Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WRC Week 3

Didn't see one started, so I'll go ahead......

This weeks games in the Wabash River Conference:

Friday, Sep. 3
Covington at North Vermillion ©, 7 pm
Frontier at Fountain Central, 7 pm
Seeger at Southmont, 7 pm
South Vermillion at Riverton Parke ©, 7 pm

Saturday, Sep. 4
Parke Heritage vs. Adams Central, 7 pm, Mt. Vernon

Covington appears to be the pick and may have the best QB in the WRC

Mustangs continue to improve and get the W

Seeger still not at 100%, I'll take the Mounties in a close one

SV will put points on the board and be too much for the Panthers

I think Parke Heritage will be successful on offense, however they just don't appear to have the same fire power without Sheldon calling the offense.  Adams Central will have the rushing attack that has given PH trouble since their inception.  I'm predicting a barn burner in Fortville!  Adams Central 36 Parke Heritage 30.

Covington-NV will be an entertaining and competitive game with a lot of points.  Falcon Mart pulls out the bag of tricks at the end with a drop kick to win.   NV 38, CT 36

Restore the roar in Mustang land.  FC 32, Frontier 6

Don't ever count out Herbie and Pats.  Seeger 28, Southmont 14

D-1 QB’s don’t lose WRC games…oh wait, my bad.  The Visor will be in full effect for Festival weekend.  RP’s only chance is to send over a truck load of tenderloins Friday after school.   SV and the Visor 58, RP Tenderloins 22

Wolfs are branching out and playing someone that actually has a pulse.  Still won’t matter.  Nobody can prepare for the aerial assault that the Wolfs bring to the table.  AC rushes for 500 yards but it won’t be enough due to the Wolfs throwing for 800.   Wolfs 78, Adams Central 50.  

Missed this last week, with the site being down and all. So, some of my commentary will be from the previous two weeks. Anyways, this week's picks...

Covington vs. North Vermillion - Both teams have scored this year. Even in a loss last week the Falcons put up over 30. The Trojans have showed they can score too, but are pretty porous on defense. This one will probably be a dandy. Will the Falcons play a second overtime game in three weeks? Over/ under on passes thrown in this one is 100. I think Crabtree and the boys pull this one out, barely. NV 41 Covington 40

Frontier vs. Fountain Central - The Falcons might be 0-2, but so should the Mustangs. They may be improved, but the verdict is still out. And from what I understand, their victory last week was against a very depleted RP squad. That might not be saying much, but it wasn't the same Panther team that took the field in week 1 that drubbed Attica 34-6. This one still has the makings of a pillow fight. Whoever has the ball last wins. Frontier 28 FC 21 

Seeger vs. Southmont - The Patriots and the Mounties should have some fun on the turf this Friday. Southmont appears to be much improved at 2-0 with wins over FC and North Putnam, but Seeger has Herb. If anyone can get his players to play, and coaches to coach, even when outmatched, it's Herb. But, if the Patriots aren't 100% like the above poster says, I think The Mounties move to 3-0.  Southmont 28 Seeger 21

South Vermillion vs. Riverton Parke - How does a team with a D1 QB lose 62-56 in week 1 against a team who didn't have a head coach until this summer, but easily beats their county rival in week 2? I dunno, the Wildcat magic might be running out in that visor. Maybe it's time for a new one?  Their D has given up 98 points in two games, while their O has scored 106. The word is that the Panthers are still without the services of several players, but they still put a team on the field last week. From what I hear, if they were full strength they wouldn't have done the same thing to the Mustangs last week that they did to the Ramblers in week 1. But that's why we play the games. This one is closer than the Fighting Visors want it to be. SV 45 RP 40

Parke Heritage vs. Adams Central - This game should be televised. The Wolfs have all the talent you can find in the Wabash Valley. The Flying Jets I'm sure have plenty of home-grown talent. The North vs. The South. The Pass vs. The Run. The latter being the achilles heel of the Wolfs. I think Parke Hertitage will find the brand of football Adams Central plays is a little more harsh than what they're used to. They are talented and may keep it close, but I like the Flying Jets in this one. AC 42 PH 35

@Tanka Jahari Don't leave us hanging. The WRC needs your insight...

18 hours ago, wrcsage said:

Covington-NV will be an entertaining and competitive game with a lot of points.  Falcon Mart pulls out the bag of tricks at the end with a drop kick to win.   NV 38, CT 36

Restore the roar in Mustang land.  FC 32, Frontier 6

Don't ever count out Herbie and Pats.  Seeger 28, Southmont 14

D-1 QB’s don’t lose WRC games…oh wait, my bad.  The Visor will be in full effect for Festival weekend.  RP’s only chance is to send over a truck load of tenderloins Friday after school.   SV and the Visor 58, RP Tenderloins 22

Wolfs are branching out and playing someone that actually has a pulse.  Still won’t matter.  Nobody can prepare for the aerial assault that the Wolfs bring to the table.  AC rushes for 500 yards but it won’t be enough due to the Wolfs throwing for 800.   Wolfs 78, Adams Central 50.  

Where would they get the tenderloins from? 

• Haha 1

A lot of good games this Fridays 

Covington @ NV - I've heard the Falcons have made some improvements from last year but I'm not sure if it'll be enough to stop the passing attack from the Trojans. Only questions is how many yards does the Covington qb throw for? My guess at least 350. Covington wins a close one 35-30

Frontier @ FC - Frontier hasn't been very good as of lately. I agree that this might be a pillow fight but FC has made some improvements.. FC wins this one 26 - 14

Seeger @ Southmont - Was not very impressed with Seeger in week 1 against PH.  Southmont 30 Seeger 20

SV @ RP - I guess RP's running back 24 did not play last week against FC... Could be why FC won that one.. He looked like the best player on the field against Attica in week 1. Excited to see how he will do against a better team such as SV.     SV 56 RP 24

Game of the week PH vs AC - I do not know much of anything about Adams Central but that they like to run the ball. Considering that PH has struggled in the past to stop the run I don't see this game being any different. Both teams put up a lot of points in this one. I'm excited to see how the PH qb and WR will do. They have all the weapons necessary to win this game..   PH 45 AC 40  

Insights:

1. It's going to be a beautiful night for football

2. Covington and North Vermillion. The battle for the Pilot/Arby's Lot Lizard Trophy. My prediction remains the same as it was at the beginning of the week.

3. Have you noticed that shorter shorts are back in style for men? Not so for Brian Moore. His shorts have to be at least knee length to keep him from getting charged with indecent exposure. The Wolfs win by four touchdowns this weekend. 

4. Is there a team harder hit by Covid than Riverton Parke and South Vermillion? Oh yeah, Attica.

5. Congratulations to Fountain Central on crushing RP. I think they're going to be 2-1 by the end of the night.

6. I cannot pick against Prince Herb. The man is a fabulous coach and human.

7. Skip the concession stand at Parke Heritage. The Wolfs food gave me explosive diarrhea and I ended up crapping in my shorts.

28 minutes ago, CheapSeats said:

Why hasnt the clock stopped in the 4th quarter of this Adams Central/ Parke Heritage game??

Lol, that's called Adams Central being up 35-0. I said in my game picks this week that Parke Heritage would find the Flying Jet's brand of football a little more harsh than they're used to. Watching that game tonight, Adams Central looked down right nasty. Slow, methodical, punishing, run attack. Only 3 passes thrown the whole game. Parke Heritage does not look like a top 10 team. 

2 hours ago, Bear54 said:

Lol, that's called Adams Central being up 35-0. I said in my game picks this week that Parke Heritage would find the Flying Jet's brand of football a little more harsh than they're used to. Watching that game tonight, Adams Central looked down right nasty. Slow, methodical, punishing, run attack. Only 3 passes thrown the whole game. Parke Heritage does not look like a top 10 team. 

Parke Heritage is just dysfunctional.  No discipline or grit.  Lack of effort by the rejects that came from TH or wherever.  Zero clue about proper placement of defensive personnel, and defensive scheme equally bad.  All of this coming from a team led by a HOF coach??  Someone please tell me the last time a Coach Moore team won a game they weren't supposed to win.   Embarrassing performance.  Forget about it.   If you want to talk PH Athletics, stick with Basketball.

On a positive note, I guess they are the best team in a bad version of the WRC this year. 

• Like 1

Best of luck to PH the rest of the way. Wish I could've made it down to see it in person especially since my best friend lives a few miles away. Kudos to both PH & my beloved Jets for scheduling the ranked showdown and testing themselves against different styles. A lot teams won't or aren't able to schedule these type of games.

10 hours ago, Reb08 said:

Parke Heritage is just dysfunctional.  No discipline or grit.  Lack of effort by the rejects that came from TH or wherever.  Zero clue about proper placement of defensive personnel, and defensive scheme equally bad.  All of this coming from a team led by a HOF coach??  Someone please tell me the last time a Coach Moore team won a game they weren't supposed to win.   Embarrassing performance.  Forget about it.   If you want to talk PH Athletics, stick with Basketball.

On a positive note, I guess they are the best team in a bad version of the WRC this year. 

You should tell us how you really feel, I swear to God you should!

• Like 1