the same. Season started great wanted to see em' get  better and build enthusiasm towards tourney time . Sort of went the opposite direction. I get that cn and chatard  are excellent teams but we have two d1 kids on defense and a slew of multi year starters, online is huge and qb has shown signs of brilliance.   Never know but at this point castle and bhsn and e north are all showing good late season team chemistry . Would be surprised if south won a sectional game . 

As for having to make the drive to castle yet again I'm not sure why the luck of the draw has landed in favor of castle all 5 tourney games now. Ping pongs.... you can't control em. 

Columbus norths last regular season game was Oct 15th. They are slated to play the winner of cg / fc on Nov. 5th. That is three full weeks of preparation. To be honest I think they would need a few years to prepare for cg to win but nothing is impossible..... I've never seen the tourney work that way .

Edited by MuleDriver
Edit

22 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

Columbus norths last regular season game was Oct 15th. They are slated to play the winner of cg / fc on Nov. 5th. That is three full weeks of preparation. To be honest I think they would need a few years to prepare for cg to win but nothing is impossible..... I've never seen the tourney work that way .

FC is not a pushover at this point, hosting and a greater than average pain to drive to on a Friday rush hour.

Three weeks can help the body heal more and a team can prepare more, but also extended time off from competition can be a negative for playoff level competition.

• Like 1