Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Bishop Sycamore

28 minutes ago, ASJCPUMA said:

Here’s what sucks about this even further.  Any publicity is good publicity in this instance.

This coach will now use this publicity (“we played on ESPN”) to attract future “recruits.”

Guaranteed.

Edited by temptation
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

If these charter schools don't live up to their customer's expectations then those paying customers (aka parents) will go elsewhere.  And then the charter school closes.  Wish there was such 'accountability' when it came to government schools...

Thank you and as you like to say, a game played by mostly children.

This is all very sad.

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

If these charter schools don't live up to their customer's expectations then those paying customers (aka parents) will go elsewhere.  And then the charter school closes.  Wish there was such 'accountability' when it came to government schools...

This is all very sad.

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

This is all very sad.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I agree that ESPN does not deserve a break here; the game being on ESPN is on them. But let's not ignore the folks at IMG. Did they have game film going into the contest? If so, they should have seen PLENTY of red flags that said this would be ugly. Not hearing or reading that anyone at IMG said a thing. Did they go into the game with no film? That should have been a red flag too. This is about exposure on a big stage; even for the BS program. As someone said even bad publicity is still publicity. 

11 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I agree that ESPN does not deserve a break here; the game being on ESPN is on them. But let's not ignore the folks at IMG. Did they have game film going into the contest? If so, they should have seen PLENTY of red flags that said this would be ugly. Not hearing or reading that anyone at IMG said a thing. Did they go into the game with no film? That should have been a red flag too. This is about exposure on a big stage; even for the BS program. As someone said even bad publicity is still publicity. 

I'm honestly not sold that this Ohio outfit would have film, but the fact that they played last year should have been a sign.  

I can see IMG putting it on everybody in the country this fall, 58-0 was probably the best they could do once this game kicked off and they realized what they were up against.  I'm betting they could have scored 100 had they wanted to.

1 minute ago, temptation said:

I'm honestly not sold that this Ohio outfit would have film, but the fact that they played last year should have been a sign.  

I can see IMG putting it on everybody in the country this fall, 58-0 was probably the best they could do once this game kicked off and they realized what they were up against.  I'm betting they could have scored 100 had they wanted to.

I agree, but feel IMG knew this a week ago today; and maybe knew enough or even more to say they are not playing this game; way too many red flags. 

11 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I agree, but feel IMG knew this a week ago today; and maybe knew enough or even more to say they are not playing this game; way too many red flags. 

The red flags were there years prior and Warren Central still played them. I don't get it. As was stated in one of the articles, and was mentioned when Warren played them, they have guys playing for them that ran out of HS eligibility. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Irishman said:

According to an article that I saw, IMG had played them last year and won 56-6.  IMG had intimate-enough knowledge of the program prior to this season. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, ASJCPUMA said:

They just opened a new school here for soccer.  But it is in a building and classes will be held.   Is this the new wave for parents who thinks their kids are D1 in any sport?

With how the government funded schools are handling many things today, many parents are taking their tax dollars elsewhere.  Good for them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Warren Central played Bishop Sycamore, apparently.

From John Harrell's page.

2019 SEASON (8-4)
Coach: Jayson West
Aug. 23   Center Grove W 21 14    
Aug. 30   Louisville Trinity (Ky.) L 14 17    
Sep. 6   North Central (Indianapolis) W 28 7    
Sep. 13 at Lawrence Central W 40 21    
Sep. 20 at Ben Davis L 24 27 2OT  
Sep. 27   Pike W 28 14    
Oct. 4 at Lawrence North W 24 23    
Oct. 11 at Carmel L 0 28    
Oct. 18   Columbus Sycamore (Ohio) W 37 6    
Nov. 1 at North Central (Indianapolis) W 17 10   sect
Nov. 8   Lawrence North W 34 7   sect
Nov. 15   Center Grove L 14 28   regn

52 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

Warren Central played Bishop Sycamore, apparently.

From John Harrell's page.

2019 SEASON (8-4)
Coach: Jayson West
Aug. 23   Center Grove W 21 14    
Aug. 30   Louisville Trinity (Ky.) L 14 17    
Sep. 6   North Central (Indianapolis) W 28 7    
Sep. 13 at Lawrence Central W 40 21    
Sep. 20 at Ben Davis L 24 27 2OT  
Sep. 27   Pike W 28 14    
Oct. 4 at Lawrence North W 24 23    
Oct. 11 at Carmel L 0 28    
Oct. 18   Columbus Sycamore (Ohio) W 37 6    
Nov. 1 at North Central (Indianapolis) W 17 10   sect
Nov. 8   Lawrence North W 34 7   sect
Nov. 15   Center Grove L 14 28   regn

Different Sycamore school in Columbus, that one is a public school

3 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Different Sycamore school in Columbus, that one is a public school

Looks like the discussion was Bishop Sycamore back in 2019.  Even (apparently) garnering a new GID poster from Bishop Sycamore.

3 minutes ago, temptation said:

I'm not so sure.  I believe it was "Bishop" Sycamore.

Granted it was likely a COVID game, but it's interesting that no one from WC posted how "horrible" these guys were back then or now.  As pointed out, IMG actually played these guys last year and apparently didn't think enough about the mismatch or abilities to ring the warning bell this season in a re-match.

9 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Granted it was likely a COVID game, but it's interesting that no one from WC posted how "horrible" these guys were back then or now.  As pointed out, IMG actually played these guys last year and apparently didn't think enough about the mismatch or abilities to ring the warning bell this season in a re-match.

I stand corrected ... there was one person posting about Bishop Sycamore and asking questions ...

23 minutes ago, temptation said:

That was my predecessor.  Yappi was on top of this fraud of a program from the beginning.  

“Fraud” being the operative word.  With which IMG and ESPN are willing participants.  Clearly IMG knew from the year prior what was going on…..and ESPN must have intentionally been averting their eyes.