4. Homestead    -    2-0    164    7
5. Westfield    -    1-1    154    5
(tie) Brownsburg    -    1-1    154    3
7. Hamilton Southeastern    -    2-0    88    NR
8. Warren Central    -    1-1    80    9
9. Indpls Ben Davis    -    1-1    72    8
10. Lawrence North    -    1-0    48    10
ADVERTISEMENT

Others receiving votes: Fishers 38. Elkhart 26. Chesterton 20. Carroll (Fort Wayne) 14. Lawrence Central 2.

5A

Rank-School    FPV    Rcd    TP    Pvs
1. Indpls Cathedral    (15)    2-0    300    1
2. Zionsville    -    2-0    254    2
3. Ft. Wayne Dwenger    -    2-0    214    3
4. Valparaiso    -    2-0    180    4
5. Mishawaka    -    2-0    174    7
6. Whiteland    -    1-0    160    5
7. Bloomington South    -    2-0    120    9
8. Decatur Central    -    1-1    90    6
9. Michigan City    -    2-0    62    NR
10. Bloomington North    -    2-0    38    NR
(tie) Ft. Wayne Snider    -    2-0    38    8
Others receiving votes: Lafayette Harrison 8. New Palestine 6. Goshen 2. Kokomo 2. Castle 2.

4A

ADVERTISEMENT

1. Indpls Roncalli    (14)    2-0    298    1
2. Mooresville    (1)    2-0    264    2
3. E. Central    -    2-0    216    3
4. Leo    -    2-0    206    4
5. Jasper    -    2-0    150    7
6. E. Noble    -    1-0    110    6
7. Indpls Chatard    -    0-2    86    5
8. Northridge    -    2-0    82    9
9. New Prairie    -    2-0    68    10
10. Mt. Vernon (Hancock)    -    1-1    52    8
Others receiving votes: Northview 28. Delta 28. Logansport 20. Pendleton Hts. 18. Ev. Memorial 12. Hobart 4. Martinsville 4. Ev. Reitz 2. Lowell 2.

3A

1. Gibson Southern    (7)    2-0    284    2
2. Indpls Brebeuf    (6)    2-0    274    3
3. W. Lafayette    (2)    2-0    228    4
4. Danville    -    1-1    194    1
5. Tri-West    -    2-0    128    10
6. Lawrenceburg    -    1-1    112    7
7. Guerin Catholic    -    1-1    78    5
8. Norwell    -    2-0    76    NR
9. Western Boone    -    1-1    72    6
10. Calumet    -    2-0    50    NR
Others receiving votes: Ft. Wayne Concordia 48. Mt. Vernon (Posey) 46. Yorktown 22. Southridge 14. Franklin Co. 8. Mishawaka Marian 8. Sullivan 6. Glenn 2.

2A

1. Ft. Wayne Luers    (13)    2-0    286    1
2. Ev. Mater Dei    (1)    2-0    250    2
3. Eastbrook    (1)    2-0    244    3
4. Andrean    -    1-1    182    4
5. Tipton    -    2-0    164    5
6. Heritage Christian    -    2-0    138    6
7. Eastside    -    2-0    116    7
8. Rensselaer    -    2-0    80    10
9. Triton Central    -    2-0    76    9
10. Linton    -    2-0    32    NR
Others receiving votes: Speedway 28. Lafayette Catholic 22. Lapel 12. Indpls Scecina 12. LaVille 4. N. Posey 4.

1A

1. S. Adams    (10)    2-0    286    1
2. Indpls Lutheran    (5)    2-0    268    2
3. Parke Heritage    -    2-0    242    4
4. Monroe Central    -    2-0    198    6
5. Adams Central    -    1-1    176    3
6. Winamac    -    2-0    126    10
7. Covenant Christian    -    1-1    94    8
8. W. Washington    -    1-0    84    7
9. Southwood    -    1-1    66    5
10. N. Judson    -    2-0    46    NR
Others receiving votes: S. Putnam 22. Indpls Park Tudor 12. Tri 12. Edinburgh 10. Springs Valley 4. Triton 2. Tri-Central 2.

---

14 hours ago, LC_Bears_04 said:

They need to drug test the person who gave Merrillville a first place vote instead of Center Grove.

Seriously, go check out the “Indiana HS Football Fans” Facebook page.

Seems like 1/2 of those folks seem to think the DAC is the strongest football conference in the state.

Never been a drug guy (Hell, I’ve never tried the whole “pot” thing) but do people still do LSD?

Apparently they still do there.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lysander said:

Seriously, go check out the “Indiana HS Football Fans” Facebook page.

Seems like 1/2 of those folks seem to think the DAC is the strongest football conference in the state.

Never been a drug guy (Hell, I’ve never tried the whole “pot” thing) but do people still do LSD?

Apparently they still do there.

Seriously.

No on up here thinks the DAC is the strongest conference in the state.

No one has said that this year. No one has ever said that.  

Just like no one ever said that Merrillville had 17 D-1 prospects last year.

But its funny.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

An Indianapolis Catholic school that had won 14 state titles and won the 15th later that year.

Its a new year.............

A modest Indianapolis Catholic with no D1 players vs. a DAC team roughly 3 X the size loaded up with Chicago region transfer players.  A Region team with somewhere between 5 (seen posted here on the GID) to 15 D1 players.

That chest beating was incessant last year.

To no avail…apparently.

Edited by Lysander

31 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Just like no one ever said that Merrillville had 17 D-1 prospects last year.

Museum Studies at RIT: Not so fast, my friend.....

On 9/26/2020 at 5:12 PM, Whiting89 said:

Merrillville will destroy them they have 5 plus D1 players

On 9/26/2020 at 9:52 PM, Donnie Baker said:

20 I read it on Facebook I swear to God I did 

On 9/27/2020 at 12:36 PM, oldunclemark said:

I would guess that Merrillville has 20 future college players at least..

....but probably not 20 D-1 players.....Ball State might not have 20 D-1 players

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

“Ouch!”, to some prior posters above.

I’m all out of “Thank You’s” for the day….but I owe you.

With that, the DAC folks on Facebook are, quite literally, out of their minds.

Edited by Lysander
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lysander said:

“Ouch!”, to some prior posters above.

I’m all out of “Thank You’s” for the day….but I owe you.

With that, the DAC folks on Facebook are, quite literally, out of their minds.

Some boy named Cody says they still have a hoe bunch of D1 players. I swear to God he does 

6 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

Some boy named Cody says they still have a hoe bunch of D1 players. I swear to God he does 

“Yep”.  I swear to God as well (still out of “thank you’s”)

Merrillville could knock down Tampa Bay per Cody.  Sadly, he and his ilk seem to dominate there.

……an even better reason to steer folks of reason to the GID.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lysander said:

A modest Indianapolis Catholic with no D1 players vs. a DAC team roughly 3 X the size loaded up with Chicago region transfer players.  A Region team with somewhere between 5 (seen posted here on the GID) to 15 D1 players.

That chest beating was incessant last year.

To no avail…apparently.

'Modest"?  Bishop Chatard???   Wow.  15 state champs including last year, okay. Okay. Modest.

3X the size? Stop it. Penn is 3times the size of Cathedral Watch for that score. 

The 'chest beating' was exagerrated and NO ONE said the DAC was, is or ever will be the equal of your Catholic schools  

And 'Loaded up'?.  Merrlllville had no transfers from Chicago last year or this year. None. Zero. They had 5 transfers from Morton, 10 miles away

Ly-man. Dont believe everything you see on Facebook or on the GID. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Thank you, Gonzo.

No one you just named ever said that Merrillville had 17  D-1 players, as is being suggested now.. 

Merrillville did have as many as 20 college players in the entire program at all levels.

Many Indy area schools do, too, I'm sure.

Thank you for setting Lysander straight. He means well. 😎

6 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

No one you just named ever said that Merrillville had 17  D-1 players, as is being suggested now..

It was stated on Facebook. Not here. And the number was 17. Thankfully, the GID is not Facebook. Today, the 17 claim about last years team has been pared down to 9 total D1 players from the past 5 years(2016-2021) and 20 total playing college ball from those same years.

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Thank you for setting Lysander straight.

Lysander was correct in his statement. He said it was 5 on the GID. In reality it was actually "5 plus"

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Thank you, Gonzo.

You're welcome. I wasn't attempting to prove anyone right or wrong. I just looked it up and put the information out there so there would be no confusion. 

1 minute ago, gonzoron said:

It was stated on Facebook. Not here. And the number was 17. Thankfully, the GID is not Facebook. Today, the 17 claim about last years team has been pared down to 9 total D1 players from the past 5 years(2016-2021) and 20 total playing college ball from those same years.

Lysander was correct in his statement. He said it was 5 on the GID. In reality it was actually "5 plus"

You're welcome. I wasn't attempting to prove anyone right or wrong. I just looked it up and put the information out there so there would be no confusion. 

Ah, now I get it.  When that Cody clown was claiming 17 D1 players he was talking about in the HISTORY of Merrillville football.  

Makes total sense now.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

'Modest"?  Bishop Chatard???   Wow.  15 state champs including last year, okay. Okay. Modest.

3X the size? Stop it. Penn is 3times the size of Cathedral Watch for that score. 

The 'chest beating' was exagerrated and NO ONE said the DAC was, is or ever will be the equal of your Catholic schools  

And 'Loaded up'?.  Merrlllville had no transfers from Chicago last year or this year. None. Zero. They had 5 transfers from Morton, 10 miles away

Ly-man. Dont believe everything you see on Facebook or on the GID. 

Just one conversation prior to last years’ Merrillville/Chatard game on the GID.

“Anyone know if Jr. Merrillville RB Lavarion Logan was at at Joliet Catholic last year? Name sounds familiar."

Response: 

"Logan was at Merrillville as a freshman and Joliet Catholic as  a sophomore...yes..you are right”

A conversation from last year. 

I also recall hearing folks from Merrillville beating their chest about Morton kids playing for them last year.

Not a single D1 kid last year played for Chatard in that Merrillville multi D1 kid curb stomp. 

Seriously, my sense was that NE Indiana kids moved between schools for Football pretty much on a daily basis…and often as not openly bragged about it....yet Catholic schools have some unfair advantage when the same kids play for them from 3rd to 12th grade and never leave the system.

Also, for the record, there is a WORLD of difference between Cathedral and the Archdiocese schools like Chatard, Roncalli, Ritter and Scecina.

• Like 1

Old Uncle Mark,

Whatever our disagreement, I actually think you would be a fan of Chatard if you ever watched them.  I'm not a Catholic but my wife and kids are and I adore the school.. I've often regretted not having attended there and felt some jealousy of my kids (even after writing the tuition check).

These kids are quite often undersized but are fearless and will never back down.  They will claw and scrape to the end...win or lose....most often winning.  That ethos served my oldest well in college ball and, now, as an executive.   

I was fortunate enough to stumble into an athletic scholarship during college but my oldest son in 8th grade was a better football player than I ever was in HS because of CYO.  In HS, he became even better..

Again, I think you would be a fan of our kids if you ever watched them

Thank you.

Bryan Miller

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Lysander said:

Just one conversation prior to last years’ Merrillville/Chatard game on the GID.

“Anyone know if Jr. Merrillville RB Lavarion Logan was at at Joliet Catholic last year? Name sounds familiar."

Response: 

"Logan was at Merrillville as a freshman and Joliet Catholic as  a sophomore...yes..you are right”

A conversation from last year. 

I also recall hearing folks from Merrillville beating their chest about Morton kids playing for them last year.

Not a single D1 kid last year played for Chatard in that Merrillville multi D1 kid curb stomp. 

Seriously, my sense was that NE Indiana kids moved between schools for Football pretty much on a daily basis…and often as not openly bragged about it....yet Catholic schools have some unfair advantage when the same kids play for them from 3rd to 12th grade and never leave the system.

Also, for the record, there is a WORLD of difference between Cathedral and the Archdiocese schools like Chatard, Roncalli, Ritter and Scecina.

Lavarian Logan was a freshman at Merrillvile. 

That's the key sentence.  I know you know that Joliet is not Chicago and,even if it was, Logan is from Merrillville.

Bishop Chatard was the 3A state champ last year, right?    Their 15th title.   You dont mean to suggest they have no talent. I know. 

In a rare situation. Coaching change and Covid cancelling Morton's season temporarily.  Merrillville got 5 transfers from Morton, none from Chicago 

I hear you about some parts of the state but for the record, Andrean, a school of 450, has far more talent up and down the roster than most 2000-student DAC schools.

I dont begrudge them  I like it when they win, most of the time. I like it when Chatard wins.

All I did was celebrate ONE lonely first place vote in Class 6A for Merrillville and a torrid of bashing was unleashed. 

I sincerely apologize. I know Merrillville isnt the equal of Center Grove .

I was just happy they got one vote.   Again, please accept my deepest apology 😢

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 1