Jump to content
The Gridiron Digest

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, XStar said:

Well Mississinewa didn't even play last week due to Covid.  From what I heard, neither them nor Marion could play so the issue was on both sides.  I've heard that not all Grant County schools have handled covid cases appropriately when it comes to athletic teams and events though.  Hopefully all teams are able to play going forward.

Eastbrook has been without a senior running back he broke his arm during the summer. But tournament time will be fun this year with a stacked 2A North… little confused what you mean by some Grant County schools haven’t handled COVID cases appropriately… would love to no what you mean by that??? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, BACKSIDEBELLY said:

Care to elaborate.  I was referring to injuries not COVID-19.  I would actually like to hear from someone that might have some insight into Eastbrook or Mississinewa.  Thanks.

Eastbrook has a senior running back out with a broken arm but hopefully returns before tournament. Last week was disappointing to see Ole Miss and Marion not play. To bad for the kids especially since most kids were out do to close contact quarantine, who will probably never end up getting COVID 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, irishuncle411 said:

It's the italics I think is bush league.  Alluding to Frankton administration having a first year head coach and another person to take control soon, or that a former head coach in the area is possibly expecting to "take over soon" is not needed on the GID.  Whatever gossip is going on in Frankton should stay in Frankton.  Your original post would have been fine without those three words.

That being said, if either of the two scenarios I painted have even a hint of truth, then this job should be appealing to no potential candidate.  

Totally agree 100% with what you are saying. This dude must be the Bishop Sycamore of CICAlum. We at Frakton love this new guy. (For now) he really takes intrest in developing the youth and yea we suck right now but we will get better. Got a solid staff and admin is one of the best admins around. Best thing he did was bring our youth together to run what he wants them to run. Now don't get me wrong I wish he would have done it with the lapel league because they really helped buy equipment for jr. High and always gave money to both Varsty programs. But I also understand his point of this is closer and gets them competing with CIC teams. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, CoachOsGhost said:

Totally agree 100% with what you are saying. This dude must be the Bishop Sycamore of CICAlum. We at Frakton love this new guy. (For now) he really takes intrest in developing the youth and yea we suck right now but we will get better. Got a solid staff and admin is one of the best admins around. Best thing he did was bring our youth together to run what he wants them to run. Now don't get me wrong I wish he would have done it with the lapel league because they really helped buy equipment for jr. High and always gave money to both Varsty programs. But I also understand his point of this is closer and gets them competing with CIC teams. 

Absolutely 100% it will take time. I wish Alexandria would do the same thing that way by the time they hit jr/Sr high they are not still learning plays! They are working on conditioning and are prepared by the time they hit h.s.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GAMEDAY!!!

Roll Call : What game are you going to or watching on the TV tonight if you are able?

I will be making the trip to Eastbrook for the Rivalry game against Ole Miss.... Go Panthers!!!

 

Good luck to all teams, stay healthy and injury free!  Safe travels to all!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, djbowzz said:

GAMEDAY!!!

Roll Call : What game are you going to or watching on the TV tonight if you are able?

I will be making the trip to Eastbrook for the Rivalry game against Ole Miss.... Go Panthers!!!

 

Good luck to all teams, stay healthy and injury free!  Safe travels to all!

Will be traveling to Blackford to watch the eagles run the ball and pull out a victory.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, djbowzz said:

GAMEDAY!!!

Roll Call : What game are you going to or watching on the TV tonight if you are able?

I will be making the trip to Eastbrook for the Rivalry game against Ole Miss.... Go Panthers!!!

 

Good luck to all teams, stay healthy and injury free!  Safe travels to all!

I'm heading to Rensselaer to watch my Husky take on the Bombers. Pregame meal of a Wagonmaster at the Wagon Wheel Bar & Grill.

4 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

Heading to HSE for a visit from Avon.  Not sure I'll be able to watch it on TV though.....😃

Believe me, @Yuccaguy, you don't want to watch yourself on TV. Take my word for it. Bwahahahaha!

Edited by gonzoron
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

Heading to HSE for a visit from Avon.  Not sure I'll be able to watch it on TV though.....😃

Oh darn..not the CIC, sorry...

No worries, actually have a friend of ours boy playing for HSE, beast of a running back, #22.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

I'm heading to Rensselaer to watch my Husky take on the Bombers. Pregame meal of a Wagonmaster at the Wagon Wheel Bar & Grill.

Believe me, @Yuccaguy, you don't want to watch yourself on TV. Take my word for it. Bwahahahaha!

I hope you have a great meal, because I’ve got a feeling that will be the only thing about this evening that you’ll enjoy.  Hamilton Heights doesn’t look like a very tough ball club this year.  It might be a long night against the Bombers.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, BACKSIDEBELLY said:

I hope you have a great meal, because I’ve got a feeling that will be the only thing about this evening that you’ll enjoy.  Hamilton Heights doesn’t look like a very tough ball club this year.  It might be a long night against the Bombers.

I always enjoy watching my baby play, win or lose. All 6'6"/295 lbs of him.

Edited by gonzoron
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, djbowzz said:

GAMEDAY!!!

Roll Call : What game are you going to or watching on the TV tonight if you are able?

I will be making the trip to Eastbrook for the Rivalry game against Ole Miss.... Go Panthers!!!

I, too, will be at Eastbrook.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, djbowzz said:

No worries, actually have a friend of ours boy playing for HSE, beast of a running back, #22.

Yes he was chewing up yardage like it was 'chicken' in the 1st half.  The 2nd half, well 30 minutes and 2 possessions later, it was time to hit the showers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Definitely going with this prediction for the rest of the year:

1. Eastbrook 

2. Oak Hill

3. Ole miss

4. Alexandria 

5. MG

6. Frankton

7. Blackford

8. Elwood 

1. Eastbrook showed they are in a class of their own. 

2. Oak Hill playing well and coached well.

3. Ole Miss struggles that I do not understand.  What happen to next player up?

4. Alexandria very young and had covid issue last week. Let's see how they respond. Offense has to continue to put up points.

5.MG also very young with a short bench. Would of liked to see them play Alexandria. 

6. Frankton earned this spot against Blackford. Trending upward.

7. Blackford is reeling and needs to figure it out before it is to late.

8. Elwood is as advertised. Just cannot keep switching coaches every year. Mirales leaving youth program has killed his team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, dazed and confused said:

Classless !!!

Nope, just telling it like it is.  Eastbrook played their scrimmage against Hamilton Heights and they weren’t very good.  HH beat the Bombers, so that tells me that they aren’t as good as I thought.  You’ll get over it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BACKSIDEBELLY said:

Nope, just telling it like it is.  Eastbrook played their scrimmage against Hamilton Heights and they weren’t very good.  HH beat the Bombers, so that tells me that they aren’t as good as I thought.  You’ll get over it.

Scrimmages aren't games. There wasn't one play run in that scrimmage by Hamilton Heights using their starting line up. If Eastbrook looks at a scrimmage as a victory, they really need to get out more. You'll figure it out. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BACKSIDEBELLY said:

Nope, just telling it like it is.  Eastbrook played their scrimmage against Hamilton Heights and they weren’t very good.  HH beat the Bombers, so that tells me that they aren’t as good as I thought.  You’ll get over it.

Why am I sensing the stench of a TROLL on the GID?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Scrimmages aren't games. There wasn't one play run in that scrimmage by Hamilton Heights using their starting line up. If Eastbrook looks at a scrimmage as a victory, they really need to get out more. You'll figure it out. 

Didn’t say victory, did I?  I don’t speak for Eastbrook.  I was speaking for myself.  Besides, they still didn’t look that good to me.

4 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

Why am I sensing the stench of a TROLL on the GID?  

No troll here.  I was at the scrimmage.  We’re you??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...