Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Licensed Officials

13 minutes ago, POTLUCK said:

For JV/Freshman games, are officials required to have an IHSAA patch on their shirt? 

Yes, but wearing the patch as required and being licensed are 2 different things. An official not properly uniformed is something that should be brought to the assignor’s attention, and corrected. An official working without a license is a vastly different, and far more serious, matter.

FYI, any questions about patches will soon go the way of the dodo. From here forward, shirts are manufactured with the patch “sublimated.”

Edited by Bobref

10 minutes ago, Ugminer said:

Ya it sucks i just started doing this probably back in 19. So obviously i got all new, now got turn around an buy them again. So dont really look like I'll be doing any games any time soon.

A long sleeve and short sleeve sublimated shirt will cost about $100. You can make that in one week with a varsity and a JV or freshman game. Not much of an excuse.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ugminer said:

Ya i know its just the dang thought. they all basically brand new. Never worn them last year. An probably only done 1 maybe 2 games year before.

You sound like you’re pretty much just starting out. The current shortage of officials has provided some amazing opportunities for newer officials. But it takes some investment to capitalize in the opportunities. A young official who works hard at it can advance much more quickly than was traditionally the case.

2 hours ago, Bobref said:

You sound like you’re pretty much just starting out. The current shortage of officials has provided some amazing opportunities for newer officials. But it takes some investment to capitalize in the opportunities. A young official who works hard at it can advance much more quickly than was traditionally the case.

LET'S GO!