Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MIC Week #3

Interested in folks' thoughts on the four MIC games this week.  Looks like two intriguing match ups and two that should be yawners, at least on paper.

Center Grove @ Carmel - Stated in another thread that this is the first of two "games of the year."  Both teams can light up the scoreboard, but CG is better on the defensive side of the ball.  Trojans 30-17.

North Central @ Warren Central - North Central needs this badly after an 0-2 start in which they have not looked competitive on either occasion.  Warren figured some things out last week against Chatard.  Gimme Warren 45-20.

Pike @ Ben Davis - Pike has shown little offensively whereas BD lit up the score board last week against Avon.  I think this will be a fairly high scoring game.  Gimme BD 41-17.

Lawrence Central @ Lawrence North - No idea what to expect in this one as LN was off last week and I am not sure if LC's win was more so their improvement or the fact that Jeff is down.  I'll take LN 27-20.

I agree with your picks.

We'll see exactly how good Center Grove is this week. Personally, I think Carmel will give them a game for a while. In the end, CG wins somewhere in the neighborhood of the score you have. Give me 31-14.

Warren Central continues to improve under Mike Kirschner this week. Not sure how good North Central is, but I hear they are young. Warren 35-14. Incidentally, Kirsch has never lost as a head coach to North Central. He was a perfect 11-0 at BD.

Pike plenty of times has come into Ben Davis in the last 15 years or so looking like a dud and left with a win or an inspiring performance. If the Giants play to their potential, this shouldn't be a game... I'll take BD 45-14. 

LN finally got over the hump against LC, and I think they do it again. LN 31, LC 14

2 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

I agree with your picks.

We'll see exactly how good Center Grove is this week. Personally, I think Carmel will give them a game for a while. In the end, CG wins somewhere in the neighborhood of the score you have. Give me 31-14.

Warren Central continues to improve under Mike Kirschner this week. Not sure how good North Central is, but I hear they are young. Warren 35-14. Incidentally, Kirsch has never lost as a head coach to North Central. He was a perfect 11-0 at BD.

Pike plenty of times has come into Ben Davis in the last 15 years or so looking like a dud and left with a win or an inspiring performance. If the Giants play to their potential, this shouldn't be a game... I'll take BD 45-14. 

LN finally got over the hump against LC, and I think they do it again. LN 31, LC 14

Will LN have most everyone back from Covid protocol and able to play?