Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

CIC Week 3

Elwood at Oak Hill ©, 7 pm
Frankton at Blackford ©, 7 pm
Madison-Grant at Alexandria ©, 7 pm
Mississinewa at Eastbrook ©, 7 pm

Elwood at Oak Hill-  Looking like Oak Hill will be the contender for the top of the CIC this year.  Couple of impressive wins and a RB with 8 TDs already.  Taking on a winless\scoreless Elwood team, should be an easy Eagle Victory.

Frankton at Blackford- Who will break the longest losing streaks in the CIC?  Taking the Bruins just because of home field...

M-G as Alex- Both teams got in the win column this week, both have momentum.  Alex at home and playing a little better competition squeaks out a close game.  Should be a good one.

Mississinewa at Eastbrook- Ole Miss well rested or rusty after having to take last week off?  Don't think it will matter much either way.  Panthers with some turnovers last week may be out to prove they can hold on to the ball this week and with an run and pass threat now, the CIC doesn't stand much of a chance.  Panthers by a lot in this rivalry.

Good luck to all teams this week as conference play has begun!!

24 minutes ago, djbowzz said:
Elwood at Oak Hill ©, 7 pm
Frankton at Blackford ©, 7 pm
Madison-Grant at Alexandria ©, 7 pm
Mississinewa at Eastbrook ©, 7 pm

Elwood at Oak Hill-  Looking like Oak Hill will be the contender for the top of the CIC this year.  Couple of impressive wins and a RB with 8 TDs already.  Taking on a winless\scoreless Elwood team, should be an easy Eagle Victory.

Frankton at Blackford- Who will break the longest losing streaks in the CIC?  Taking the Bruins just because of home field...

M-G as Alex- Both teams got in the win column this week, both have momentum.  Alex at home and playing a little better competition squeaks out a close game.  Should be a good one.

Mississinewa at Eastbrook- Ole Miss well rested or rusty after having to take last week off?  Don't think it will matter much either way.  Panthers with some turnovers last week may be out to prove they can hold on to the ball this week and with an run and pass threat now, the CIC doesn't stand much of a chance.  Panthers by a lot in this rivalry.

Good luck to all teams this week as conference play has begun!!

The CIC doesn't stand much of a chance because the CIC is really bad.

Oak Hill over Elwood 48-6.  Oak Hill has had a very solid start.  Will use this game to polish up  before next week and will have an opportunity to rest any nagging injuries.  

Frankton over Blackford 21-14.  Don't know much about either of these teams this year.  I know Blackford has struggled with number of players the last few years and had a lot to replace from their starting lineup.

Alexandria over MG 28-21.  Sounds like MG is playing a lot of younger guys.  They should be pretty good in a couple years but might have to take some lumps in the mean time.

Eastbrook over Mississinewa 48-14.  Eastbrook was able to contain a fairly quick New Haven team last week with their only score coming from a fumble return.  I think Campbell and Nelson might break some big runs but don't think Mississinewa will be able to grind it out for the entire game.  Eastbrook needs to clean up some fumbles and penalties form last week but if they do it will be very hard for anyone to compete with them until the tournament.  

Elwood vs. Oak hill- have to think elwood having yet another coaching change hurts an already struggling program. Oak hill 56-0. (Elwood was at least .500 when Marty Wells was coaching and haven't been close since he was forced out.)

Frankton v. Blackford- don't know much about Blackford other than they are a struggling program. I'm just not sure they are struggling more than Frankton. Film from last week looks like lapel could have scored 100 if they throw like they normally do. Looked like they are trying to get an all state RB in giving the $ kid several touches. Frankton shot them selves in the foot on costly turnovers by veteran players. BLACKFORD 35-12

MG V. ALEX- I know Alex always is competitive with week teams and usually not the bottom team in the CIC anymore sooo....... Alex 21-7

EASTBROOK V. OLE MISS- boy Eastbrook looked good last week. What a great game to attend. Yes Eastbrook has to clean up some ball security issues but man I'm not sure any 2A teams compete with them until semi-state this year. Not sure ole miss has the horses to hang with these panthers for more than a half. Adamson cleans up ball security issues and Eastbrook wins big in 2nd half.  EASTBROOK 42-14

ANYONE know of a rumor that Marty Wells is helping Frankton. I heard he is teaching at frankton now and that they might be looking to him either helping or taking over soon. Just somthing I have heard. 

1 hour ago, CICAlum said:

EASTBROOK V. OLE MISS- boy Eastbrook looked good last week. What a great game to attend. Yes Eastbrook has to clean up some ball security issues but man I'm not sure any 2A teams compete with them until semi-state this year.

Tipton says hello.  And FW Luers may be able to hang with them as well......

1 hour ago, BACKSIDEBELLY said:

I agree with the FW Luers part of that statement, but Tipton isn’t near what they were last year and Eastbrook is a better team than they were last year.  Only time will tell.

I don't know a ton about what Tipton has back from last season.  I know they are historically a very tough program though and they've outscored their first two opponents 75-0 though.  Granted, neither opponent was very good, both CIC as a matter of fact.  One thing is for sure, the Hoosier Conference will offer tests for Tipton before sectional time.  I have my eye on their matchups with LCC and Western that will reveal exactly how good they can be.  The bad thing about the CIC is I don't think Eastbrook will encounter any good teams.  I'm almost certain they'll be undefeated and ranked #1 going into the 2A tournament but I think the lack of quality competition will come back and bite them at some point.  

2 hours ago, XStar said:

I don't know a ton about what Tipton has back from last season.  I know they are historically a very tough program though and they've outscored their first two opponents 75-0 though.  Granted, neither opponent was very good, both CIC as a matter of fact.  One thing is for sure, the Hoosier Conference will offer tests for Tipton before sectional time.  I have my eye on their matchups with LCC and Western that will reveal exactly how good they can be.  The bad thing about the CIC is I don't think Eastbrook will encounter any good teams.  I'm almost certain they'll be undefeated and ranked #1 going into the 2A tournament but I think the lack of quality competition will come back and bite them at some point.  

I don’t think the first two games are telling at all for Tipton.  LCC and Western are the only two decent teams on their schedule.  I don’t think that qualifies Tipton as playing a quality schedule.

4 minutes ago, BACKSIDEBELLY said:

I don’t think the first two games are telling at all for Tipton.  LCC and Western are the only two decent teams on their schedule.  I don’t think that qualifies Tipton as playing a quality schedule.

Agree. Their schedule is ranked 247th toughest in the State. Eastbrook's is 271st.

2 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Agree. Their schedule is ranked 247th toughest in the State. Eastbrook's is 271st.

That's because Tipton played two CIC teams in non-conference (although Eastbrook still somehow managed a worse nonconference schedule than someone who played Elwood and Frankton).  I think that's the basic premise here.  The CIC is awful.  Let's compare SOS again once both teams play their conference seasons.

16 hours ago, CICAlum said:

ANYONE know of a rumor that Marty Wells is helping Frankton. I heard he is teaching at frankton now and that they might be looking to him either helping or taking over soon. Just somthing I have heard

He is working at Frankton as a part of the Alternative program and helping with a younger age group, has a son playing, but has too much integrity to be trying to take over a program. Frankton has a coach. If that coach reaches out, I'm sure he would help though. 

6 hours ago, XStar said:

That's because Tipton played two CIC teams in non-conference (although Eastbrook still somehow managed a worse nonconference schedule than someone who played Elwood and Frankton).  I think that's the basic premise here.  The CIC is awful.  Let's compare SOS again once both teams play their conference seasons.

That’s laughable.  You think playing Elwood and Frankton is a tougher non-conference schedule than playing Huntington North and New Haven?  You’re stretching partner.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CICAlum said:

ANYONE know of a rumor that Marty Wells is helping Frankton. I heard he is teaching at frankton now and that they might be looking to him either helping or taking over soon. Just somthing I have heard. 

Talk strength of schedule, scheme, literally anything else...but no need for middle school gossip on here.

52 minutes ago, BACKSIDEBELLY said:

That’s laughable.  You think playing Elwood and Frankton is a tougher non-conference schedule than playing Huntington North and New Haven?  You’re stretching partner.

According to the SOS gonzoron provided that appears to be the case.  Both are really bad though.

Edited by XStar

Right now Eastbrook just needs to constraint on Mississinewa and Oak Hill. They're the only 2 teams left in the regular season that's capable of giving them any problems.  As far as the tournament goes Tipton will not lay down even though they lost some pieces and if you come in flat they will punch you in the mouth.  I don't think coming in flat to that game will be an issue for Eastbrook after last year.  Luers and Andrean would take eveything Eastbrook has to get through.  Both of those teams will have deeper rosters and incredible athletes.  Definitely some tough November football but that's what it is supposed to be.  Fortunately I don't think the team seems to be thinking that far ahead.  It's all Mississinewa talk this week.   

16 hours ago, BACKSIDEBELLY said:

I agree with the FW Luers part of that statement, but Tipton isn’t near what they were last year and Eastbrook is a better team than they were last year.  Only time will tell.

Tipton has potential to be as good or better than they were a year ago. Majority of the defense is back from last year. The OL is all back, 1,000 yard rusher back and 2nd leading receiver. They are however breaking in a sophomore QB. At 6’3 230, he has a chance to be really good but is still getting his feet wet right now. First 2 weeks the starters played MAYBE 1 full game worth of minutes so it’s too early to tell just how good they are. One thing I do know is they’ll be well coached and well prepared.

• Like 1

Well Mississinewa didn't even play last week due to Covid.  From what I heard, neither them nor Marion could play so the issue was on both sides.  I've heard that not all Grant County schools have handled covid cases appropriately when it comes to athletic teams and events though.  Hopefully all teams are able to play going forward.

Oak Hill vs Elwood-Oak Hill by as much as they want. Will also be a shutout!

Frankton vs Blackford-Flip a coin. 2 bad teams I will take Frankton by a td!

Alexandria vs Madison Grant- would of taken Young Alex over young MG by 2 scores but heard Alex is had to go virtual learning!

Eastbrook vs ole miss- Eastbrook by 3 td's

My predictions for the year are:

1. Eastbrook- still class of cic! Very well run sports program!

2. Oak Hill- seem to have a strong group this year. Always well coached!

3. Ole miss- seem to still be adapting to new coach. Hopefully they start gelling soon!

4. Alex- very young still have to score 30+ to win! Have some talent coming up but thin at most grades.

5. Mg- very young but have some talent coming! Seem to be trending in the right direction. 

6. Frankton- trying to rebuild after the Ryan tenure. Will take multiple years to right the ship!

7. Blackford- not sure what happen to all the kids but need to figure out why numbers are down. Not just covid!

8. Elwood- The school board has personally killed their sports program! Until they bring in a new board they will stay in the basement!

7 hours ago, irishuncle411 said:

Talk strength of schedule, scheme, literally anything else...but no need for middle school gossip on here.

Just thought I would ask I don't know much about the new coach or where he came from but hard to believe a program would pass up a good coach/classy person like him self. 

3 hours ago, XStar said:

Well Mississinewa didn't even play last week due to Covid.  From what I heard, neither them nor Marion could play so the issue was on both sides.  I've heard that not all Grant County schools have handled covid cases appropriately when it comes to athletic teams and events though.  Hopefully all teams are able to play going forward.

Care to elaborate.  I was referring to injuries not COVID-19.  I would actually like to hear from someone that might have some insight into Eastbrook or Mississinewa.  Thanks.

On 8/31/2021 at 4:59 PM, CICAlum said:

It's the italics I think is bush league.  Alluding to Frankton administration having a first year head coach and another person to take control soon, or that a former head coach in the area is possibly expecting to "take over soon" is not needed on the GID.  Whatever gossip is going on in Frankton should stay in Frankton.  Your original post would have been fine without those three words.

That being said, if either of the two scenarios I painted have even a hint of truth, then this job should be appealing to no potential candidate.  

• Thanks 1